Lumpyroo's Worried

Tootiefrootie

Wants it Gone!
Hey everyone I am on my 7th week of WW and for the first three weeks everything was going well, slow losses each week and I was on top of things.

When I began to study for my exams, I started snacking then giving into my cravings for chocolate and going completely overboard and not going out for any walks or do any sort of exercise.

After two weeks of gaining weight, I have no become disheartened, I know its my own fault but I just feel "whats the point" Ive had a slip up, Im not going to recover from it. It doesnt help either that its TOTM and Im feeling BLUGH anyway... Im struggling to work out points for the foods I am eating. I am tracking them, but Im not pointing them and I suppose why go to all that trouble to track what you are eating and not go the further 2 seconds and point them.

I think Im just in a rutt and I cant get out of it which is making me angry and frustated with myself:mad:. Im even trying to put down goals and get myself motivated again but Ive just run out of steam. Does anyone have any advice on how to get me back on the RIGHT track?

You know the answer yourself - point your foods...and plan your food for the day - then at least you know what you are having.

I used to put my treats on my planner first thing in the morning and work around them - sometimes chocolate is just more important than food!

Have lots of low point snacks in like WW crisps (1pt per bag), french fries or quavers from a multipack (1pt), alpen light bars (1pt), sugar free jelly, (0), pink and whites (mallowy biscuit things 0.5pts each),ww fruities (if you go to meetings 0.5pts per pack)

I am sure other people will have some good suggestions.

Low or no point soup is a good filling alternative - but I am not sure that hunger is your problem, more the sweet stuff and snacking...

Remember why you wanted to lose weight in the first place - drink a low cal soft drink or water or squash when you feel the munchies coming on....

(by the way, if you had read my diary lately you would be saying...so why don't you do that then!!!) ;)

Rosie x

My only advice would be to go back to basics - write everything down BEFORE you eat it and point it - that is fundamental.
Get yourself a Points Calculator - it couldn't be easier
And... stop beating yourself up about it all - you have a lot on your plate - figuratively speaking - at the moment and it must be hard to motivate yourself but you must - you will only feel better for it, and get on here for support, hints and tips.

Sorry for the rant - but hopes it helps...

Tracy

Hey, Do you go to class as that may give you more motivation?
Plan ahead I buy my meals for the week, Today I made 2 pints of SF jelly and low point soup, I could'nt be without them.
I hope you start to feel better soon, It does work when it's done properly. My weight loss is slow also but I'm happy as I can still have what I like within reason.
Good luck xx

Im trying to squash my sweet tooth by eating ww treats, which are helping to a point, but I think Im just eating because Im bored.. I think I need to do some soul searching today and write down why I want to lose weight.

I go to meetings which really do help, I get very positive as the meeting ends but then the next day it is back to square one! argh I just need some big machinery to pull me out of this rutt!

Hi lumpyroo thanks for posting on my page earlier re my poor kitty cat:cry:
Anyhow whenever ive been feeling like you (last 2years i reckon!) no matter who said or did what nuthin helped:( BUT.. one day I jus woke up & thought im sick of feeling FAT & sumthing clicked im now losing weight & nuthin feels better so am sending you my feel good vibes & all the luck in the world xxxx

Hi Lumpyroo

I have been where you are so many times, and all the advice given above is great.

But for me if I'm not in that 100% zone then there's no point in me doing the diet at all ... I pick and don't point .. and then get frustrated that I can't stick to the diet.

So my advice, for what it's worth. Is to write down why you want to lose weight, set yourself an achievable goal and try to get back into the 'click'. Have a look at the inspirational slideshow above ...that should be enough to motivate anyone :)

Sorry - have blabbered on here!!

Good luck, and keep posting!

Twigs
xx

LR - the advice above is great and i hope you get back on track soon. If you are a meeting member maybe trying to go right back to basics, have a good read through your books and try the fast start again. Or maybe a few old ww mags will help? Try making a few new meals to get excited about doing ww's again? And defo writing about why you are doing this.

Just before i joined ww 2 weeks ago I went through my closet and moved all the clothes that i cant get into to one side, and the few clothes I can get into to the other, every morning I now wake up and get dressed remembering why im doing this.

Hey everyone sorry I havent been in contact for the passed few days I suffer from migraines around TOTM and had an attack so only back to some sorts today and Ive gotten so much inspiration from reading everyone's diaries and posts!

Yesterday I had a good look at myself in the mirror and went "I dont like the way I look" so today is a new day. I got some ideas on how to start my goals and put them in my tracker, so when I update my tracker later this evening I will include my goals as well as a reminder for myself!

Anyway food diary for today was:-
B- bran flakes, milk (not skimmed OH went shopping!), small banana, pint of water 4.5pts
L-Ciabatta (toasted) mozzeralla, pesto, mayonaisse ? pts
S- WW bikkies, coffee, java bisuits 4pts
D- Chunky Italian Soup, 1 peice of chocolate, 3 ginger cookies, 1 pint of water 5pts!
S- 2 thornton fruit sweets 1pt

So far its 14.5 pts but I have no idea the points for my lunch...

