Lunch Ideas

Pasta salad with tuna, E/L Mayo, corn and chopped onion, or cous cous salad with what vegetables you like? Or you could make up a quick vegetable soup?
Hope these ideas help.
Irene

Thank you all, decided on a SW quiche in the end made with Tesco light choices cottage cheese with onion and chives and dry fried red onion and mushrooms.

Have you had a look at the 'whats for lunch' thread theres lots of ideas there :)

LUNCHBOX IDEAS NEEDED!?!?!

hey, new to this! looking for easy and nice! ideas for lunch @ work. any suggestions of what you guys have or find best would be appreciated!!
Thank You:D

Have a search there are tons of threads on lunch @ work threads.
What facilities to you have at work to make food??
What plan you following?

I would search in the Main SW forum and the Recipes forum.

Lots for microwave and kettle

'left overs' make extra of evening meals to ensure there is left overs for lunchs ( freeze them too if you dont want the same thing 2 days running)
Chillis
Pasta
Jacket potatoes
eggs - scrambles, omlete, poached

Add water things eg Mug shots, cup a pasta, cous cous

Hiya

I have Uncle Bens savoury rice most days - different flavours eg mexican, mushroom , Thai curry . They are around 2 syns each
Or I have an Ainsley Coucous at around 0.5 syns each.

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ohhhh :)

is that the ainsley harriott packets of cous cous?! if so i thought they were really high in syns?! please tell me i am wrong! that would be my lunch sorted!
xx

vicki_250386 said:
is that the ainsley harriott packets of cous cous?! if so i thought they were really high in syns?! please tell me i am wrong! that would be my lunch sorted!
xx

Yes Hun, on a green day or EE day they are about 0.5 syns a packet provided no oil is added, only water:

Citrus kick is 1 syn
Moroccan Medley is 0.5 syns
Roasted Vegetable is 0.5 syns
Spice Sensation is 0.5 syns
Tomato Tango is 0.5 syns
Wickedly wild mushroom is 1.0 syn

All for 100g cooked

Kx

wow thankyou

ahhh brilliant so u can have a whole packet without feeling bad about it! do u add anything into it to add flavour as ive heard they r a bit bland?>! kwise just reading ur food diary! loads of great ideas! and thanks for the advise *honey
xx

vicki_250386 said:
ahhh brilliant so u can have a whole packet without feeling bad about it! do u add anything into it to add flavour as ive heard they r a bit bland?>! kwise just reading ur food diary! loads of great ideas! and thanks for the advise *honey
xx

Bless you Vickie
I like them as they are which is easy for work. Saying that if I have the Tesco Mediteranean one ( again 0.5 syns) I add (once cooked) cucumber, cherry toms, spring onion, fresh lemon juice (and I may syn some black olives 28g = 2 syns)
Delicious!!

Kx

just made the roasted vegetable one for work tomorrow, will see how it tastes and perhaps add some extra flavouring, or veg. Thankyou for your help! xx

vicki_250386 said:
just made the roasted vegetable one for work tomorrow, will see how it tastes and perhaps add some extra flavouring, or veg. Thankyou for your help! xx

How was it?? I always have mine hot Ay work lol

Kx

it was actually quite good. i had it cold and it was nice, plenty of flavour which is what i was worried about! having another flavour tomorrow! - we had loads of pakets in the cupboard! bonus!
thankyou!

vicki_250386 said:

How was it?? I always have mine hot Ay work lol

Kx

Im struggling with lunch

Guys,
It's my 2nd week on the plan so still very new to this, I'm struggling with lunch ideas! I work long hours and finding im eating the same old things and it's becoming very repeative! Before I would have grabbed a sandwich for lunch on the go but there doesn't seem to be anything quick to grab on the go!
Has anyone else encountered this and if so how have u overcome it??

Back