Luv2BSlim's JUDDD Diary ~ 45.¼ lb lost, 27 lb to go!

I'm not great with drinking either when not on vlcd!! I try to force a litre down before brekkie, and take little 330ml bottle with me .... I can easily get down 5 refills of that without really noticing!!

Mmm junk food the best thing about juddd LOL

New bra always feel lovely!! I can't wait to get my first proper bra postop! Least another 5 months LOL

Keep up the ace work Xx

I'm not great with drinking either when not on vlcd!! I try to force a litre down before brekkie, and take little 330ml bottle with me .... I can easily get down 5 refills of that without really noticing!!

Mmm junk food the best thing about juddd LOL

New bra always feel lovely!! I can't wait to get my first proper bra postop! Least another 5 months LOL

Keep up the ace work Xx

Lol I'm like it also on a VLCD. Just feels weird drinking if I'm not thirsty

Yeah telling people I've lost just over 21 lb eating some chocolate, cake, take away etc and they clearly think I'm lying lol

Wow is that because you have to wear a special post op bra for that amount of time then? I know that people need to wear a certain type after surgery but 5 months it's gonna feel awesome when you can :D

Xxx

LOL yeah I've been the chocolate monster and list, its a nice bonus LOL

No underwires, right now post op bra and genie bras only! Can't wait to get a nice t shirt bra

Have a good weekend hun x

Got my new bras today and I am shocked at how much a difference the right sized bra can make! My boobies no longer look as deflated lol. I've been wearing the wrong size bra for ages that was giving me almost 0 support. According to my before measurements I was a G or GG cup but now I'm a D or DD cup so that's some deflation right there poor things. Hoping they won't shrink any more.

Lol "poor things" I'm going bra shopping on Monday, think I've gone down about a cup size, hopefully go down a few more!

Must admit I'm deffo not drinking enough water, I hardly drink any at all :eek: . I mainly drink diet lemonade and that's only 1-2 glasses a day I never seem to feel thirsty much xx

I'm the same, I have to force the water down, especially in this weather!

I will have to get the evil Dulcolax out tonight if I don't 'go' by this evening. I'm rather constipated and every time I eat I feel incredibly bloated, the double up probably hasn't helped that but I even felt like that on the first of the two up days. It's a down day today and I have already eaten my lot so I am a bit bloated but not too much.

I received some new clothes I ordered online last week. Love them and especially one of the tops, it's nice and pretty and perfect for summer as it will keep me cool. I got it in a size 16 and it fits perfectly but because I'm keeping it for summer I'm worried it will be too big on me and look silly by then (it's a floaty tunic top anyway even when you're wearing the correct size). I would have sent it back and got a 14 but the lowest they go is size 16 hmm.

Ok so for the rest of Feb I really want to get my head down and try to not keeping going so over on my up days and also stick to no more than 400 cals on my down days. I just checked the JUDDD website and put my current weight into the calculator and my up day cals have gone from 2028 to 1913 (I had to add a year on my age because it was my birthday recently and it gives me 6 less cals when I did lol!), and my down day cals have gone from 406 to 383. So not a major difference but when most of my ups finish around 2300 - 2700 cals it means I am sometimes eating nearly 1000 extra! eek.

I'm also going to try and get in some physical activity because right now I do absolutely no exercise - I don't even walk anywhere I'm lazy and go in the car. When I say physical activity it could mean walking places rather than using the car, not full on fitness freak lol. I might find out my resistance bands and weights upstairs that I have never used and do some exercise at home too, it is definitely nothing major but it's a start.

I really want to be at goal (or very close to) by June/July to be ready for what summer we get but at this rate I probably won't be at goal by then. I am hoping all it takes is getting my head down and stop keep going over so often and by so much and start doing some exercise and then eventually joining a gym again. Ideally I want to be maintaining during summer not still trying to lose this weight but who knows.

I have definitely decided not to weigh in anymore during Feb and just leave it until beginning of March... hopefully TOTM won't be awkward and come 1-2 weeks early and mess it up.

Last edited:
Ah wouldn't it be lovely to be at goal by june/july!

I ordered some clothes the other day too, I've had to alter some of them because I ordered too big.

How did you get on this week? x

Ah wouldn't it be lovely to be at goal by june/july!

