Lunch Ideas

Hi I also work shifts so generally take 2 meals with me. I have the.slimming world quiche with salad. Or any salad. Jacket potatoes with filling or recently scrambled egg with chopped onions ham and herbs. I do my chopping at home.x hope that helps

I love slimming world quiche! I have to take lunch to college and I have no way of heating anything up, I don't like using my healthy extra on a sandwich so I take the slimming world quiche, pasta, salad (I have a current obsession with red peppers) or sometimes I take cooked meats with things like cottage cheese or wedges that I eat cold.

This Sundays dinner: Beef Stroganof, roast veg, carrots, parsnips, turnip,leeks, broccoli & potato
Beef Stroganof & roast veg (Small).JPG

Hi, im joining slimming world tonight, I've done it before and lost 2st but I've just had a baby and im bigger than ever so re-joining. Just wondered if anyone could give me ideas for lunches because i struggle with that meal, when im not dieting i usually have a sandwich, bag of crisps and yogurt. I love to have my healthy b for breakfast. Thanks.xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

If you look in the sw recipes there is a whole thread dedicated to lunch. Good luck on your journey

Need to bring healthy packed lunch. Advice please??.

Hi, I am just wondering if weightwatchers tuna mayo has to be synned?. I have some in my cupboard and I want to put it in my wholemeal (Heb) bread to bring with me tommorrow as I have a hairdresser appt and then need to go to town to do shopping so I wanted to eat my lunch in the car. I was planning a tuna sandwich with ww tuna mayo, mullerlight (vanilla with black cherry underlayer which i think is 2 syns), mini twix (99cals, 5 syns). How does this sound?. Any advice greatly appreciated.x

Hi Binge Eater
im afraid I can't help with the syns in ww tuna mayo, have you tried googling it? Might have been covered in a post in the past.
The only suggestion I have for your lunchbox is there's no superfree?
I find it handy to put everything in my lunchbox then look at the proportions to make sure a third is SF.
Hope this helps
Rosie x

Ideas for packed lunches anyone??

Hi all,

Hope you are all doing well this evening...I'm looking for ideas from you lovely people for packed lunches that are not all the same/similiar!

No access to microwave or fridge, just cool bag and a lunch box, need to think of as many ideas as i can to keep my husband happy as he works long hours out on the road and needs a nice filling lunch, i tend to end up doing the same sort of things then he moans that i have no imagination!!

Been doing SW EE for 10 days, so far i have done him salads with chicken, salads with meat, tuna pasta salads, chicken pasta salads, cous cous and bean salad with chicken legs, boiled egg salads, rice, wholemeal sandwich/roll then for snacks lots of different fruit, extra light laughing cow triangle, light babybells, snack a jack, then alpen light or special k bar as a treat but I'm running out of ideas...CAN YOU HELP!!!?xx

Sounds like he has had some yummy lunches already!
What about buying a food flask so he can take warm food too? My husband works on the road too and he often takes leftovers in his food flask and sometimes soup. You could also try slimming world quiche or the slimming world breakfast loaf?

Hi Binge Eater
im afraid I can't help with the syns in ww tuna mayo, have you tried googling it? Might have been covered in a post in the past.
The only suggestion I have for your lunchbox is there's no superfree?
I find it handy to put everything in my lunchbox then look at the proportions to make sure a third is SF.
Hope this helps
Rosie x

Thank you Rosie!. Ill just pop in a banana as I hate salad for my superfree. Thanks for your reply.x

I doubt the tuna mayo will be free. No Mayo is free but extra light is .5 syn per tablespoon

Ww tuna mayo with sweet corn or with lemon style mayo are both 2syns per tin so fairly low :)

Food flask is a great plan. Me and my Husband do loads of soups and have them the next day. Another favourite of my fussy husband is SW pulled pork ( Google it, it's on the SW website) you can have it hot or cold in with salad, or in buns using HE. I also make low syn coleslaw using 1tble spoon extra light mayo and with with ff yoghurt, and garlic salt for the dressing. Can make loads of it and tastes great with the port and some rocket. The pulled pork takes a white to. Cook but us dead easy and could go in slow cooker if you have one. Good luck

xx

Thank mhajs and Rach some great ideas there that I hadn't thought of, he'll be pleased!!! x

Hi all,

Hope you are all doing well this evening...I'm looking for ideas from you lovely people for packed lunches that are not all the same/similiar!

No access to microwave or fridge, just cool bag and a lunch box, need to think of as many ideas as i can to keep my husband happy as he works long hours out on the road and needs a nice filling lunch, i tend to end up doing the same sort of things then he moans that i have no imagination!!

Been doing SW EE for 10 days, so far i have done him salads with chicken, salads with meat, tuna pasta salads, chicken pasta salads, cous cous and bean salad with chicken legs, boiled egg salads, rice, wholemeal sandwich/roll then for snacks lots of different fruit, extra light laughing cow triangle, light babybells, snack a jack, then alpen light or special k bar as a treat but I'm running out of ideas...CAN YOU HELP!!!?xx

Have no imagination?! How can he say that?! Brilliant variety! You've given me some ideas for next weeks lunches now. Thanks! :)

Kathy x

Some really good ideas here! Great for a new girl like me :)

Back