Lunch Ideas

Packed lunch ideas please

Hi, can you give me some ideas for packed lunches? I am going back to work after having my daughter and I am worried i'm going to fail myself on this plan because of lunch at work.
I am not too sure what kind of things to prepare for myself that will be healthy and filling and I am also worried it will get samey and boring.
I am open to any ideas (red or green days as I usually have extra easy days anyway).
Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance :D

I highly recommend buying a hot food flask, that way you can take all kinds of things to work with you, like pasta, rice, stew, casserole, soup, chilli etc.

Most hot food flasks will keep your food warm for about 5 hours.

Something like this Stanley Classic 0.5 Litre Vacuum Food Jar (Green) 10-00811-002: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

although there are many varieties out there.

Then there are of course all kinds of cold foods you can take, such as salads, sw quiche etc

If you have a microwave available, then you can take potatoes with you to make a jacket spud, then bring a little tupperware of salad.

The possibilities are endless really.

Quorn sausages are great snack food, lovely cold. I love to take free veg soup, that way I've got loads of syns left for my naughty treats when I get home.

Perhaps use a healthy extra for some bread and do a ham and egg salad sandwich? Or a fruit salad with a yoghurt?

When I'm in a super rush I use the bachelors pasta 'n' sauce sachets, some of the flavours are free or very low syn on green. I usually put a load of peas or leftover veg with them and warm it all up in the microwave for lunch.

Good luck starting work! Fingers crossed you can stick to the diet, it's always a bit stressful going back after a long break.

Thank you for the replies, didn't even think of getting a thermos to take things like that to work, great idea for the cold months :D
I am a care and social worker visiting people in their homes, so unfortunately lunch in the car so no access to a microwave :( that's what has made it hard for me lol.
More ideas welcome tho :) the more ideas the better to keep things interesting for me (and hopefully other people who read this).

Oh and I am also one of the unlucky ones who can't have bread as it stops me losing weight, found this out a year ago when my consultant went through my food diary with me to find out why I couldn't shift the lbs!

Quick and easy snacks / Lunch ideas

Hi.

I have recently started a new job and am struggling with what things i can take to work that are quick and easy that will keep me on the right track.

I have been struggling for the past couple of weeks so want to keep syns down so i can get a good lose next week.

Will be grateful for any ideas you can give.

Many thanks

Sian

we need more info..
do you have access to a microwave? toaster? kettle? fridge even?

I take beans or spaghetti or couscous to work.. ..
you could do scrambled eggs for breakfast..

yeah, so eggs at your "breakfast" break time.. the protein keeps you going for a good few hours..
a few pieces of fruit for snacks / 1/3 superfree with your lunch ( beans are a speed food.. ), but not too many since fruit has sugars in it and too much will affect your losses..

How about a jacket potato(pre cook before you go in and warm it up) beans and the cheesy ttriangels as a heathy extra and a pot of salad :D(Also thats on green btw). Thats what i had for my lunch yesterday and thats what i'm having for my dinner tonight nom nom nom

I have jacket spud as already mentioned and take some chicken and salad to go with it. I make sure I have melon, apple, pineapple, grapes, bananas too. You could take hifi bars, mugshots. You could also make soup to take?

home made meatballs syn free with the syn free barbecue sauce nice hot or cold left overs from the night befor
my 3 year olds fav jacket pot and tuna
soup,currie,fried rice, spag bol,chillie oh i could go on and on lmao:)

I often have whatever I had for my evening meal into work and heat it up. Or pasta tuna salad. Yum yum. The most important thing is planning it. I have to know the night before what I'm eating for lunch otherwise it doesn't happen.

Gail x

bag of frozen fruit cocktail from tesco ( £1/bag ), it's de-frosted by lunch ( or not quite if you stick it in the fridge ) and is lush..

What about making a huge pan of speed soup, throw it in the freezer then just take a bag with u for lunch ... its quite nice, i made some earlier this week and have been having it for my lunch this week x

One of my all time favourites is free Chick Pea Dahl (Asda or Morrisons) with some plain cous cous. For my 1/3 superfree I have a 'salad' of either beetroot, tomato & cucumber or mixed fruit with free yoghurt (doubles as a pud).

when I make some, I sub the Dahl & cous cous with SW quiche (made in small muffin cases for ease of lunch box packing).

hi, i take lots of little bits too. like the quorn snack eggs, theyre tasty and about 2 sins( someone posted they are 1 and someone else said 2- so i go for 2 sins to cover it.) if you have time one evening, get the ww sausages which are 0.5 sin each and remove from skin, mix in some mixed herbs and wrap around a boiled egg. cook in the oven and you have a scotch egg for lunch. if you have a microwave - jacket potatoes are fab with so many ideas for toppings. the new kerry low low spread is very yummy

Back