Lunch Ideas

mug shots
sandwich
bean/spaghetti/scrambled egg/mushrooms/bacon/ham on toast
at the weekend make a ton of soup freeze in to individual portions and then grab one out in the morning and heat up
last nights leftovers
jacket potato bean/spaghetti/tuna/salad/prawns/ cheese/ tin ratatouille
asda tin ratatouille couscous
couscous
Big mac in a bowel (make the meat the night before make salad side up sperate then heat up meat at work)
make a pasta bake and take that in for work
pasta/rice packets
pasta salad
rice salad
microwave omelet and beans
Breakfast for lunch? lunch for breakfast? have porridge for lunch
ryvita stack (ryvitas stack with as much free food as you can find)
Supper low fat noodles
fruit salad
Baked tortilla salad baskets
baked vegetable frittata (hot or cold! i like it with beans)
potato salad
parsnip and leek cakes
noodles (stir fry?)
uncle bens rice packets

hope this helps if i can thing of any more will let you no !!

Make some filo samosas, pasties with a pitta bread covering, falafals. All SW friendly,recipes on several sites!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

i like the sound of the scotch eggs, if anyone can share the recipe. xx

Hi i am thinking of having rice for my dinner, does anyone know what amount is correct for two people dont want to over do the rice? please someone help me, many thanks!

Also if anyone interested yesterday for lunch i made a potatoe and pea soup which was yummy the recipe is as follows
425g of potatoes
1 cup of peas frozen
1 1/2 pints of boiling water
2 vegetable knorr cubes
a shake of dried onion (didn't have any onion, but would usually use fresh)
a shake of oregano
salt and pepper

Chop up the potatoes into cubes and finely chop onion if using fresh
Place all the ingredients in a pot or soup maker, bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins.
when cooked blend or leave chunky, usually like chunky but this was fab blended.
enjoy

For whoever was asking for the scotch eggs recipe, the one I use is:

Defrost Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary sausages (be very careful of defrosting in the microwave as if they start to cook, it won't work)

Wrap 1.5 sausage around each cold, hard boiled egg

Spray with fry light and bake for 25 mins at 160

that scotch egg recipe sounds delicious, i am definitely going to have to try it xx

Sunday Lunch!

Colcannon Dinner.JPG

Colcannon, roast chicken with a bacon coat, red cabbage, roast potato,carrots, leeks, parsnips & gravy!

food.jpg

My lunch today, Roasted Tomato and Garlic on Rocket, Pasta and Cannelini Beans and a boiled egg :) Followed by mixed fruit

struggling with lunches

Hi

Can anyone help me please.

I work shifts and do most of my eating in work, at tea time im ok as i freeze food the day before but im really struggling with lunch as i don't like anything too big and i am limited to what i can make in work. Has anyone any quick and easy ideas that will fill me?

:confused:

Hi

Can anyone help me please.

I work shifts and do most of my eating in work, at tea time im ok as i freeze food the day before but im really struggling with lunch as i don't like anything too big and i am limited to what i can make in work. Has anyone any quick and easy ideas that will fill me?

:confused:

Hi I also work shifts so generally take 2 meals with me. I have the.slimming world quiche with salad. Or any salad. Jacket potatoes with filling or recently scrambled egg with chopped onions ham and herbs. I do my chopping at home.x hope that helps

Last edited:
I second SW quiche! My other go-to lunch is couscous salad. You can make a big batch of couscous that will keep a couple of days in the fridge, then add beans, chopped tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions, anything you like.

I take homemade soup in a food flask, it keeps it warm for me and I can eat it straight from the flask so it's ready whenever I get a chance to eat it x

Would it help if you switched your meals around? Eg have a cooked breakfast and take porridge/cereal in to work for lunch?

I regularly take porridge - I use a lock 'n lock type box (actually a 600ml Store & Serve one from Lakeland) and put my oats and liquid in the night before, place in fridge ready for the morning. 2 mins in the microwave at work and it's done. (I take fruit, usually frozen, in a separate container also prepared the night before)

One thing i have started doing is rather than buying sandwiches to take into work which use use Healthy Extras and are veyr high in syns, is take in some of the mini sushi packs, you can get them from the grab & go section in stores like Tesco, M&S, etc. They fill me up better than sandwiches, many of them come out at about 1-2 syns for the entire box and they're actually cheaper than any other lunch options, at about £1 a pack.

Back