Lumpy soup? HELP!

karenlisa

Ok ladies and gents and anyone who doesn't fall into either catergory! made my first soup earlier(thai) and i had lot's of lumps of the powder in it. I mixed the water in slowly and mixed well, what am i doing wrong? :jelous:

Hiya, I found this at the start with many of the soups. I actually don't like the thai soup and find it is one of the lumpier ones :eek:

I always add a little water initially and mix well with a teaspoon, i press the soup against the side of the mug to get out any lumps and continue to add a little water at a time, while still stirring at the same time. Try and mix it into a paste consistency before adding more water, i tend to find this works :)

Hi Girls. Thai Chilli: It is supposed to have lumps of pepper and soya so could it be that? Also, I would advise buying a hand belnder ( just a supermarket own brand will do) as this works miracles on both shakes and soups.

If you don't have one or can't use one, then I have a solution. When at work I put the powder in and add 100ml of COLD water and mix with a fork until it is a smoth paste. Then you can start adding the boiling water. Now if you only like to use the recommended amountof water you may need to pop it in the microwave but I like to have about 450ml so it is warm enough for me.

Hope that helps x x

Well done on your week one loss Jen, that is great, well done x x

Becky i do have a blender so will try it that way, i have a smoothie maker also so will try making the shakes in that, hopefully things will get better.

Gotta have a blender!!!

Two words. Hand. Blender.

FTW!

Could not live without mine! £4 from the Tesco. Bargain.

hand blender all the way!!! the only one i find i dont need it for is the chilli con carne!!!!

hand blender - the only way!!!
daisy x

Yes you do KL. Mine splashes about a bit so have to put a towel around it. But it might be best to do it a bit at a time rather than the full amount at once.

I use a hand whisk. Whisk first with a small amount of cold water to get a paste, get the lumps out at this stage. Then add hot water gradually and whisk.

Hi

Nice to see you Spanner.
Despite my Minimins name of Slendablenda I use the jennifer80 method.
It seved me well for over 10 months and meant I could have a soup or a shake wherever I was as long as there was a mug,spoon and water.

I would say hand blender as well although it's good to get the technique right without one in case you find yourself somewhere without a hand blender.

Having said all that, I can not get the lumps out of the chocolate shake. I have tried the hand blender, a whisk and the paste method but still have lumps!

Hand blender - the ONLY way for me £3.50 from Argos when I got mine :)

Vanilla seems to be the easiest to get smooth without a blenda.
Never bothered with the shaker after losing half the lumps the first time.

Nice to see you Spanner.
Despite my Minimins name of Slendablenda I use the jennifer80 method.
It seved me well for over 10 months and meant I could have a soup or a shake wherever I was as long as there was a mug,spoon and water.

I've certainly used the jennifer80 method as well, I do it when I'm out somewhere. I just find the whisk quicker at home and at work plus it makes the soup frothy which I quite like. I've never used anything except the shaker for the shakes and that has always worked fine, mind you I add tons of water and I never use the chocolate (yuk!).

And now problems with the mousse mix :(

Picked up a tub of mousse mix last night told strawberry shake/mousse tasted like Angel Delight. Just made it up as it says on the tub and I have lumps and the strawberry taste seems to have disappeared. Any tips?

Just tried the Tomato soup - urrrggghhh!!

Did any one else find this one really wierd in consistency - grainy and horrible or did I just make it really badly?? I have tried all the other soups (except Thai) and liked them all.

Def will not be selecting this one again!!!!!!!

Back