Luv2BSlim's Slim & Save Diary

Wooohooo well done your in the 14's!!! Its an amazing feeling to drop down to the next stone well done you.

Thanks Stef, it really does feel good. I'm going to be over the moon when I get into the 13's because I think the last time I was there was in 2008.

4lb may not be possible by saturday but as i say be proud of every lb you lose, its coming off and you will be at target in no time!!

Definitely. I have to remember that if I hadn't started S&S when I did then I could be nearing 16 stone by now :eek:. Even if I make 12 lbs that's only 2 lbs a way from my target. I think because I didn't get that huge loss in week 1 like the majority of people hasn't helped... that would have made my first stone go a lot quicker. But then I am told not to worry about the first week because it's water weight. With all the carbs I had before starting I haven't a clue how I didn't lose more water weight :giggle:.

Yeah im doing 4 packs again at the minute, litrally because i am in love with mac cheese!? So after all that has gone i will probably be back on 3 packs for a while!
You dont just have to have tuna you can have other meats, or do u only like tuna? xx

Ooh I haven't tried the mac cheese, that's one of the things I didn't order when I ordered my samples as I was a bit unsure about the products. I think I might order a sample before I'm due to order my next supply. Well I love tuna but got bored of it quickly, I think it's because I have to have the one in spring water where as before diet I always had tuna in sunflower oil and I prefer that. I did have some turkey for protien in my first week. I guess I'm just trying to avoid cooking all together lol :eek: xx

Yep always good to do abit of exercise but dont over do it because you can start getting dizzy light headed etc..
I only introduced exercise a couple of weeks ago, didnt feel i was ready untill then!

When i did LT i didnt have a huge loss the first month it was my second i did better on, but on s&s i did better in my first month, either way hun forget what everyone else has lost, everyone is sooo different when it comes to weight loss, the main thing is its coming off :D i mean i ate 2 s&s bars and came out of ketosis, majority can eat 2 and be absoloutly fine!

Haha yes im not a good cook, my hubbys the master chef around here! I treat myself one a weekend to a stirfry but ive gone off that now too lol xx

Day 29 (I think?)

Weigh in 4 today, officially completed 4 weeks on plan yay! Only lost 2.¼ lbs doh! So only managed to lose 13 lbs in my first 4 weeks

Yep always good to do abit of exercise but dont over do it because you can start getting dizzy light headed etc..
I only introduced exercise a couple of weeks ago, didnt feel i was ready untill then!

When i did LT i didnt have a huge loss the first month it was my second i did better on, but on s&s i did better in my first month, either way hun forget what everyone else has lost, everyone is sooo different when it comes to weight loss, the main thing is its coming off :D i mean i ate 2 s&s bars and came out of ketosis, majority can eat 2 and be absoloutly fine!

Haha yes im not a good cook, my hubbys the master chef around here! I treat myself one a weekend to a stirfry but ive gone off that now too lol xx

Hi Stef

Still not started me exercise! I'm such a lazy butt lol.

It's funny how we can go off things quick. I got sick of the spag bol, now getting a little sick of the chili eeek! hopefully it wont last otherwise I'll only be eating mushroom pasta and cottage pie xx

Last edited:
Ah I forgot to say I ordered 3 of the new bars. I received them today :D. I am going to try one today I think seeing as I haven't had a bar in over 3 weeks. I got the Milk Chocolate & Praline, Milk Chocolate Truffa and the Milk Chocolate, Vanilla & Almond. Now to decide which one to try today... hmm.

Hi and thank you :D. Only 2 weeks to go for you. I hope you are enjoying the products and well done on getting to week 2!

I found once I got past week 3 my emotional cravings disappeared. I wasn't physically hungry in week 2 or 3 but my emotional ties to food were playing me up. Week 4 was a lot easier.

I had the Milk Chocolate & Praline bar, it was quite nice for a 'diet' bar... I did find it didn't have a great deal of flavour, or maybe it was just me. I would happily buy it again, not something I would desire to eat daily though. I wont try another bar until the end of the week, possibly even next week... they're just something I want to try and limit as much as I can.

Day 30 - Now in week 5!

