Lucie's SW Journey from 24 Stone to 15 Stone - 1lbs at a time!

New video is up :D I love watching supermarket hauls, especially for Slimming World as it always gives me an idea of things to buy or try so seeing as I want to post weekly about my weight, thought I'd try a supermarket mini haul myself and see if it goes down well. Hope it does as I'd like to do them!

Ooooohhh off to watch...I like these myself :D

Edit Post Watch - Big thumbs up :)

Last edited:
Week 2 Day 11
B - Pain au chocolate from Greggs (17 syns)
L - Chicken subway salad + sweet onion sauce on the side. (4 syns)
D - Chicken and salad at my dads

Total Syns - 21/25

Happy Thursday!

*job update*
So I got a email last night from my friend and she's asked me to come in for a second interview with her this time so that must mean I was good enough to make them want me in again before hiring the other guy..right? haha Hopefully I can show her I'd be perfect for the role and they can offer me the job as I think I'd be really happy there. Gosh, being happy at work. Who knew that was possible! I also have a phone interview next week for another job interview so fingers crossed for those!

* food update*
Still on plan 100% which is awesome. I'm still aware of this loss of appetite. Wondering if it's a mix of leaving work earlier so eating dinner earlier, eating more hearty meals that are actually healthy.. I don't know but I've just not really been hungry.. to be honest it's probably stress at work. Either way, It's been a doddle to stick to syns as haven't even wanted to eat. If anything more of a struggle to make sure I DO eat something with syns as I know my body will think I'm starving it if I don't eat enough.

Feeling really positive still, happy planning meals and trying new things and love getting to know you guys. If you've made it this far then thank you! Having all your lovely messages and comments and replies and stuff really is lovely and it helps so much and I'm so thankful you take the time to sit here and leave me them. I always try and comment back on your thread and take the time to get to know you too and I can only hope we can help each other on our journey :) xx

Last edited:
Stop selling yourself short!.... I really enjoyed it! I enjoy those vids immensely :)

PS Don't worry about reading all my diary. Reading from top of 37 sums my journey up :)

Firstly
Great idea for the video
Secondly
Can I just say I bloody love your kitchen! (And that's coming from an Interior Designer)
Also I got some of that lazy garlic and chilli when I was in Asda at the weekend ( I'm in Donegal so its handy to cross the border and stock up on stuff we can't get here like choc shot, options mini sachets, Alpen lights in flavours other than choc and fudge!! ) anyway do you just use like a teaspoon of them or something? I picked them up cause I always see them on insta

Stop selling yourself short!.... I really enjoyed it! I enjoy those vids immensely :)

PS Don't worry about reading all my diary. Reading from top of 37 sums my journey up :)
Thanks hunny, that's very kind :D I guess I'm still a bit nervous about doing it all on youtube so I'm secretly looking for reassurance.. only.. its not much of a secret haha so any feedback is good! Always been rubbish at taking compliments haha!

Firstly
Great idea for the video
Secondly
Can I just say I bloody love your kitchen! (And that's coming from an Interior Designer)
Also I got some of that lazy garlic and chilli when I was in Asda at the weekend ( I'm in Donegal so its handy to cross the border and stock up on stuff we can't get here like choc shot, options mini sachets, Alpen lights in flavours other than choc and fudge!! ) anyway do you just use like a teaspoon of them or something? I picked them up cause I always see them on insta

haha thank you lovely! I shall tell my mum! She'll love you! Aw it's a shame you can't get choco shot, options and alpen bars. Have you ever thought about doing a Slimming World Hamper swap? Obviously this would have nothing to do with minimins and should ALWAYS be done with someone you know / trust / willing to do it with, ( not always honest people out there ) but I used to do it with beauty products as I get set loads to review as a blogger and alot of the time it's items I wont use so I do swap boxes with other girls and it's the same with the SW hamper. You have a buddy and you set a budget to keep it fair and fill it with things, these can be syn free or syn'd but you'd write a little note with what the syns are. People usually put their favourite treats in and things they couldn't live without in the cupboards. It's always really fun. Maybe you could do one and request you get some of the bits you're unable to do - failing that... I'd always be happy to send a package out to you :) It's no bother :)

