Luv2BSlim's Slim & Save Diary

Want2BeSlim

Gold Member
I decided to go ahead and make my diary here in the Slim and Save section. I have so far been posting about my first 2 days on Slim and Save in my Exante diary. I did that because I was quite convinced that I wouldn't like the Slim and Save products and would end up going back to exante, but so far that doesn't seem to be the case. I am loving everything I have tried so far.

So I am currently on day two and all is going well, mainly because the products taste good. I still have a few more products to try over the next two days. So far I have tried the oatmeal porridge, sweet porridge, chocolate truffa bar, strawberry shake, chocolate shake, banana shake, original and new spag bol.

My headache seems to be easing, it was SO bad this morning.

I need to try and get my water up as so far I haven't quite made it above 1L a day

Last edited:
Day 3 :)

Well for the first 2 days I didn't feel weak at all, I was expecting to because of how I felt when I first started exante. I haven't got away with it, it's hit me today. I feel a little like jelly and have no energy. If I remember correctly, I didn't start to feel better until day 8 on exante... I think I'm one of the slower ones to get into ketosis. Also feeling pretty grumpy today. I have no patience and everything seems to be irritating me :(.

I was unbelievably hungry in bed last night that I kept waking up :mad:. So that's another crap nights sleep.

I think I made my porridge this morning with too little water, it was very stodgy and I didn't enjoy it as much as I did on Saturday.

I'm going to try a red fruits shake, mushroom pasta and chili later. I need to get ordering today if I want to continue as I only have enough packs to last me for today and tomorrow. I guess if my delivery arrives later in the week I could drink my exante shakes until then to get me through. So glad I ordered the samples though, when I ordered my bumper pack from exante it was a little disappointing to spend £100 and not really like much of the products. This way I got 4 days worth of samples for 99p each.

Now sitting down to eat my Chili I hope I like it. I might have my red fruits shake after because I am that hungry. I'll have my Mushroom pasta later this evening.

Last edited:
How did u find the chilli I love it very tasty and I had mine for tea tonight too :)

Hi Lots2lose36 and Loopeylou, I loved the chili! so happy about that as I really wasn't expecting to. I ran out of my samples yesterday so placed another order (is being delivered today) and ordered quite a few of the original chili's as it was so nice. I tried the silver pack chili last night and wasn't as keen, not that is was horrible, but much prefer the original :D

Luv2BSlim said:
Hi Lots2lose36 and Loopeylou, I loved the chili! so happy about that as I really wasn't expecting to. I ran out of my samples yesterday so placed another order (is being delivered today) and ordered quite a few of the original chili's as it was so nice. I tried the silver pack chili last night and wasn't as keen, not that is was horrible, but much prefer the original :D

I've only got shakes left, next order being placed thur/fri so will be delivered on Monday...... Boy will I be happy to see meals and bars lol
That's the great thing with this plan at least there is variety :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Day 5

I am feeling absolutely horrid today :(. I have a headache at the back left side of my head going into my ear. I also feel sick and I am rather hungry, belly is rumbling too... but that's probably because I haven't eaten anything yet today. I can't eat yet because I have no packs left (my samples ran out yesterday) and I have stayed at home today to wait in for my delivery, knowing my luck it wont be here until gone 3pm eek. I took a paracetamol for my head which has helped a little but now I feel more nauseous :9529:

Other than that I think everything is going ok. I don't think I am in ketosis yet, feel quite warm/hot most of the time and still craving lol. My breath is a bit icky but I am putting it down to the S&S meals and not being able to brush my teeth afterwards sometimes. I bought some of the nuPhar Fresh Breath Strips on eBay (apparently allowed on Lipotrim) to try and help with that. Still feeling quite weak and not much energy.

I bought 14 samples, I think, and liked all of them :eek: which was a bonus but a shock too... I am very fussy! I made an order for the male 28 day pack yesterday so I can continue today. Rather than buying two types of the porridge, spag bol and chili I decided to go for the original porridge, newer spag bol and original chili as I prefered them a little more. I also ordered some cottage pie, mushroom pasta, strawberry, banana (prefer the exante banana though), chocolate and vanilla shakes and a couple of the chocolate truffa bars.

Eagerly waiting for my energy to perk up and headaches to go... wishing the days away because of it.

I've only got shakes left, next order being placed thur/fri so will be delivered on Monday...... Boy will I be happy to see meals and bars lol

I know what you mean, although I like the shakes, having the meals too is a lot better and makes things easier. I wish I ordered more bars in my order I placed yesterday, for some reason I only ordered 2 to last me the next 5 weeks ooops! :(

That's the great thing with this plan at least there is variety :) x

Definitely, really loving it being able to eat hot food is such a plus! I am not having any of the veg or milk allowance so far, might start that next week or later... although some mushrooms sound extremely nice right now x

:bighug:For you . How much water are you drinking ? Didn't you use your Exante shakes since u haven't got any atm i hope they come really soon.

xx

Good luck with the S&S plan hun. I like all the packs so far except the soup. Hope the headache disappears soon! x

YAY the delivery came about half hour ago, loving the free tape measure... I needed a new one too lol. I have just been sorting through my order checking everything is ok and planning my next few days and what packs I'll have. Just had some porridge and feel much better now!

