Lucie's SW Journey from 24 Stone to 15 Stone - 1lbs at a time!

I'm having a day like that too... Didn't take enough stuff in and want to eat alllll the time.

I'm also a dirty smoker but trying to quit, quit biting my nails, losing weight but this one seems to be the thing I just can't give up so easily!

How you doing now? Xx

Love the KFC chicken recipes, such good ideas.

I so know what you mean...if I try and compensate for a bad day or I just feel particularly rubbish about myself and my weight, it makes me feel so virtuous just taking the very basics with me to work. And then realise it's not enough.

I liked what you said here "If you cant handle being strict then that means I cant handle giving myself treats. haha and you thought I was all sane and doing well, when right now it's an internal battle of mind over matter. " I think that's quite profound actually about having to be strict to be able to have a treat. Gonna try and remember that :) I have often completely lost the plot when I was having a really good strong run and felt all confident and thought I could handle the one thing and ended up eating my own body weight in pastries and chocolate. Not good *facepalm* (this website desperately needs more emojis)

Isn't it funny how you get something in your head, a particular craving for something, and you actually feel deprived for not having it...rather than being proud that you're able to resist. We are such contrary creatures hehe.

Are you off to a new job? Sorry if you've mentioned it before and I haven't seen it. Btw, in your signature it seems to state your target weight at 1st5lbs...that seems awfully low :D

I can already tell I'm going to be learning lots of new " smart people " words from you BBC, ps, that's your new nickname and you have no choice in the matter :p Like you were saying in your thread, I can't just have 1 sweet so I tell myself it's all about balance, which to a certain degree is very true for slimming world. I can have ANYTHING I want on this plan, I just can't have everything haha. If I want a chocolate bar, I can have one, HELL I can have 3 and use up all my syns but at what point do plan on how to change my mindset? I'm sitting here planning meals and sorting my speed from my healthy extra's and at what point am I training my mind to not want to reward myself with food after a good/bad day? How 1 biscuit is enough ( but is it though? ) So yeah, I have to be strict as I have alot to lose, and it's my way of finding a balance, I can have treats like chinese but they have to be controlled and on my terms and not as a moment of weakness as a cheat :)

I am indeed off to a new job and by golly I couldn't run out of here fast enough! I'm so stressed and overworked not because it's busy but because I'm working stupid 70 hour weeks that I'm actually making myself sick. So I started looking for another job and got a role as customer services up in London, mon - fri 10-6 and I've well and truly landed on my feet with it. I can't wait! Just 3 more days of this vomitus-retardation that is my current job and I'm free! haha Thanks for pointing out the typo It was meant to be total loss but I forgot typed tw for some reason :p

xxxx

I'm having a day like that too... Didn't take enough stuff in and want to eat alllll the time.

I'm also a dirty smoker but trying to quit, quit biting my nails, losing weight but this one seems to be the thing I just can't give up so easily!

How you doing now? Xx

Is it bad that I'm happy I'm not the only one having a pants day? That's not very nice or supportive of me. lol. Naughty us for poor planning! So glad you're a dirty smoker too! The thing I find though is I'm smoking and I want something to eat after my cig and I have nothingggggggggg NOTHHINNGGG! Actually that's a lie. I have a fridge that has gone off chilli con carne. Grim. and the guy who covered here clearly has kids or a sweet tooth because there is a mini bag of salt and vinegar sticks aswell as 4 of the mini bakewell tart single cakes like the mr kipling slices ones and I'm like.. NOPE! BE GONE!

although... I'm pretty sure I have an ainsley harriot lemon and something couscous that fell down the back of the fridge once and I was too lazy to pick it up... hahaha #Desperatetimes.