It's the first time I've picked these up to try as I use alot of garlic and ginger. I used to get fresh garlic etc but I can't be bothered to peal it and squash it in or grate it in and the garlic granual's aren't always as stron unless you have like 50 of them so I opted for garlic paste from asda and a teaspoon is like 1 clove and saw this and thought I'd give it a go, I would assume - though I'll let you know the next time I use it, that it's a teaspoon for 1 clove etc. I'll check on the packaging when I get home :) I think also depending on how garlicy you want it. Thought it would be great if I'm having a treat to go with those ciabatta rolls, get some butter and melt it with the garlic and put it over like garlic bread. YUM! lol xxxx

Oh garlic bread is my downfall. I could eat it by the tonne. But those Ciabbata are a great idea for hexb I must get them my local supermarket carries them and actually stocks an amazing gf range. Yeah I keep seeing those boxes on insta its a great idea. However I will take any excuse to get into the North to do some shopping. Love Asda it is massive in comparison to our Tescos which isnt the best and it's actually nearly the same distance cause luckily there is Asda in Strabane. Which is quite big or I tip up to Derry City to Sainsburys but I find it expensive (esp when you change currency) Any excuse literally cause its all the same shops but with better selections than we have.

Week 2 Day 13
B - 2 x flumps(4.5 syns) + Apple
L - 2 x brown rolls (1 hexb & (6 syns) Salad cream (4 syns) Ham, cucumber and cheese (half hexa)
D - spag bowl - will add in mushrooms, pepper, red and white onions and use the other half of my hexa for cheese on top.

syns - 14.5

Walked into work today, did it in 35 mins so that was good. Nice bit of body magic and a cold icy walk to clear my head. Feeling very tired and if I'm honest a bit bummed out. Before I even finished typing that I checked my clue app, I'm not due on but I'm apparently ovulating which may explain my current mood. I'm wondering if it might also explain my lack of appetite? Well lack might be the wrong word.. I get hungry, but I'm not wanting to stuff my face between means, and when I am eating meals they are full of meat, and speed food, last night for example I literally had 3/4 speed on my plate! It might be because my body clock has shifted, I'm getting home earlier so I'm eating earlier, I'm getting up a bit earlier and walking into work. Lots of good changes but who knows if they are affecting my body. I feel like I've got this hollowness to my tummy, It's not quite a period pain, It's not really a pain, It's almost a light pressure? I'm pooping ( sorry) fine and I'm definitely eating enough! You know when your hungry and you don't get a change to eat anything and then it sort of passes and there is this hungry ethereal haze going on in your tummy and then it hits you like " I NEED TO EAT SOMETHING NOW! " I guess I kind of feel like that but I'm not getting to that point where I'm like OMG FEED ME!... I just feel.. hollow..yet full?

Now I know before I say this next sentence, some of you may think it's bad BUT for me, it's what works best and I'll explain why :) - I generally weigh myself most days. I know some people really frown upon it but for me, I think it helps me no matter what the results. If I've had a good loss, I always make a note of the foods I ate etc and for me that's a day I'll repeat again at another stage. Equally if it's a sts or a gain it makes me look back and recheck syns, recheck speeds and I guess, without offending anyone... yes it seems a little OTT and obsessive but It's just my persona, I'm very much an all in kinda girl and weighing every day makes me feel in control ( I have control issues haha #I'mNotActuallyKiddingThough ) I weighed in on Sunday at 21st 9lbs and Tuesday morning I weighed myself and I was 21st 6lbs which YAY for me meant I'd hit my stone and I was ideally going to keep smashing it till Sunday and have another big-ish loss. I've weighed myself today and I'm still 21st 6lbs and now that I've come off my pill I'm secretly hoping I'm not one of those people that gain weight when they ovulate because I'm ALREADY one of those people that gain when they are on or due on .. lol as I say, I'm ok, I'm not going to go and start binging, seeing a bad result or rather not seeing what I want to see doesn't knock me off track, if anything it just highlights my journey. SO I walked into work today even though I'm still feeling super sore from falling over. The good news is James is coming over tomorrow night to stay and that's my peak day of ovulating so yaknow.. bow chicca wow wow.. PLUS maybe that means even if this week isn't a big one it will catch up with me next week and NEXT week will be a biggun.

If you made it this far then awesome because I'm just rambling haha.. either way, this hollow feeling girl is off to dream about her hot bubble bath later :) ciao x

Last edited:
Hello lovely!!