Your menu today sounds good. I'd point your lunch at around 8-9 points - well similar ciabatta's are about that on the WW site. xx

Hey Sharon thanks a million for the points for my lunch, I had a feeling it would be that high :cry:

Well today Im so tired, I went out last night to a friend's birthday drinks, I decided to drive so all I drank was diet 7up! I boogied all night long but was sensible and was home in my bed at 1am but Im so so tired today. My thoughts today are I think Im being "too nice" with my treats, even if they are WW, so instead of going for the WW biscuits, I shall try going for water or fruit instead.. hopefully that will work!

I find that when I am out in town around lunch time I get hungry and I have no idea where to go and get lunch where I know what the points will be... any suggestions?

Also my friend (who I havent seen in ages) rang me yesterday to invite me to her place for a bbq, which I know will end up being a messy night, the thing is Im not particulary keen in going as Ive so much study to do... HELP!!!

Today my food plan is:-
B- Bran flakes, super milk, small banana
L- Chunky Italian Veg Soup
D- ???
Drink 4 pints of water and eat more fruit!

Anyway I better finish up and go and start my day! Hope everyone is having a good BH

Good to hear you're starting to point things.

Small tip from me, is to avoid things which are *really* high in points.
I don't eat sausages or cheese anymore because the amount of points in them scare me! :eek:

Or if you must have them - go for lower points options, WW sausages or low fat cheese, so you can still have a bit without wasting all your points (leaving you some more for choccie! ;))

Good luck

xx

Thanks Mommyb for the link I saw that a while ago, must have another read of it to get some ideas!

Thanks for the tips Jenny they were really useful!

Well Ive had a busy morning, I went shopping and spent an hour playing dodgems with my shopping trolley! I hate when you keep bumping into the same people who just started shopping at the same time as you did! There was this little old lady who just kept getting in my way!! Arrggghhhh :mad: After a stressfull morning I planted a herb garden (I live in an apartment block and its on my patio) hopefully they will stay and I remember that I have them:D

Im at the moment watching Come Dine With Me, I really should have my books open and reading them for my lectures next week, but Im still shattered from my dancing last night :cry:

My OH has decided to get out of bed at 2:30pm after me busy running around like a headless chicken all morning. He didnt get in till 6am this morning and is lurking around with a hangover looking for sympathy! After me getting the kitchen in order he goes in makes the dinner (Lasagne for tonight, think I will have a little and add a side salad!) and instead of cleaning it, he's slopped down beside me watching tv... MEN!

Sorry for the rant had to get it out there!

Teeth Grinding!!!

Afternoon everyone, well today I was up early and I had all the best intentions to get onto minimins earlier have a look at people's blogs then study for the rest of the day, but for some strange reason my stupid laptop wasnt working, thankfully after restarting it about 10 times (no joke) its appears to be holding up for me....

Anyhoo I had such a bad evening yesterday and after me being so good.. myself and OH got dvds out as tv was boring as hell and I munched my way through a huge packet of m&ms, half a bag of popcorn... why on earth do I keep doing this to myself.. I should just stay strong:copon:

Anyway today is a new day and I will be 100% ww all day! I sorted out my ww folder, with recipe ideas, exercise tips, meal plans, I just have to go and do it now!

Ok food plan for today:-
B- 2scotch pancakes with 2tsp of maple syrup, skinni lattee 3pts
L- Veg Soup 0 pts
D - Honey Brazed Chicken (new low low recipe)

Going to eat 5 portions of fruit today and drink 2 litres of liquid (better to say liquid than water because I wont drink 2 litres of water!)

Here's to a postitive day!

Well done for sorting out the folder with all your ww information in
I am sure that will help you stay on track

how is the study going

and good luck with your 100% day

lets take one meal at a time - or even in my case one snack :):)

hey Lumpy, why do you have things like popcorn and m&ms in the house? Especially big bags? Fair enough, a small bag maybe.. but a large bag? If its necessary for you to have these things in the house, get your OH to hide them somewhere so temptation is out of sight xxx

I know Blackwidow I should have more control. I bought the small bags of popcorn just so if I have a salt craving Id eat a bag of that instead of eating something worse. The BIG bag of m&ms came from the videostore :(

This morning Im way behind scehdule, didnt have a good sleep last night (Stayed up to watch Ghost Whisper.. so scary when you are watching it in the bed with the lights turned off!) So Im just finishing off my breakfast rest for an hour then its work work work work

Todays Food Plan is as follows:-

B- 2slices of ww bread, 2 low low cheese triangles, 60g smoked salmon 4pts
L- Chunky Veg Soup 0pts
D- Honey baked chicken (had the remainder of lasagne last night so this is on today's menu!) and ww dessert 8.5pts
S-banana, apple, orange, 3 plums 3pts

And have some treats to bring me to 21 pts:D

Yeah, Rach does make a good point - I used to scoff cupcakes all day long, so now I don't get them :)

Try things like WW cookies, cupcakes, choc slices - they do a fab range of chocolatey stuff to get rid of the craving without going overboard on points :)

Also, options/highlights hot chocolate - last time I did WW I went through several mugs a day :eek:
But it's chocolatey and only 0.5 points so it was really good for killing choc cravings :)

xx

Hey Jennikay thanks for the tips, any of the treats I have is all ww stuff, but I didnt think of actually buying the chocolate bars.. that might be a good start instead of buying the bad choices.. hmm think I might have to go to the shop to stock sensibly on WW chocolate bars! I love the option drinks, I forgot to buy them this week so Ive run out :cry: again another thing for the list.. I should really write these things down!!!

Back