I just lost an hour getting phone calls about the Rota for next week. One of the guys is doing 60 hours and some random is doing 2 days back to back 12 hr shifts and they are all calling me and I'm just like.." welcome to my world! " none of them have keys or alarms or anything.. no communication, and guess who has to figure it out? muggins here! what a joke haha.. Thursday seems but a dream away!

you feeling any better? xxx

Oh and I just discovered your instagram account, loving it! I need to cook more interesting things....your pizza! And oh my, the pancakes. They looked incredible. Were they just egg based?

Why thank you! It's only recently become a sw account as I posted alot about plus size fashion, beauty and body confidence on it as I'm a blogger but trying to post bits here and there! The pizza was amazing and totally worth the 5.5 syns for the base but I know you can use cauliflower to make it free but I'm italian and the idea of ruining a pizza like that just breaks my heart :p

OMG the pancakes! They are ON THE MONEY! Don't get me wrong, they don't taste like pancakes pancakes but they taste pretty bloomin' good! I usually use 2 eggs and 12 tablespoons of sweetner and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and that gives me like 4 or 5 medium to large ones as I'm a fatty but you could half the recipe for less. I love them with bacon and syn the maple syrup and it's so worth it!!!!!

I can already tell I'm going to be learning lots of new " smart people " words from you BBC, ps, that's your new nickname and you have no choice in the matter :p Like you were saying in your thread, I can't just have 1 sweet so I tell myself it's all about balance, which to a certain degree is very true for slimming world. I can have ANYTHING I want on this plan, I just can't have everything haha. If I want a chocolate bar, I can have one, HELL I can have 3 and use up all my syns but at what point do plan on how to change my mindset? I'm sitting here planning meals and sorting my speed from my healthy extra's and at what point am I training my mind to not want to reward myself with food after a good/bad day? How 1 biscuit is enough ( but is it though? ) So yeah, I have to be strict as I have alot to lose, and it's my way of finding a balance, I can have treats like chinese but they have to be controlled and on my terms and not as a moment of weakness as a cheat :)

I am indeed off to a new job and by golly I couldn't run out of here fast enough! I'm so stressed and overworked not because it's busy but because I'm working stupid 70 hour weeks that I'm actually making myself sick. So I started looking for another job and got a role as customer services up in London, mon - fri 10-6 and I've well and truly landed on my feet with it. I can't wait! Just 3 more days of this vomitus-retardation that is my current job and I'm free! haha Thanks for pointing out the typo It was meant to be total loss but I forgot typed tw for some reason :p

xxxx

HAHA! It was my idea of being clever when I signed up on minimins a couple of years back, I always meant to be BBC and just spelled it out but people started calling me Bee. Which is fine of course but now it's finally been picked up on, whoop :p
The whole thing of food being a reward for a good day or a comforter after a bad one is such a childhood thing...and I think most of us have been conditioned like that from an early age on. A child falls over and bumps his knee, it's lots of cuddles and sweeties. And an achievement is celebrated with a special something. Food is more than fuel, or we wouldn't have so much pleasure in it. And conversely, we wouldn't find a bland or burnt meal disappointing. It would all just be calories and energy. So there's nothing wrong with food playing a certain role emotionally, that's how humans are...oh dear, I'm really sorry you can tell I'm an over analyser in my spare time...:rolleyes:
It's something that definitely worked for me, to be really strict until everything becomes second nature and the idea of a controlled planned treat is really good. I used to be really into fruit ice lollies when I started SW and I had worked it all out that with every food delivery I'd have a box of them and one every night. Worked perfectly. And if I ended up having two or three even when I was feeling particularly greedy, well, there wouldn't be any for the rest of the week then...But one thing I will never be able to get on board with. The single biscuit. There is no such thing. Biscuits are pack animals, they stay together and they get eaten as a group. People who can nibble on a single biscuit for about ten minutes are not entirely normal in my book. So when I had a biscuit phase on SW earlier last year (rich tea biscuits with a cup of tea before bed. yum.) I would literally save all my syns for that. and have like 6 :D.