That’s amazing news about the second interview – well done!!

Will have to watch your second video at home later – damn work computer…. Hope your arm has recovered after your fall.

My friend weighs herself everyday and finds it’s the only way she looses weight and sticks to plan – everyone is different, you’ve got to do what works for you.

Anyway, enjoy tonight ;)

Yeah I used to religiously weigh every morning but then would get frustrated with myself but came to realise the pattern. I gain anywhere between 1-9lbs star week and there is literally nothing I can do. So now I stick to weekly cause otherwise panic sets in.
Good woman for walking to work, every step gets us all one step closer to that goal!

Hello lovely!!

That’s amazing news about the second interview – well done!!

Will have to watch your second video at home later – damn work computer…. Hope your arm has recovered after your fall.

My friend weighs herself everyday and finds it’s the only way she looses weight and sticks to plan – everyone is different, you’ve got to do what works for you.

Anyway, enjoy tonight ;)

haha Bless you :D Yeah arm's ok, just my back and front where I pulled a muscle but that's pretty much all ok now really.. How are you lovely? x

Yeah I used to religiously weigh every morning but then would get frustrated with myself but came to realise the pattern. I gain anywhere between 1-9lbs star week and there is literally nothing I can do. So now I stick to weekly cause otherwise panic sets in.
Good woman for walking to work, every step gets us all one step closer to that goal!

Hey Mary! :D Yeah I think I've come to terms with the fact that 2 weeks out of the month might not show what I want with ovulating and then on star week and there really is no point getting down about it, just have to keep going so that the following week it shows.

AH WELL :D x

Week 2 Day 14
B - overnight oats (hexb) with muller light cranberry and raspberry yog with raspberries and grapes for speed
L - Left over Spag bowl which has lots of peppers, red and white onions and mushrooms in for speed + an apple
D - left over spag bowl again with hexa cheese on top + for desert I'm going to make a mini syn bow with a Muller light yog, an apple cut up, some grapes with 2 flumps (4.5 syns) and a mini malteaser bunny (3 syns )

So today I've planned to have as much speed with each meal as possible and I'm going to try and drink at least 1L of water today. Feeling super bloated ( Today is peak day of ovulation ) so assume they are both connected. Excited for today's food, especially my desert later! Not sure what tomorrow morning will bring BUT despite this hollow/full feeling I do feel really good so I'm going to focus on how I'm feeling even if it's a sts or gain etc and I know if I stick to plan for another 7 days I'll be rewarded next sunday with a fabulous loss.

I just have to remember how far I've come already and that I'm making a good choice just by being ON slimming world. I'm going to have weeks that don't reflect my hard work and I'm going to have weeks where I lose alot and I didn't deserve too. This is my journey. This is my path.

#KeepOnGoing

That's the biggest thing to stay focused! I too am what I call a serial scale jumper ;) I can go a couple of days without getting on, but then I can get on 3 or 4 days in a row. As long as you realise the only one that counts though is the one at group or the one on your official weigh day then I don't see the problem, especially if it helps you focus and you understand that your weight naturally fluctuates day to day anyway. Good plan for speed and I like the sound of your pud later, a girl after my own heart! x

That's the biggest thing to stay focused! I too am what I call a serial scale jumper ;) I can go a couple of days without getting on, but then I can get on 3 or 4 days in a row. As long as you realise the only one that counts though is the one at group or the one on your official weigh day then I don't see the problem, especially if it helps you focus and you understand that your weight naturally fluctuates day to day anyway. Good plan for speed and I like the sound of your pud later, a girl after my own heart! x

Oh gemma *hugs* thanks for your message! haha glad I'm not the only serial scale hopper! I know it keeps me on track and helps me even when it doesn't say what I want it too. Think a bit later I'm going to do one of the lesley walk videos on youtube, She has a 15 min 1 mile walk video which I can easily do here behind my work counter for a bit of body magic. Just trying to stay focused and enjoy the feeling of making better choices! xxxxx

Lol...you go girl! ;) We might pop out later and get a few more bits for plan. I am ubber excited today :woohoo:..lol... I won't bore you with the details here I shall stick it on my own diary, but you know when you just really get the bit between your teeth and think I am soooo going to do this now!! :D
Have a good day at work chick :) ....oh and my friends call me Gem x

Back