lucysmommy Atkins Journey

We lose a lot of Atkineers, I think, because it is hard to give up all those old goodies. We can do it easily for a while - but over time it gets harder. And we sometimes think, this is good, tasty, sensible... boring food! Calorie counting means you can eat anything you like. In measured quantities.

For most of us this probably means the carbs that we crave, that got us fat in the first place.

Personally I think a return to the old ways is perilous but I wish the very best to those who decide to do it. Carbs in quantity make me starving hungry. For more 'naughty' carbs!

Summer is coming and we hit another problem - the craving for fast weight loss. Atkins doesn't deliver that. Not after Induction, anyway.

Atkins is tough, over the longer term. So good luck to everyone! If the new/old approach doesn't work you know where to find your old Atkins buddies x

Hi GG - nice to see you :D Great post and very true.

Hi babe! I've had uni exams and been writing up a storm. Glad to be getting a rest now lol.

Atkins is simple but not easy. I think people are embarrassed to say - I need chocolate. Or bikkies. Or Chinese takeaways...

We feel awful but you know it's only food and the objective of Atkins is to one day be able to eat anything we like, just not every day or at every meal. So long as we count the carbs and don't go over a top limit over, say, a week at a time. That's what I am aiming for, anyway!

Oh hope you have done well in your exams!!

I agree-it seems so tempting at first, but yes there are times when it is hard. But its a diet/lifestyle plan for life.

We lose a lot of Atkineers, I think, because it is hard to give up all those old goodies. We can do it easily for a while - but over time it gets harder. And we sometimes think, this is good, tasty, sensible... boring food! Calorie counting means you can eat anything you like. In measured quantities.

For most of us this probably means the carbs that we crave, that got us fat in the first place.

Personally I think a return to the old ways is perilous but I wish the very best to those who decide to do it. Carbs in quantity make me starving hungry. For more 'naughty' carbs!

Summer is coming and we hit another problem - the craving for fast weight loss. Atkins doesn't deliver that. Not after Induction, anyway.

Atkins is tough, over the longer term. So good luck to everyone! If the new/old approach doesn't work you know where to find your old Atkins buddies x

Very true!!

I'm always amazed at how much I can pack away eating carbs, I could literally eat til I pop I reckon then still feel hungry minutes later!!

I don't have that on Atkins, infact at times its reminding myself to eat that becomes the norm!!

I just hope that by only slightly upping my levels I won't hit the blow out stages!!

The old saying - 'moderation is key' - is so true!

I too could munch my way through an awful lot of carbs and not pause for breath. That's the problem and the main reason I cannot simply choose to go back to calorie counting. Before you can blink I will be bingeing again. That's just how I am, others may be completely different.

Good luck to everyone cos we have to find what works for us.

hiya

not been on here in a while, am restarting atkins tomorrow after a few weeks off, havent gained any weight so still 12st 5lbs so happy with that

glad to be back

xx

hey LM thought you were doing a diff diet? have you decided atkins is the way to go? :D
best of luck xxxx

hey

i had looked at cal counting but got bored after 3 days lol i have no time to sit and count everything that goes in my mouth lol

so this way i know what i am eating, plus i am on placement again 0700-1500 every day and cover about 12000 steps in that shift, so hoping this will boost my losses.

it was deffo the stalling at 12st 5lbs that got me last time, was that weight for 3weeks and i was getting so annoyed cos i knew i was following the plan right

xx

Welcome back LM!

With all that walking you'll soon see the pounds fall off lol x

well day one completed and i have done soooo well

even if i do say so myself

B: ham omelette

L: Turkey and egg salad

D: Pork with cabbage and tomatoes
x

I know what you mean about stalling. I think its something to do with 12st ish too. I know a couple of people who stalled there! wierd.

You will do it this time xxx

thanks vicky

well day 2 and going strong :)

B: Egg and Ham

L: Chicken and cucumber

D: Chicken, egg and cabbage omelette with side of toms

got to love tomatoes - they are high in carbs and i have been counting my carbs every day again and they are helping me get to about 13g a day

x

Hi love, how are you doing?

Back