It would be brilliant. I think it definitely could be doable, 2 stone in just over 4 months if I'm really good. That's a big if though lol

How did you get on this week? x

I think I have done pretty ok so far, still 11 days to go though. I stayed determined not to go too far over... my calories have been:

10/02 DD: 407
11/02 UD: 2063
12/02 DD: 453
13/02 UD: 2023
14/02 DD: 407
15/02 UD: 1974-2071 (got a bit mixed up with something so either one)
16/02 DD: 405
17/02 UD: 662 so far but still got dinner to have yet

I think I'll be over by 100-300 ish today though, but that's still good for me considering most my ups previously were UUAD's

I will probably report back in a week or two to log what my cals have been for the rest of Feb and also hopefully I'll be able to see a loss on the scales at my next weigh in
x

Well I did pretty well in my first week of 'getting my head down' and not going so over my up day allowances. 2nd week not so great. 3rd week starts tomorrow so going to try hard to be good.

10/02 DD: 407
11/02 UD: 2063
12/02 DD: 453
13/02 UD: 2023
14/02 DD: 407
15/02 UD: 1974-2071 (got a bit mixed up with something so either one)
16/02 DD: 405
17/02 UD: 2253 in the end

18/02 DD: 380
19/02 UD: 2140 (that is not including a small cake I had - so I'm estimating max 2500)
20/02 DD: 441
21/02 UD: 2221
22/02 DD: 450
23/02 UD: 2161 (had another cake! so this figure is not including that - estimating 2500 calories for the day max)
24/02 DD: 389.5

So over by more than 100 calories on every up day that week, 2 of those were way over because of the cakes! *sigh*. Hope to do better next week.

Had such a stressful day today. I need my bed I have a thumping headache, my eyes are sore from getting upset and I'm totally craving junk food but today is a down day. My dog, who is like a child to me, had a funny turn this afternoon and it seems as though what he had was a mild seizure :(:cry:. When it happened I got so upset and frightened even though it did only last 1-2 mins, luckily mum was here to take charge of the situation. Hopefully the vet can help clear things up for me. If it is seizures then he'll be coming up to sleep in my room at night, the neighbours will love that! but I'll want to keep an eye because both times it's happened upon waking up after a long sleep. I'm thinking all sorts and getting myself in a state, should stop until I've seen the vet.
When I got him at 8 weeks old I certainly didn't expect him to be having any illnesses before he turns 2 years old! he may be 21 months but to me he is still very much a puppy xx

Awe hun that's very hard, the kids doggy started having fits few months ago, really scary. Medication has helped though, he's much better now

Chin up hun xxx hope today is less stressful Xx

Chin up hun xxx hope today is less stressful Xx

Thanks hun been a lot less stressful since the weekend. Doggy doing ok not had another so far thankfully but will keep an eye.

Awe hun that's very hard, the kids doggy started having fits few months ago, really scary. Medication has helped though, he's much better now

Aww no thats so sad :( but I am glad the meds have helped him. Poor little guys don't understand what's going on.
I think the vet will suggest meds if he get them worse or more frequent but for now just see how he goes. I might also change his diet could be a certain ingredient triggering.
Xxx

Last DD tomorrow before weigh in eek! Not looking forward to it, weigh in that is lol.

Got some exercise stuff coming tomorrow. Was meant to come today but the delivery company let me down! Grr. They mess me around again tomorrow and I'm gonna be p*ssed. That will be 2 days of getting someone to wait in for a delivery that was never even going to turn up. Rant over lool.

Think I'm gonna call my first NSV. I caught my reflection earlier and I now have a gap between my thighs! haha brilliant. I could see how much smaller my thighs are and my lower legs too, it felt good because normally I never notice any difference then get disheartened.
Still a way to go yet and want them to be a lot slimmer but I'm on my way!

A positive yesterday to a neg today.

Weigh in day today and I now weigh 12 stone 8 lb. So that means I'm unhappy to report a 2 lb loss in February. It may even only be 1.75 lb because when I stepped on them again (and again!) it changed to 12 stone 8.25 lb. What the hell!?
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Ok so I'm still losing but extremely slowly. I even made sure I didn't continue to go way over and stick more towards my up day allowance for the past 2 weeks and that's obviously not helped. I remember doing that before and it made no difference. 23 lb since October makes me do a bit of a sad face. Of course it's good that I've lost 23 lb but I was hoping for about 6 lb a month so more like 30 lb. At this rate my summer goal just isn't going to happen *sigh*.