:bighug:For you . How much water are you drinking ? Didn't you use your Exante shakes since u haven't got any atm i hope they come really soon.

xx

Aww thank you. My water intake is nowhere near what's recommended :eek:. I really struggle to get water down, always have. I would say at most maybe 1 litre a day. I have been drinking some of my Sainsburys Apple & Blackberry (has malic acid not citric) but only have one bottle left. I prefer to drink that than plain water x

maybe u should have an Exante shake till your Slim and Save arrive :)

I really should have done that, I was being stubborn hehex

Good luck with the S&S plan hun. I like all the packs so far except the soup. Hope the headache disappears soon! x

Thank you Shivie. Oh I didn't try any of the soups because I assumed they would be horrid because the exante ones were to me, although some people love them I guess we're all different. Headache is easing woohoo :D x

Last edited:
Water is definitely the key hun! Learn to love it! There's an apple & blackcurrant water flavouring suitable for very low cal diets on Ebay. Or have you tried sparkling water? I love Pellegrino Italian sparkling water as a little treat. Glad the headache is subsiding. It's hard enough to do this without added punishment!

Day 6 and finally I feel so much better because my headache is gone and I don't feel as weak (not quite there with the extra energy yet though). Still feeling grumpy and very down on and off throughout the day but hoping that will pass in the next few days.

I haven't been feeling hungry very much at all today. I ended up having my 2nd, 3rd and 4th packs between 9pm and 10:30pm tonight. I had my first pack (porridge) at about 2pm as I had an appointment at the dentist at 11am so didn't want to eat before I went. It's strange going so long without food and having had so little food for such a long period and not feeling hungry. So I must remember to eat my packs properly and not so spaced apart/close together.

I didn't enjoy my spag bol I had yesterday :(, I think it's either because I cooked it too long or I didn't put in enough water and so it was too dry. Tonight I had cottage pie and it was lovely. Oh I forgot, I had my veg allowance yesterday and today, I had 100g of mushrooms and 100g of brocolli. I know I said I wouldn't have the veg until later into the diet, oops.

Only another 3 weeks until I can weigh in for the first time :eek: hope it hurries up.

Water is definitely the key hun! Learn to love it! There's an apple & blackcurrant water flavouring suitable for very low cal diets on Ebay. Or have you tried sparkling water? I love Pellegrino Italian sparkling water as a little treat. Glad the headache is subsiding. It's hard enough to do this without added punishment!

Hi Shivie, I have tried my hardest to drink more water today and I think I did pretty well. Oh I'll have to check that out on eBay, I am assuming it doesn't contain citric acid? I haven't tried sparkling water, I have thought about it, might give it a try to see if it makes water a little more 'interesting' as I would really like to get up to 2 litres a day x

Day 7

Oh dear the headache is back again today. I woke up with a funny head but as the day has gone on it's got worse and right now I have the biggest stinking headache. I also think I may have low blood pressure, sometimes when I stand up my heart pounds so hard I can feel it in my chest, head and ears... I'm guessing that isn't normal when doing a VLCD? Maybe I need to see my doctor but I wont get an appointment for at least another 1-2 weeks probably. I have only had the pounding heart in chest and head since starting Slim and Save :confused:. I can't remember if I had that while doing exante.
I am sure my mum has a blood pressure monitor, later this evening I'll go see if she can find it and I'll check my blood pressure.

SO tired as well. Like I can barely stay awake right now. I haven't been getting enough sleep though, maybe 6 - 7 hours sleep for the past few days (and that's broken somehwere in the middle to go downstairs to let the dog out). I also cannot think straight sometimes either and get all my words wrong and stop mid sentence because I cannot think of the word I need to use. Feeling pretty damn rotten :(.

Oh dear hun, that doesn't sound good. Have you been drinking, drinking, drinking your water all the time?

Day 8

So I know I said I wasn't going to weigh in until 1 month after starting, I didn't succeed and did it today 1 week in. I was rewarded very nicely after feeling absolutely TERRIBLE for the past week, -4 lbs :rolleyes: :(. I'm not going to lie, so disheartened with that loss. Most people who weigh less than me lose more than that in their first week doing a VLCD! In my first week on Exante last year I lost just under 8 lbs in my first week, so not sure why I haven't on S&S. I was sulking for ages after weighing myself wishing I hadn't done it, but now I'm just going to have to get over it and keep going.

Feeling a bit better today. My headache isn't around but my head feels tender like at any moment it could be back. I saw mum and used her bp monitor and going by that it says I have mild high blood pressure so I was wrong thinking it was low... weird seeing as I had none of these symptoms prior to starting last Saturday.

I am off to Sainsburys soon to get me 100g of protein and some veg to eat for dinner today (I am going to just have the 3 S&S packs today with a protein meal). I'll be back to 4 packs again tomorrow.

Have you been drinking, drinking, drinking your water all the time?

I have really tried to drink as much as I can, so far making 1.5 litres, going to gradually try and get to 2 and then a bit more

Don't get disheartened its still a good loss. You really do need to up the water though, 3 Ltrs is optimal for you and will def help your losses.
Good luck for this week xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you Loopeylou
I am trying not to let it bother me too much as it's still a loss. I think it doesn't help that I am comparing it to my first week loss on exante. I am going to try my damned hardest to drink more more water over the space of a day x

Still don't think I am in ketosis either, I'm not feeling cold, no 'death breath' either. Hurry up already! lol

Day 9

I had 3 packs yesterday, 100g of diced turkey breast and 200g of mushrooms. Today I have so far had porridge, 100g of diced turkey breast and 100g of mushrooms. Tomorrow it's back to 4 packs a day.

Feeling pretty ok today head wise, but I don't want to speak too soon. Still working to up my water and I am getting there!

I measured my bust last night and they're down by 3cm already, so that's nice to see having not had such a big loss on the scales yesterday.

Back