Lunch Box Ideas, for adults!!

Salads are great for lunch boxes I find and can be very filling / low calorie

One that I have been eating a lot at the moment is a pea, ham and mint salad, its low in calories and really easy to make.

Just need some salad, half a tin of baby potatoes (around 50 cals) small amount of peas, two slices of ham (around 40 cals) some chopped up mint and spring onion with a homemade dressing which consists of light mayonnaise; I find two tablespoons plenty (80 cals) with lemon juice and the mint mixed in. All together its around 180-200 calories plus with the potatoes it feels like a larger lunch, one that fills you up for longer :)

When i'm working (or at uni for that matter) I tend to whip up a large batch of sweet potato curry on Sunday, portion it out with some wholegrain rice into plastic takeaway tubs (my parents are massive hoarders of anything useful) and then just grab one on my way out. I couldn't deal with eating the same thing day in, day out if I were at home, but because i'm stuck in a building all day with the option of expensive food on campus/off-site or inexpensive but not that delicious food on-site/off campus i'm quite happy to eat curry for lunch.

If I don't do that then I make chunky soup, pour it into a flask and perhaps take a tub of crispbread or something similar, and then i'm set.

Deekabout said:
When i'm working (or at uni for that matter) I tend to whip up a large batch of sweet potato curry on Sunday, portion it out with some wholegrain rice into plastic takeaway tubs (my parents are massive hoarders of anything useful) and then just grab one on my way out. I couldn't deal with eating the same thing day in, day out if I were at home, but because i'm stuck in a building all day with the option of expensive food on campus/off-site or inexpensive but not that delicious food on-site/off campus i'm quite happy to eat curry for lunch.

If I don't do that then I make chunky soup, pour it into a flask and perhaps take a tub of crispbread or something similar, and then i'm set.

That sounds lovely! Do you know how many calories the sweet potato curry is? Xx

xj-esx said:
That sounds lovely! Do you know how many calories the sweet potato curry is? Xx

I make one for 150 calories a portion but I don't use a sauce just sweet potato mushrooms onions peppers tinned tomato pasatta curry powder garlic and a bit of salt. I find by putting the curry powder on the veg raw too gives It a stronger taste then just add a bit with the sauce. For a few extra cals I sometimes put a bit of natural yogurt in just before serving for a creamier sauce x

Crackers and peanut butter or fruit and peanut butter - it gives you that rich creamy texture when you can't have choccy etc.
Bran fruit and milk
Shredded chicken breast

All things I'd happily have for lunch every day.

I made Super Speed soup in my slow cooker yesterday and put it into those boxes that snap shut. I have four portions sat in my fridge at the moment, OH and I are both taking it into work tomorrow. Should I freeze the other two, knowing that I'll be eating it on Tuesday even if OH isn't? Or if he doesn't will the fourth portion keep in the fridge until Wed?

I make soup quite a lot and I've discovered there are some that go off quicker than others. I find most if it is ok in the fridge. I have frozen soup but because its fresh with no additives etc sometimes it separates as you defrost it. It looks dodgy but normally ok heated well and stirred

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks, had the last lot today and it's lasted all week. Couldn't afford WI this week but hoping for a good loss next Tuesday

Whatever you take, include a half dozen dried figs. They are tasty, filling, and really healthy.
i usually eat 2-3 at a time, whether as a snack or as art of a meal. If you take 6, you have have figs 2 or 3 times during the day. It's a healthy mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack, not messy and quite satisfying.

Back