Lunch time ideas?

Andy R.

Time for a change
hi, just thought i'd pick your brains, ive been having a pretty dull week food wise, been eating mainly mug shots and super noodles while i get settled after moving into a new flat.
At work today, ive got a jacket potato and beens for lunch. not really excited at the prospect of eating it. There is a morrisons close by. So if anyone knows of a good ready meal or something i could pick up from there, that would be great. im willing to try anything right now lol by the im on green today lol
thanks
andy:wave_cry:

I make my own vegetable soup. Veggie stock cubes, loads of veg, butternut squash, carrots, swede, onion, parsnip, potato, sometimes add a chilli. Just boil for until soft and then divide into portions, freeze what i dont need and thats it. I use two stock cubes for the week, syns at 3 syns for the lot. sometimes add split red lentils to add bulk. Together with a muller lite and fruit, a nice healthy filling lunch. (i put the soup in a flask, does stay warm, or i microwave it at work).

sounds nice, but i was more thinking about something quick i can pick up today, i cant really prepare any food at work, and i've only got a microwave at work. i'll give the soup a try once i've sorted my kitchen out at home

Morrisons self serve salad bar is excellent for green day lunches. They have heaps of fresh salad, hard boiled eggs and pasta, cous cous, noodle and potato salads. Just be careful of the dressings- go for the lower fat options

xxxx

thanks for the ideas, but i ended up just having a mug shot, dont feel like eating much at the moment (been a tough week i guess) but i'm def gonna try the morrisons salad, sounds like a great feast lol. not tried xtra easy yet, may do at some point.

What about some cous cous? You can get it in packets, and heat it up if you've got a kettle and a bowl. It's yummy and a bit different if you're bored. You can get flavoured packets too for lots of different flavours - morrocan, or lemon. It always feels a bit exotic to me, when I'm bored of pasta!

never thought of that one, they sound perfect for when im feeling lazy lol, think i'll get some pack, can u recommend any to try? i dont mind traveling to other supermarkets

Normal cous cous is free on green, so you could take along some veg to mix with it, or some lemon juice.

The Ainsley Harriot flavoured ones are really yummy, and most of them are 1/2 syn per 100g cooked.
I'm pretty sure all the supermarkets will do their own versions. Asda definetely do - I really like their lemon and coriander one. 1/2 syn per 100g cooked again. Morrisons ones are the same again.
I haven't tried Sainsbury's ones but they seem to be a little bit higher syns so be careful and check before you eat them! 1 or 1 1/2 or even 2 for the same weight. Still quite low though, as it goes :D
Can you log in to the slimming world website to check the syns?

Generally you put as much as you want in a bowl, pour some boiling water over, cover and leave for 5 mins, then eat! Very easy.

yeah i'll have a look online, sometimes its hard to know were to start when looking for new foods, something about cant see the forrest for the trees lol

extra easy plan today. Have stir fried a few noodles, veg and prawns. Coated it in soy sauce, and it was lovely. I'm absolutely full, though!

Back