Day 30 - Now in week 5 woop! :D

I was going to weigh myself again today but got up late and decided not to. Yesterday I managed to drink 2L of plain water, woohoo go me lol, so not a drop of flavoured water. So far today I have had 1L or maybe even 1.5L of plain water, will make it at least 2 by the end of the day.

I had 3 packs yesterday and 2 eggs for protein. No veg for a good few days now. Today I think I'm going to have 3 packs again and 2 eggs for the protein, I may also have some cucumber in between packs.

I am making a small shopping list, although it means I need to drive around town to the different shops.
Sainsburys - Own brand multi vit (nice and cheap :)) for when I do 3 packs a day + protein
Icelands Red Apple still water (someone said in the main forum it has no citric acid), it will work out cheaper than the flavoured water I buy from Sainsburys
Holland and Barrett - Wheat Bran (to help me 'go' :eek:)
Farm Foods - to get some fish and chicken for protein meals

I am on a tight budget now so I cannot really afford to spend too much extra on other bits n pieces. I find meat from supermarkets works out quite expensive so I will try some meat from either Farm Foods or Icelands and see what it's like.

I measured my left thigh last night, too lazy to do the rest, I was knackered! and it's gone down by 1.6 inches. Bust is down by 3 inches. My stomach seems to be being stubborn this time around! by week 3 on exante I had lost 3 inches from my stomach, I've now completed week 4 and only lost 2.75 inches, although sometimes I measure myself a few days later and it's gone up my .5 or even 1cm :rolleyes:... I guess it's probably due to TOTM that happened recently, thank God it didn't last long and went away after 4-5 days.

Good work on your losses so far hun, fantastic day 30 :)

Always lovely to see the inches reducing :)

Day 31

What on earth is going on with my stomach! When I measured my stomach a few days ago I found that it had gone down by another 2cm after days of not budging. But when I measured myself just now it's gone back up by 2cm, argh! wapita lol. It's being stubborn! Only just over 2 inches in just over 4 weeks... I want it to be like last time, 3 inches in 3 weeks ;). Ok I must stop as I know we can't pick and choose where and when we lose fat from. Maybe my stomach is gonna be last this time.

I weighed in today, down .75 of a lb since Sat. So today the scales said 14st 10.5lbs. I will weigh in again tomorrow. I'm also considering buying some new scales, currently I have some digital weight watcher ones that I bought about 3 or 4 years ago.

I was craving like mad earlier. I haven't craved chocolate since starting S&S but today it really got me. I ended up having 100g of mushrooms and 100g of cucumber to try and take the cravings away but it didn't help.

Now in week 5 and I think I may just be starting to go off the meals. I don't dislike them (well ok maybe I dislike the spag Bol now!) but they're just not as good as when I first started. I'll use up the remainder of them, I haven't got too many left anyway as I only have about 2 weeks worth of products left. In my next order I might just order porridge, shakes and a few of the bars. At the moment I have porridge for breakfast, a meal (cottage pie, chilli or mushroom pasta) for dinner then 2 shakes in the evening... Or sometimes I'll skip the meal pack and swap it for a protein meal. Who knows maybe my taste buds will change again and I'll love them once again.

RebekahR said:
Good work on your losses so far hun, fantastic day 30 :)

Thank you Rebekah. Can't believe I'm now in week 5!

RebekahR said:
Always lovely to see the inches reducing :)

It really really is, just wish my stomach went quicker than my bust lol

Day 31

What on earth is going on with my stomach! When I measured my stomach a few days ago I found that it had gone down by another 2cm after days of not budging. But when I measured myself just now it's gone back up by 2cm, argh! wapita lol. It's being stubborn! Only just over 2 inches in just over 4 weeks... I want it to be like last time, 3 inches in 3 weeks ;). Ok I must stop as I know we can't pick and choose where and when we lose fat from. Maybe my stomach is gonna be last this time.

I weighed in today, down .75 of a lb since Sat. So today the scales said 14st 10.5lbs. I will weigh in again tomorrow. I'm also considering buying some new scales, currently I have some digital weight watcher ones that I bought about 3 or 4 years ago.

I was craving like mad earlier. I haven't craved chocolate since starting S&S but today it really got me. I ended up having 100g of mushrooms and 100g of cucumber to try and take the cravings away but it didn't help.

