Lumpy soup? HELP!

Tomato soup was the only one I didn't like - it's a bit of a marmite flavour in the groups!

And yes, grainy no matter how you mix it!

Thanks Sean,
It was totally minging! I really struggled to finish it. I had to take the bowl out just now as it was making me gag looking at it.

It really is a different consistency (pre mix) to the other ones. I thought it looked like cup a soup granuals and would mix really well.... More fool me!!!

I agree, i thought it would be a fav for me, i tried one then returned the rest, really bad after taste and didn't taste like it was mixed, yuk!

I don't like the tomato either, the texture is just wrong. I won't be picking it next week. It is grainy and powdery - yuk!

I have a hand blender £4 from Tesco that helps mix things up. I also have a milk frother (looks like a mini whisk) that is great - I mix all my soups with it. The milk frother I got is battery powered and comes in a travel case, so it's great to carry around if you need it, plus when you mix a soup it doesn't splash as much as a hand whisk.

I use a mini whisk for my soups/porridge - required amount of boiling water in bowl, tip in packet and whisk. No lumps. Porridge gets zapped in microwave for 30secs.

I use a blender ball shaker from Lakeland for my shakes with ice cold water - strawberry yummy.

I use a hand blender for the chocolate shake at night before I go to bed.

Not had any lumps, or probs.

The tomato soup is my favourite, i only ever have that or veg ;)

Just goes to show Jennifer, we're all different!

I blend up my shakes and soups in the LL shaker. I have a stick blender and it works really well as it stops the splashing.

Never tried blending porridge though, i usually mash the lumps with the spoon. I like the oaty texture to it and wonder if the blender would make it too smooth for me? mmm will try tomorrow

Best bit of the porridge in my opinion ... THE SKIN!!!!!

I made my first soup(mushroom) on sunday without a blender and it had huge lumps in and didnt taste very nice at all. Im so glad i found a hand blender, now i quite enjoy the food!

I use a hand blender at home and a battery powered milk frother at work ( bought in Sainsburys for £4.00 ).

Just tried the Tomato soup - urrrggghhh!!

Did any one else find this one really wierd in consistency - grainy and horrible or did I just make it really badly?? I have tried all the other soups (except Thai) and liked them all.

Def will not be selecting this one again!!!!!!!

I disliked the tomato the first time I tried it and didn't have it again for ages but I found that once I had sussed out how to make soups properly it worked well. It is now my favourite so don't give up on it, tastes change over the diet and it's worth trying things again (well except the chocolate shake - still can't stand that).

The tomato will go powdery unless you mix it properly. The best way is to blend it to a paste with cold water first - really mix it up well and make the past quite loose. Then add boiling water and whisk it up. If you do that it doesn't get powdery.

Back