Lurk no more, fat no more

6.5lbs off!!!! I'm in total shock!!

Went to wagamama's after weigh in to meet OH and his mum, I did so well - avoided my usual, and had a super healthy one instead, with miso soup and edamame beans. I asked for no nuts and to use as little oil as possible. I had a side plate of chillis instead of dousing it in chilli oil (I love spicy food) AND I didn't drink anything except for water and green tea. I thought i might have gone mad seeing as I had such a big loss but its actually made me really determined to keep going at it and trying my best. I was going to have a big cooked breakfast tomorrow but there is really no need, I'm gonna have some fruit for breakfast and a stir fry for lunch. I think a jacket spud, salad and beans for dinner will see me through :) I think my loss this week was due in part to water weight from holidays, but also from my food - been eating lots of asian food and stir fries/thai curry etc and I used to lose loads of weight when I used to live there eating SE Asian food so I'm gonna keep eating it. Plus it doesn't really cost much and i'm watching the pennies at the min ;)

I am more determined than ever now - Lots of people in group are approaching/are at target which is amazing! So inspiring to look around and see how people have got on !

i know! I'm not sure how I did it to be honest. i guess it might be the fact that I had about a month off plan (although I was being cautious at times) and its 'shocked' my body back into SW mode. I have hardly done any exercise the last week either as I've been at work so I was surprised it was so high. I am hoping for 2-3lbs off next week to get my well into the 13's...I will be doing lots of exercise too as well as eating the same sort of stuff as i have been the last week :)

Subscribing to your diary. Fascinating reading - it sounds like you are incredibly focused and so deserve that fabulous weight loss. Very inspirational. Go girl! :)

I usually start with balance games, move on to aerobic activities and then do a session of yoga exercises. I plan to branch out though, I've bought the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD and Wii Exerbeat through recommendations on here. Should be good if I ever unwrap them lol.
(Also bought a rowing machine in a moment of madness last night!):eek:

Btw 12 stone is only an interim target.My eventual one is too distant to focus on as yet.:eek:

I will be very happy when I hit 12 too - I'm not sure how much further down I will go after that, will have to keep going and see how my body changes. I want to find a nice ideal shape but not sure when that will be so will have to play it by ear :)

Good day today - very healthy foods!! Lots if veg fruit and salad, has been an success express day :) am gonna have one every other day. I deffo want 3lbs off next week so I can relax a little :)

Didn't take you long to get back into the swing of it did it?

You know you said you eat a lot of SE Asian foods? What is that? Can you point me at any recipe sites? Thanks

Well done Mandlegrot (great name btw - sounds a bit Tolkienesque)

I wish I could be as focused as you, I just can't seem to get my arse in gear at all!

Erm well SE Asian food (south east) is what I call Thai, Malay, Indonesian, Singapore food. Plus I eat lots of Indian, Sri Lankan, Bangladeshi and Chinese food. Can you tell that I dislike western food yet? ;)

As for recipe sites, I'll keep an eye out - but I used to live out in Malaysia so a lot of it I've just picked up over the years of watching people cook. I'm gonna post up some recipes over the next few weeks as a few people seem pretty interested - will keep ya posted. Heres a quick and simple indian dhal which is better than the crap you get in the takeaway ;)

Red lentils (about 400g dry - make sure you don't have the ones that need soaking!)
Boiling water (put in 800ml then as it thickens up add as much or little as you want to the desired consistency - I like it super thick - so 1L usually does me.
Remove scum from surface as it rises.
Cook these until cooked through, then leave the pan with the lid on and heat off.

In a seperate heavy based frying pan, fry off some garlic, (i use quite a lot maybe 4-8 cloves) some white onions. when soft, add about 4 tablespoons of Paanch Phoran (see below) and some dried red chilli flakes/whole chillis - I add loads but it tastes fine without any! and fry until the smell fumigates your kitchen.
If I'm naugty I've fried it in ghee or oil but frylight works as well. once the masala is ready then throw it in to the lentils, stir quickly, season with salt and pepper and keep lid on until serving. this makes LOADS and costs nowt, freezes really well and I eat it like soup :)

How to make Paanch Phoran - aka Bengali 5 spice - equal measures each of Cumin seed, Fennel seed, Nigella seed (onion seeds - small black ones), Fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds. Is gorge, and can be used in loads of dishes - is lovely with fried cubes of butternut squash and tomato.

Well done Mandlegrot (great name btw - sounds a bit Tolkienesque)

I wish I could be as focused as you, I just can't seem to get my arse in gear at all!

Ooooh I love Tolkien! It comes from Benoit Mandlebrot, the daddy of fractal geometry who is a hero of mine. I couldn't bring myself to use his name proper though ;)

what are you struggling with? I find it hard to get back on it sometimes, but this loss has kicked me right up the bum! You did pretty well so far, lost far more than me!!! Another 4 lbs and your BMI will be below 30 AND you'll have your 3 stone award - how about we have a challenge together? x

Thanks for the Bengali spice mix. That took me back, I used to live in an area withe lots of Sylheti people and inspired by them my cooking was very different, I used to love grinding spice mixes myself. I've not used onion seeds for ages. I'm puzzled though, to me, Nigella is a little blue flower with frilly petals. Is it an allium then? ah, don't worry, I can google myself. to my shame, my dahls of late are lentils with onions boiled in with them cos I'm too lazy to do them separately first, with some garlic paste and ready made curry powder thrown in. I'll see if our corner shop has onion seeds, I've got everything else in stock already.

Ooooh I love Tolkien! It comes from Benoit Mandlebrot, the daddy of fractal geometry who is a hero of mine. I couldn't bring myself to use his name proper though ;)

what are you struggling with? I find it hard to get back on it sometimes, but this loss has kicked me right up the bum! You did pretty well so far, lost far more than me!!! Another 4 lbs and your BMI will be below 30 AND you'll have your 3 stone award - how about we have a challenge together? x

Lol I'm familiar with Mandlebrot and did wonder...

Thanks for your encouraging comments and YES definitely to a challenge. What do you reckon?

Thanks for the Bengali spice mix. That took me back, I used to live in an area withe lots of Sylheti people and inspired by them my cooking was very different, I used to love grinding spice mixes myself. I've not used onion seeds for ages. I'm puzzled though, to me, Nigella is a little blue flower with frilly petals. Is it an allium then? ah, don't worry, I can google myself. to my shame, my dahls of late are lentils with onions boiled in with them cos I'm too lazy to do them separately first, with some garlic paste and ready made curry powder thrown in. I'll see if our corner shop has onion seeds, I've got everything else in stock already.

Yup Nigellas are part of the alliums, my fave plant group as they are both beautiful and yummy! I sometimes boil the onions in too, but you really need to fry the spices to get the real flavour and scent. it only takes 2 mins so is worth it :) I'll post up my MegaDahl recipe tomorrow, is super chunky and lush with spuds, spinach, lentils and all sorts of goodness in to fill you up :)

Lol I'm familiar with Mandlebrot and did wonder...

Thanks for your encouraging comments and YES definitely to a challenge. What do you reckon?

Whatever you feel like you need to challenge yourself to do to get back on track, I will match it and help ya along - what do you think will help you get back in the zone?

Mmm thanks, lentils and potatoes and spinach is one of my all time favourites, I like what I do with it but I know I've got lazy with my spices.

Back