Now in week 5 and I think I may just be starting to go off the meals. I don't dislike them (well ok maybe I dislike the spag Bol now!) but they're just not as good as when I first started. I'll use up the remainder of them, I haven't got too many left anyway as I only have about 2 weeks worth of products left. In my next order I might just order porridge, shakes and a few of the bars. At the moment I have porridge for breakfast, a meal (cottage pie, chilli or mushroom pasta) for dinner then 2 shakes in the evening... Or sometimes I'll skip the meal pack and swap it for a protein meal. Who knows maybe my taste buds will change again and I'll love them once again.

Thank you Rebekah. Can't believe I'm now in week 5!

It really really is, just wish my stomach went quicker than my bust lol

you are doing great chick :D my tummy and my face dont like to let go of the fat so aggravating lol grr. not sure how much in inches ive lost so far as i stupidly didnt measure doh but i dont even feel like ive lost weight yet :confused:, probs cos i squeezed meself into clothes that was too small cos refused to wear bigger :giggle: so still in same ones doh.

Catdog xx

Hey chick just catching up ur doing brilliant cant believe ur in week 5 already!! Keep it up :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just one of those days... *sigh*

Well I weighed myself again this morning, the scales say exactly the same as they did yesterday. I've only lost .75 of a lb since Saturday, so looks like another small loss this week then! :sigh:

I don't know what I am doing wrong I am sticking 100%, no cheats, not even a crumb! I don't always have my veg and I haven't been having any of the milk allowance. I am also making sure to drink my water and having at least 2.5L now. I have lost inches but my losses on the scales are pretty poor for someone my weight/height on a VLCD . I'm a little down and fed up about it. I was close to giving up earlier today but managed not to and told myself to stick at it and maybe next week will be better (I've been telling myself this for 3 weeks now though). I wondered if it was my scales or the floor they're on, so I went on a mission to find and use some scales at a pharmacy. First I went to Tesco and used their digital ones that also measure your height, BMI etc etc and I obviously weighed with my clothes on and the weight was exactly the same as it was at home this morning when I weighed naked, well, apart from my bra, so my scales must be right I guess. I then called in at my local pharmacy who do Liptotrim and used their scales, I came up as 91.8KG which is about 14st 5lbs, so that's 5.5lbs lighter than what my scales and the Tesco ones say (14st 10.5lbs) :eek:. Ohhh and apparently I am not 5ft 2in I am 5ft 1in according to the Tesco scales lol.

If it isn't the scales then I'm going to end up putting it down to my thyroid. I had my first thyroid test in 2006 and my numbers were high but my doctor said to wait and come back in 6 months time to check again. I didn't bother and the next blood tests I had done to check thyroid were in 2009, the results showed that my numbers had risen even more, again I was told to leave it and come back again later on. I then requested to have another test in late 2010 and my numbers had risen again but the doctor I saw (different from my usual doctor) refused to accept my symptoms were hypothyroid related and said my numbers looked ok! WTH. So I was fobbed off again. For some reason they don't want to accept my thyroid is out of wack and will continue to get worse, why not put me on medication already.

Ok had my rant! better shut up now

you are doing great chick :D my tummy and my face dont like to let go of the fat so aggravating lol grr. not sure how much in inches ive lost so far as i stupidly didnt measure doh but i dont even feel like ive lost weight yet :confused:, probs cos i squeezed meself into clothes that was too small cos refused to wear bigger :giggle: so still in same ones doh.

Catdog xx

Hey chick just catching up ur doing brilliant cant believe ur in week 5 already!! Keep it up :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks so much catdog and Stef. I am so glad to be into week 5 and not cheated/given up also for the inches lost. Just wish the scales were going down more xxx

Last edited:
Well I weighed myself again this morning, the scales say exactly the same as they did yesterday :(. I've only lost .75 of a lb since Saturday, so looks like another small loss this week then! :sigh:

I don't know what I am doing wrong? I am sticking 100%, no cheats, not even a crumb! I don't always have my veg and I haven't been having any of the milk allowance. I am also making sure to drink my water and having at least 2.5L now. I have lost inches but my losses on the scales are pretty poor for someone my weight/height on a VLCD . I'm a little down and fed up about it. I was close to giving up earlier today but managed not to and told myself to stick at it and maybe next week will be better (I've been telling myself this for 3 weeks now though). I wondered if it was my scales or the floor they're on, so I went on a mission to find and use some scales at a pharmacy. First I went to Tesco and used their digital ones that also measure your height, BMI etc etc and I obviously weighed with my clothes on and the weight was exactly the same as it was at home this morning (when I weighed naked, well, apart from my bra) so my scales must be right I guess. I then called in at my local pharmacy who do Liptotrim and used their scales, I came up as 91.8KG which is about 14st 5lbs, so that's 5.5lbs lighter than what my scales and the Tesco ones say (14st 10.5lbs) :eek:. Ohhh and apparently I am not 5ft 2in I am 5ft 1in according to the Tesco scales lol.