Afternoon Flower!! XXXXX Big kisses! ..lol.. Luce...you bloody crack me up! :) ...Love ya! If I could beam me up Scottie style I'd bring you a bowl of fruit and feed it a Cleopatra style (That's Queen of Egypt style not 2 sisters from the 90's .. ;))
.......ok.....now whose rambling!..lol...

Try stay strong....only a couple of days left and you are outta there for good! :D :banana_dancer::woohoo:

Here is the recipe I do for KFC btw...had to go looking for it..I know the SW Donner Kebab I do is on page 1 but this bugger was buried...lol...

Oh my days! The KFC Chicken was amazeballs!

The spicy coating was that! Spicy! So if you like a bit of a kick then you have to try this one!

I used the following-:

Pack of Mini Breast chicken fillets
Frylight
1 egg
100g of Smash
1 Oxo Chicken Stock Cube
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Salt
1/4 tsp Mustard Powder
1 tsp Cajun spice
1 tsp Hot Chilli Powder
1 tsp Piri Piri Seasoning

Pre-heat the oven to 180. The chicken will take about 320 minutes to cook so bear this in mind with what ever your having with it :)

1) Prep the mini fillets, removing any fat etc from them
2) Beat the egg well in a bowl
3) Add the Smash and all the spices etc to another bowl and mix well with a fork
4) Add some foil to a baking tray and spray well with Frylight
5) Dip each breast one at a time into the egg, then drop into the smash and spice mix, covering as well as you can all over. Then lay each fillet onto the tray. Repeat until all are done.
6) Now spray the chicken fillets again with Frylight and re-top all fillets again with the remaining mixture. Spray with frylight again.
7) Place the tray in the oven for 10 minutes.
8) Remove after 10 minutes turnover. Spray again and sprinkle mixture over that side too and spray frylight again.
9) Replace tray in the oven and cook for another 10 minutes.

Serve with Homemade Coleslaw, SW Chips, Salad and a side of beans!

YUMMY!!!

Why thank you! It's only recently become a sw account as I posted alot about plus size fashion, beauty and body confidence on it as I'm a blogger but trying to post bits here and there! The pizza was amazing and totally worth the 5.5 syns for the base but I know you can use cauliflower to make it free but I'm italian and the idea of ruining a pizza like that just breaks my heart :p

OMG the pancakes! They are ON THE MONEY! Don't get me wrong, they don't taste like pancakes pancakes but they taste pretty bloomin' good! I usually use 2 eggs and 12 tablespoons of sweetner and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and that gives me like 4 or 5 medium to large ones as I'm a fatty but you could half the recipe for less. I love them with bacon and syn the maple syrup and it's so worth it!!!!!

I'm with you on the pizza! Some things mustn't be messed with. And the pancakes...I will have to try them asap. And two eggs plus bacon and all sound good. Especially after a run I can really put it away when I'm in a good non ED frame of mind. I have shocked men with the amount of food I'd consume and still lose weight. Love it when they say they envy my metabolism...ha. It's slimming world, babe.

So I came online to post my lunch and here I am 20 mins later still reading the banter with ye ladies! And still not posted on my thread. Must get back to studying spreadsheets and excel formulas and all that exciting stuff. But first.

Avoid the synful stuff. You are doing amazing. Do not go behind that fridge and lastly. Don't let the drama stress you! Your time is almost up! You are almost free from their clutches and off on your new adventure.

Let you guys in on my newest low syn treat!!!
Maria biscuits.... 1 syn.... I may or may not have planned to eat 10 tonight with my mug of tea!!

Afternoon Flower!! XXXXX Big kisses! ..lol.. Luce...you bloody crack me up! :) ...Love ya! If I could beam me up Scottie style I'd bring you a bowl of fruit and feed it a Cleopatra style (That's Queen of Egypt style not 2 sisters from the 90's .. ;))
.......ok.....now whose rambling!..lol...

