Lucy's Atkins Diary :)

Morning Lucy, well done :)

There is talk that one of our local pubs is shutting and may be opening as a Chinese Buffet pub, that's too close a temptation for me LOL

Jim, ooh ouch! You'll have to find another route to bypass that one ;)

I'm a bit peeved today, weighed in and have gained 1.2lb since last week :sigh:. I can't believe it was the chinese, I was really careful and definitely didn't come out of ketosis. Will go back to basics for a few days see if that helps.
Having a busy day today, my daughter's 9th birthday and the party has just finished. I sat and had ham salad while they scoffed all the party food - it wasn't actually difficult so that's good :)
Could do with a power nap now tho!

Wow, I am impressed with your willpower! I can just about manage to resist that kind of food when it's not right in front of me, but if everyone else is scoffing it then it's a different story.... Having said that, am defo feeling much more strong willed than I used to.

I think sometimes your weight can just fluctuate up for no apparent reason. Mine was going a bit up and down for a few weeks, but I managed to stay patient and (*fingers crossed*) seems to be moving very slowly in a downwards direction. Keep at it, and hopefully next week the scales will make up for this weeks gain.

I know how you feel, I was really good with my food this weekend and ended up 1.7 Kilos up!!! Proper annyoing when that happens.
Hope it comes off just as quickly for you xx

Morning Lucy, it's probably water retention from the salt in the Chinese love

Thanks guys. I'm not going to weigh for a few days as it really affected my mood for the whole day. I know this WOE suits me so I'm just going to keep going on induction for now.
Hope everyone's having a good day (actually sunny here now!), onwards and downwards! :D

My name is Lucy and I'm a Serial Weigher. Hehe, that didn't last long eh?! Glad I did this morning though -0.8lb down. Still up on last week but at least it's going down rather than up.
A day at home with the little cherubs today, apart from taking the car back to the garage - had the front brakes done last week and since then the steering's been pulling to the left. Not happy but they're having it back in today to sort it out. I want to try out a couple of new recipes today, I need a stock of tasty meals in the freezer. Thinking Jim's Paprikash... mmmmm. And maybe a cheese, bacon and spinach crustless quiche which I'm thinking would be a change for breakfast.
:) x

LOL @ Lucy the scaleaholic :D

Morning love, that paprikash is yummy believe me. :)

mmm... must try the quiche!

Just had a really tough steak :( but made up a yummy salsa to go with it :) - 2 x cherry toms, 25g red pepper, 1 spring onion, bit of parsely (all finely chopped) tsp english mustard, 2 tsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp EVOO, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 tsp splenda, salt and pepper. That made enough for 2, I made it 2.28nc per serving. Stuck it in the fridge for an hour, really good! Would be nice with pork, maybe use mint instead of parsley for lamb.
Other than that bit of excitement it's been a fairly boring day - dreary weather hasn't helped. Oh, the other good bit of news was that I was 0.4lb down again this morning (I know, I know, I wasn't going to weigh...but when it's good news it's good, right?)
:D x

Hi Lucy. Good to hear it's moving the right direction altho of course i will try to persuade you to avoid serial weighing;)

Nice chef work there Lucy - one of the things I love about Atkins is that I have become quite adventurous in the kitchen, when before my biggest choice for a meal was deciding what knife to use to break the seal on the ready meal :D

Hehehe Susie :D

Going to fry a cod fillet in butter tonight with a squeeze of lemon. Probably big ol' pile of spinach with it. I've run out of eggs until Mr Tesco arrives tonight (too late to eat :() so the Oopsie Rolls and crustless quiche will have to wait. Fear not though, I have plenty of pork scratchings for evening munchies :) :) :) Aaaah, bliss :D x

Yep, I have also got into the habit of weighing on a daily basis. Not that it's speeding anything up, unfortunately.

Mmm, that salsa sounds yummy Lucy. It's good to get adventurous in the kitchen!

I live vicariously through my scales! They don't answer back, they're always there when I need them and they don't say 'tut tut' when I've stalled or gained!! Just wish they would lie a bit once in a while! :)

I've just made Flopsie Rolls, I mean Oopsie Rolls - perhaps you can tell how they turned out?! Edible, but I could have left them in a little longer as they've collapsed in the middle :eek:. Nice with a bit of butter, I may make bacon sarnies out of them for breakfast another day (assuming they freeze ok).

Back