Lucie's SW Journey from 24 Stone to 15 Stone - 1lbs at a time!

Loving the new vid hun! :) Not sure if your Flumps are Candyland 12g ones, but they are only 2 syns each mate. :)

Oh MAN! Now it loosk like I don't know wtf I'm talking about hahaha... I saw they were 2.5 but hey 2 is better! lol

Sorry mate :( I check and double check everything twice through force of habit and being main 'syn sourcer' for my groups FB page :)

Any news on the job lovely? xx

The interviews aren't till tomorrow so wont know anything till after them :D *fingers crossed* Got the phone interview for the 23K job at 8am and then have to be up London for 11am for the interview so suffice to say I'll be having an early night tonight and all ready for my interview by 7.45 ready for the interview and to quickly get up into London! I'm nervous but at the same time excited!

Good good good luck for tomorrow, I'm sure you'll ace everything!

Exante is a meal replacement diet though I do it along with adding a meal so it's just an easier way to calorie count for me really. I like stalking slimming world for great meal ideas! I gained when I did sw though as I just liked the free carbs too much and I find it too hard to just have a little of what I fancy. Might try again when I'm bored with what I'm doing, though!

Have a good day today x

MORNING :D
Week 3 Day 3
Brunch - Syn Free pancakes with bacon, banana and maple syrup (3syns) and BOY OH BOY was it bloomin' delicious! (( 2 eggs with 12tbsp sweetener and 2tsp vanilla extract, whisk to stiff peaks, spray frylight in a pan and cook each side for 3-4 mins. This makes 4-5 medium - large sized pancakes. Half the recipe for just 2 :). I just added some bacon with visible fat removed and banana and 20ml of Clarks maple syrup which is 52 cals so just calling it 3 Syns.))
Dinner - Spagbowl (( red onion, white onion, peppers, mushrooms, less than 5% beef mince,
worcestershire sauce, 2 beef oxo cubes, mixed herbs, garlic, tinned tom's and some tom puree.

So today is my first day off in 7 days and I feel like I don't even know where to start! Had a lay in as that was a MUST! I've done a load of washing, washed up, tidied the house, done a lovely little facial and cleansed and tonned and my skin literlly feels like a babies bottom! I've had a PRE phone interview for tomorrow morning so need to do a little prep work as I'm a bit of a waffler ( no kidding :p ) so want to make some points to stick too. THEN I'm going to change the bed sheets, hoover and later going to paint my nails, shave my legs and wash and straighten my hair and have a nice bath before coming down to make my dinner and get an early night ready for my interviews tomorrow.

Basically today is a chillout and pamper day. I went over my syns yesterday by about 6 so keeping them at a minimum today to make up for it.

Last edited:
All the best for tomorrow chick :)

You're flying it. You'll do amazing tomorrow. Had a similar day myself hoovered the house cleaned the bathrooms did some batch cooking then a pampering shower followed by doing my nails!

Good luck for tomorrow, I'm sure you'll do great. Hope you get the one you want most x

Pamper day sounds just perfect :) hope you had a lovely day!

Good luck for tomorrow my lovely - I'm sure you smash it! Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Let us know how it all goes :)

Sending positive vibes xxx

Week 2 Day 11
B - Pain au chocolate from Greggs (17 syns)
L - Chicken subway salad + sweet onion sauce on the side. (4 syns)
D - Chicken and salad at my dads

Total Syns - 21/25

Happy Thursday!

*job update*
So I got a email last night from my friend and she's asked me to come in for a second interview with her this time so that must mean I was good enough to make them want me in again before hiring the other guy..right? haha Hopefully I can show her I'd be perfect for the role and they can offer me the job as I think I'd be really happy there. Gosh, being happy at work. Who knew that was possible! I also have a phone interview next week for another job interview so fingers crossed for those!

* food update*
Still on plan 100% which is awesome. I'm still aware of this loss of appetite. Wondering if it's a mix of leaving work earlier so eating dinner earlier, eating more hearty meals that are actually healthy.. I don't know but I've just not really been hungry.. to be honest it's probably stress at work. Either way, It's been a doddle to stick to syns as haven't even wanted to eat. If anything more of a struggle to make sure I DO eat something with syns as I know my body will think I'm starving it if I don't eat enough.

