Lunch Ideas

(Packed) Lunch ideas?

Hi all,

I'm new to SW and just after picking your brains ...

I have had a read through of the EE book and am a bit worried about what I can have for my lunch. I work in an office but there's no microwave or cooking facilities, so it's going to have to be things that I can take in from home and eat cold, or, be able to add hot water to!

Just wondering if anyone has any nice ideas for packed lunch type ideas?

There is a canteen so I could have the odd jacket potato, or pasta when it is on, but don't want to have to rely on this.

Many thanks. :)

Lunch I pack up loads then my locker is stocked for the week

Staples keep in locker/desk
Mugshot
Wheetabix & uht milk
Deli pot/ mugshot version
Hexb bars

Take in fresh

Tuppaware full of grapes/pineapple/strawberries

Babybel /measured cheese

Spread of choice & ryvita - could take a little salad/meat/quorn/crabsticks/cottage cheese to go with

Pasta leftovers

I adore cold jacket potatoes. .Lush with a few toppings

Cous cous & extra Superfree in a Tuppaware(night before fry off onions/green beans/ tomatoes/sweetcorn and pop I. Tuppaware) -- just add hot water

Hex b rolls & filling of your choice

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks guys, at the minute it would be sandwich, and then a variety of crisps, fruit, cereral bars, the odd bit of chocolate etc. Nothing too exciting, but understand that's not particularly healthy.

Lunch I pack up loads then my locker is stocked for the week

Staples keep in locker/desk
Mugshot
Wheetabix & uht milk
Deli pot/ mugshot version
Hexb bars

Take in fresh

Tuppaware full of grapes/pineapple/strawberries

Babybel /measured cheese

Spread of choice & ryvita - could take a little salad/meat/quorn/crabsticks/cottage cheese to go with

Pasta leftovers

I adore cold jacket potatoes. .Lush with a few toppings

Cous cous & extra Superfree in a Tuppaware(night before fry off onions/green beans/ tomatoes/sweetcorn and pop I. Tuppaware) -- just add hot water

Hex b rolls & filling of your choice

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Great yummy ideas! Keep them coming, thank you :))))

Jury Service.

Hi all, Im doing Jury service (for the first time) next week, and i want to take a pakced lunch with me, Im struggling with what I can take so any suggestions? and has anyone ever done J serviice before? Help!!!

Never done it - and dont think I'd like to have to

Anyway - how about savoury rice (the free dried ones). I just dice up lots of salad to put with it for my superfree. Or a homemade pasta salad (thinking of ways to save your B choice!)

I find the speedy SW quiche and curry loaf great for pack ups :)

Quick, cheap and cheerful lunch ideas?

Me and a friend from week have just started SW, me for the second time and her for the first time. My biggest problem before and hers now is lunches. Finding something other than leftovers to take that's cheap, quick and easy to do as well as having 1/3 superfree seems to be difficult. It would be easier if either of us liked salads but we don't, a salad with something is OK but not as a whole meal.

Any suggestions?

Me and a friend from week have just started SW, me for the second time and her for the first time. My biggest problem before and hers now is lunches. Finding something other than leftovers to take that's cheap, quick and easy to do as well as having 1/3 superfree seems to be difficult. It would be easier if either of us liked salads but we don't, a salad with something is OK but not as a whole meal.

Any suggestions?

How about soups, sandwhich, ryvita/scan bran, pasta/rice salad?

I love doing some cous cous in chicken stock then adding diced tomato, cucumber, radish, onions and a tin of salmon. Cous cous is really quick to do.

I usually have soup (great way to get your superfree in!) or ryvita with laughing cow / babybel / low low (basically some kind of cheese) and then cucumber and carrot sticks on the side.

I would highly recommend the SW Little Book of Lunches. I was stuck for lunch ideas too but there's loads of tasty things in there. There's also ideas for jacket potato topping and sandwichy things.

Today I had a very quick and easy tuna pasta salad with sweetcorn, cucumber and grated carrot with a dollop of fat free yogurt. Or I love roasting peppers, red onion, garlic, carrot and courgette then mixing with cous cous, sweetcorn and chick peas. Both are great to take in a lunch box, I have.

I would highly recommend the SW Little Book of Lunches. I was stuck for lunch ideas too but there's loads of tasty things in there. There's also ideas for jacket potato topping and sandwichy things.

Today I had a very quick and easy tuna pasta salad with sweetcorn, cucumber and grated carrot with a dollop of fat free yogurt. Or I love roasting peppers, red onion, garlic, carrot and courgette then mixing with cous cous, sweetcorn and chick peas. Both are great to take in a lunch box, I have.

I got this book in group this week And am looking forward to trying some of the recipes out

Lunch!

Hi there,
I have started sw from home after gaining 3 stone since I left in 2012! :(
I need lunch recipes that are microwave friendly and fast! My day consists of getting up at half 5, commuting to work and I don't get home til 8 every evening so all I want to do then is sleep! I usually have fruit and a mugshot for lunch but I'm starving by the time work is over and then when I do get home I'm too tired to make anything!
I know I'm on a bit of a rant lol any suggestions would be greatly welcomed!! ?

Scrambled eggs? With beans and salad, or smoked salmon and salad?

If do you cook in the evening at all, try making extra to take in for lunch and zap it in the microwave.

Supernoodles as a change to mugshots. I usually buy some cooked chicken pieces and add that in with the noodles and finish off with some fruit to get my superfree.

I think it's always difficult to make lunch at work interesting and new but thankfully I've just moved into a new office where we have an oven and hob in the kitchen so I consider myself blessed now!!

Oh I never thought of adding chicken into the noodles that would be more filling! Thanks for the ideas will definitely try them out! ?

I am up at 6am, leave at 7.15am ish and get in at 6 so I completely understand!

i didn't really get on with mugshots either and now have batchelors cup a pasta. I love the tom & herb one or roast chicken which are free and there is a cheesy one too for 1.5syns. You just put into a mug and add boiling water, stir and leave for 4 mins. Dead easy and the pasta is filling too. I also spend 5 syns on a sandwich thin by warburtons which are 5 syns but add a tiny scrape of low fat spread and pack with ham (and salad if you fancy) and I was full from 12pm to 5.30pm today. I didn't use to have the sandwich thin but I was getting hungry every day and my Mum said I should spend syns wisely on a sand thin instead of crisps!

i also have porridge in the morning with fruit and a cup of Twinings gingerbread green tea which helps me too at 6.45am, also if you do fancy a low syn munch Aldi do their version of French fries that are called crispy fries and they are 3.5 syns a pack. They help me out when munches hit!

I would invest in a good food flask and take homemade or low syn shop bought soup. Do you have a fridge at work, if not I would take something like ryvita and Philadelphia and salad or carrot/pepper sticks or something similar. You could put these in a Tupperware and put it in a bag with an ice block in it to keep it cool until lunch. You could also take cold savoury rice (free) with cooked meats or try sw quiche with veg in it. A lot of this can be prepared at night quickly to take the next day. I would also consider cooking in bulk at the weekend, stew, chilli, spag bol etc and freezing so you can take out in the morning and reheat at night for meals when you are tired.

Back