Try stay strong....only a couple of days left and you are outta there for good! :D :banana_dancer::woohoo:

Here is the recipe I do for KFC btw...had to go looking for it..I know the SW Donner Kebab I do is on page 1 but this bugger was buried...lol...

YAYYYYYY HI BEAUTY! *snuggles* WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE? haha I'm glad I could amuse, it certainly took a few minutes out of my life to type it which can only help right? As long as my fingers are busy typing away I wont be tempted to eat them!

lol you finally discover the power of beaming stuff up and you wanna send me a bowl of fruit.. mate.. IS THAT ALL I'M WORTH TO YOU! lol I'm jk. It's my own fault for being to strict and not planning properly. Though that god I'm quiet in the shop because I'm likely to get Hangry ( hungry and angry ) later and hulk out so just leave me here in the corner rocking! lol

I'm not a fan of kebabs but that KFC looks banging love. deffo think I'm gonna try the smash one first. BRING ON THE CHICKENNNNN.

How are you sugar nips? xxxxxx :banana_dancer:

So I came online to post my lunch and here I am 20 mins later still reading the banter with ye ladies! And still not posted on my thread. Must get back to studying spreadsheets and excel formulas and all that exciting stuff. But first.

Avoid the synful stuff. You are doing amazing. Do not go behind that fridge and lastly. Don't let the drama stress you! Your time is almost up! You are almost free from their clutches and off on your new adventure.

Maria biscuits.... 1 syn.... I may or may not have planned to eat 10 tonight with my mug of tea!!

ERM I'M SORRY..... WHAT?

There is a biscuit I can have for 1 syn. MATE I GET 25 SYNS A DAY!!!!! I'll eat em alll! I need to google this shiz

on your marks, get set.. GO!

hahaha first link that came up - 14 reasons you should be buying maria biscuits - http://www.buzzfeed.com/alexalvarez/maria-cookies-rule-everything-around-me#.nxQ24WgR hahhahahahahh

I had a thought, lets buy out Asda! hahaha

Could I trouble you to tell me which ones you get and where from? I'm seeing a few different types and brands :) x

PS - MY BANTER BRINGS ALL THE GIRLS TO MY THEAD, AND THEY'RE LIKE, WHAT DO YOU PUT ON YOUR BREAD?

I am good darling ... 1lb off this week at weigh in so happy with that! :D

I would bring you a skip full of Flumps if I could, but I am trying to remain positive and not add to your cravings hence the fruit...lol..

I am not a fan of chippy Kebab...but the SW one is very nice :p , but yes..the KFC is lovely..( I actually don't like proper KFC..lol...)I believe there is a syn free or very low syn KFC gravy recipe floating around too if you are partial to it :) But I am more than happy with beans and homemade 'slaw :p

Put it down to experience and remember to plan better for tomorrow...though I can hardly comment as I forgot my dinner for work 2 days in a row the other week didn't I...lol.. xxx

I get the ones from Aldi I found them in a basket next to Choc shot! Its a blue box, or at least it was, we have half the box gone, so box is gone to make space in our cupboard

OMG! How good do that Choccy Salami thing look....I neeeeddddd those biscuits in my life @marybobs ..lol..

PS Thanks Luce....I can not stop singing Kelis - Milkshake now! ;)

I don't live near an Aldi.. DAMN! Actually super upset lol they dont have these magical ones you seem to get in asda, tesco or morrisons but they have some on amazon.co.uk but I can't see the details to work out if they are 1 syn a biccie.

SAD LUCIE :(

If I can manage to find some hun I'd gladly post you them down :) x

That's the box. Maybe you'll find them in another supermarket. I just randomly came across them. They didn't have them this week. But I saw them in SuperValu (which ye guys don't have- so that's no good to you) but if you want I can send you over a box or two :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-25-16-03-14.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-25-16-03-14.png
    471.5 KB · Views: 18
I will see if we can find any this week and if I do will let ya know :) x

Back