I was looking forward to my up day today but I am not anymore. I had an adjustment at the orthodontist yesterday and my teeth are so bl**dy sore it will suck to eat.

/rantover.

Just been working out my calories over the lat 2 weeks.

This last week works out on average 1225 calories a day

The week before that 1456 a day.

Maybe it's just too much.vBut I would have thought 1225 was low enough though.

Have you put your stats the calculator on the Johnson's Up day Down day site? I would never lose on 2,225 average a day. I sts on 1,000 a day average last week. It maybe you need to re-adjust now you have lost so much. I heard, too, that you should assume you do less exercise then you think when calculating your UD calories.

Thank you all. At least it's a loss and not STS. I'm not giving up... still going to keep going because I will get to goal this year there even if it kills me!

Have you put your stats the calculator on the Johnson's Up day Down day site? I would never lose on 2,225 average a day. I sts on 1,000 a day average last week. It maybe you need to re-adjust now you have lost so much. I heard, too, that you should assume you do less exercise then you think when calculating your UD calories.

Yeah I have checked my allowances on the calculator since losing 23 lb on JUDDD and my up day cals have gone down by about 100 a day and my down day calories have gone down by about 26. Ever since starting JUDDD in October I have always set my 'Activity' on the calculator as little or no exercise.

I guess I was expecting a little more in my last 2.5 weeks of Feb because I was eating not only 100 less like the calculator says but in a way 300-700 less because I had been eating about 2300-2700 on most up days and was losing about 1 lb a week averaged out over the month or since starting.

It may just be coincidence but it seems when I eat less or very close to my allowance set by the calculator I don't lose or I don't lose any better, I seem to lose 4 lb a month by eating more. When I first started JUDDD I weighed 199 lb and when entered into the calculator my up day cals were 2028 and down day cals were 406 with activity at little or no exercise. I could eat way over that and still lose. But I guess all good things come to an end lol.

I had an UUAD on Friday and Sunday (more so Friday) but not sure what I am going to do for the rest of my up days before my next weigh in. I'll see, might have to tweak things if I continue to have such small/slow losses.

Last edited:
Well I would have started working out this week but I can't because the stuff I bought arrived with damaged parts. I am still waiting for the manufacturer to get back to me about a replacement. I would normally avoid going through the manufacturer so early after purchase and send it straight back to the shop I bought if from to get my money back but it's sooo heavy I really can't be bothered to go through the hassle of couriers and bulky stuff. But if the manufacturer doesn't get back to me by tomorrow then they can just forget it, I'll just get the company I bought it from to collect it and either get a refund or have an exchange. I am so fed up of constantly having to chase up companies because they sell me faulty stuff then they can't be bothered to sort it. What happened to customer service *sigh*.

I had an UUAD on Friday and another on Sunday (about 2700) so I have probably messed this week up but I am not bothered. I felt mega cravings and I was in a lot of discomfort Sunday due to TOTM starting early morning and that means I turn to food for comfort unforunately. Thank gawd for the Tranexamic tabs! I just need to take them a bit earlier to avoid the mega back and stomach cramps kicking in too much.

I miss having a period every 6 weeks, every 4 weeks seems too much :(. From when I started up until late last year (apart from when I was on the pill for 5 years) mine came every 6 weeks so I am wondering if it's the diet changing my cycle or just because I'm older now... I would have thought they would get less painful though, for me they seem to be getting worse.

Last edited:
Oh well today turned into an up. First time that has happened without planning it prior. So much for my determination and motivation I felt earlier today :/. I am not keen on now doing a down day tomorrow so I might just do an up which will make it 3 in a row. Mentally, I'm just not feeling the plan right now tbh :(.

Hello! :)

Well done for giving it your all and hopefully you can discover the magic number of calories to give the best result. I find that sometimes if I eat more its better. Can't describe how or why that would work but just think weight loss is not as simple as calories in calories out as some would say.

Think it's about finding what works for your body. When I did the vlcd I lost 11 lbs in a month. Usually I lose around 8. You'd think I wound have lost more due to such a low calorie intake, so that's why I think it's not all about calories.

Just keep plugging away and we will get there! Xx

Back