Feeling really positive still, happy planning meals and trying new things and love getting to know you guys. If you've made it this far then thank you! Having all your lovely messages and comments and replies and stuff really is lovely and it helps so much and I'm so thankful you take the time to sit here and leave me them. I always try and comment back on your thread and take the time to get to know you too and I can only hope we can help each other on our journey :) xx

Sounds like you've been a busy lady :D Fingers crossed for the job, really hope you get it xx I struggled to eat 2 weeks ago and at time was eating for sake of it :(

Oh gemma *hugs* thanks for your message! haha glad I'm not the only serial scale hopper! I know it keeps me on track and helps me even when it doesn't say what I want it too. Think a bit later I'm going to do one of the lesley walk videos on youtube, She has a 15 min 1 mile walk video which I can easily do here behind my work counter for a bit of body magic. Just trying to stay focused and enjoy the feeling of making better choices! xxxxx
I literally threw my scales in bin outside yesterday because i was getting obsessed lol xx Its just me and SW scales now lol

Good luck for today hun – hope it all goes well for you *fingers crossed!*

I know exactly what you mean about waffling – I have the exact same problem. I hate silence so I sometimes will just come out with nonsense just to fill the void – which in interviews can work against me because I can say things I didn’t mean to – I need to learn when to zip it!!

Pancakes sound good but I’m always wary of making those types of recipes – do they taste really eggy?

Let us know how you get on today xxx

Oh i wish i could do that! I told the OH to hide them up from me and then immediately said 'no don't!' I am OBSESSED! :(
I was making myself ill so i did i had to do it lol

Good morning everyone!

Firstly just want to say thank you so so much for all the support and kind words. You ladies really are like my group and I have so much love for you all :) I love having my little thread here ( thanks Mini, Pierce) and I love being able to vent and write here as it makes me feel in control of my weightloss :)

Week 3 day 4 (yesterday)
B - nothing
L - Sushi from abokado? I didn't even bother synning this, I was so stressed out by the interviews I just got one without avacardo in it.
D - was at my dads and we went out to get some beef and I made a stirfry with LOTS of speed. Leeks, red onion, peppers, broccoli, asparagus and I used my favourite blue dragon sauce the hoisin and garlic ( 8.5 syns) - I didn't have it all and my dad have a little AND I have 2 portions today so I'm just going to call it 4 syns and the leftover as 4 syns.
S - 2xflumps (4 syns) and lots of strawberries, grapes and a clementine.

Week 3 day 5 (thursday)
B - Overnight oats (HEXB) Used muller light smooth toffee and the oats layered with raspberries(SPEED)
L - Left over beef and speedy stirfry (4 syns )
D - Left over bolognese but instead of pasta I think I may cook some sweet potato wedges and get some primevala cheese to make some sort of natcho meaty cheesey feast ...only with potato wedges and left over spag bowl and cheese I probably wont like lol. From what I can see it comes it a 150g tube and 75g of it is HEXA so depending on how much I use, if it's all of it then I'll call it (HEXA)+(6syns)
S - I've brought about 10 or so strawberries to work to snack on between my breakfast and lunch.

Desert is going to be Raspberry and cranberry muller light mixed with more strawberries, apple, clementine and I purchased these 5 for £1 bag of kids sweeties and I've halfed each bag so it's worth 4.5 syns for a few. - side note, the white mice and cherry's aren't worth it BUT the teeth and lips you get at least 8 or 9 for 4.5 syns so for a naughty yet controlled treat I got them. PLUS going to cut up a flump into it (2 syns)

ALL this food for only 16.5 syns ( 10.5 if I only use half the tube of cheese! )

RIGHT.. now onto the job stuff haha :)

I had my phone interview with the recruitment job, I was so nervous and thought I'd tanked it, as soon as it was over I had to leave to go to the other interview which was a second job interview. I can't remember if I went into detail but I guess it doesn't matter too much lol, Basically I should find out today if I get the second job interview I had yesterday. I really want it, it's less money than the first but something feels so right, like putting a sock on and it fits perfectly. I just hope they felt the same way and they pick me as I think this could change so many things for me. *tear* lol jk. I got a call in the afternoon with feedback and the phone interview apparently went well and they too have asked me back for a second interview but I'm not sure it's going to be a good cultural fit. I've very edgy and creative, I like to have bright coloured hair, I have a half sleeve, facial piercings etc.. these are business people that are in a box and there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with that.. I'm just not sure I'm one of them and after being in this job for 5 years and feeling like I've had to compromise my health amongst other things, in effect, give or take an extra 3K a year, is going to be like this job and I'm just not sure I can see myself as happy.

So if you're reading this please pray I'm as amazing as I think I am (lol :p) and that I get this new role! :D xx

Last edited:
Sounds like yesterday went well – everything crossed that you get the second job but just think at least it’s nice that you have different options available rather than putting all your eggs in one basket! But the most important thing, as you said, is that you’re happy – no amount of money is worth your health or happiness (mind you I think I’d make a very happy millionaire haha!) Let us know as soon as you find out :)
Might have to try that Blue Dragon sauce – I usually go for a proper Chinese take away for 8 syns but I always find up I’m drinking half the night due to the amount of salt or whatever that they put in them! x

Food sounds great, great news about your job interviews, looking forward to hearing how t goes. I know the feeling, I landed what I taught was my dream job only to realise it was an awful working environment and with the stress my health suffered, so no job is worth not being happy.

Back