If it isn't the scales then I'm going to end up putting it down to my thyroid. I had my first thyroid test in 2006 and my numbers were high but my doctor said to wait and come back in 6 months time to check again. I didn't bother and the next blood tests I had done to check thyroid were in 2009, the results showed that my numbers had risen even more, again, told to leave it and come back again later on. I then requested to have another test in late 2010 and my numbers had risen again but the doctor I saw (different from my usual doctor) refused to accept my symptoms were hypothyroid related and said my numbers looked ok! WTH. So I was fobbed off again. For some reason they don't want to accept my thyroid is out of wack and will continue to get worse, why not put me on medication already.

Ok had my rant! better shut up lol

Thanks so much catdog and Stef. I am so glad to be into week 5 and not cheated/given up also for the inches lost. Just wish the scales were going down more xxx

hiya chick ive also got thyroid probs im on medication for life now with it, i had symptoms for years, got to point where i refused to move from the doc room til i was tested lol he wouldnt even test me before that saying older women only get it which is just not true, bloody docs some stuck in their ways! demand another test and change docs if need be, thyroid is hard to diagnose as body can trick test at diff times, always get tested on a morning and dont have anything to eat or drink from the night before as this effects the test, i get mine checked every 6 weeks. Sorry to hear scales arent moving, mines showing gain so far this week (totm) im so upset even though i know its not real weight and my bellys so huge and bloated, its really messing with me and im craving food so bad :(

Catdog xx

That's big different from the tesco and the lipotrim ones but I would more incline to trust the lipotrim ones as they have to be accurate as possible! Are u losing inches ? How do u clothes feel!

I hope u get your thyroid problem sorted, if u don't get the answers your looking for again! Some doctors don't have a clue!

Sending hugs ur doin fab as well xx

hiya chick ive also got thyroid probs im on medication for life now with it, i had symptoms for years, got to point where i refused to move from the doc room til i was tested lol he wouldnt even test me before that saying older women only get it which is just not true, bloody docs some stuck in their ways! demand another test and change docs if need be, thyroid is hard to diagnose as body can trick test at diff times, always get tested on a morning and dont have anything to eat or drink from the night before as this effects the test, i get mine checked every 6 weeks. Sorry to hear scales arent moving, mines showing gain so far this week (totm) im so upset even though i know its not real weight and my bellys so huge and bloated, its really messing with me and im craving food so bad :(

Catdog xx

Hiya oh no that sucks but I am glad you are finally on medication, I hope it's working and making you feel better? Yep, totally agree about how stubborn some docs can be. I was about 20 when I had my first thyroid test (doctor suggested it after going in and her listening to my symptoms), she was a great doctor though but just wouldn't budge when it came to my thyroid weird. She retired and I had to go see someone else, I saw a man and he was so grumpy! argh. I will probably go and get another blood test done again soon, this time I'm seeing a female doctor lol. Thank you for the tips, I didn't know different things could interfere with the results!

Damn TOTM!!! :( being bloated is horrible isn't it. I hope it passes soon and I am sure once it has you'll see a nice loss on those scales. You've done amazing so far, keep it up xx

That's big different from the tesco and the lipotrim ones but I would more incline to trust the lipotrim ones as they have to be accurate as possible! Are u losing inches ? How do u clothes feel!

I hope u get your thyroid problem sorted, if u don't get the answers your looking for again! Some doctors don't have a clue!

Sending hugs ur doin fab as well xx

Hiya Twiowl, yeah it was a bit of a shock! I was like, imagine if I was that light and I've been thinking I'm heavier than I was... gutted but also happy lol. Yes I have lost inches, slowly but surely. It's just my stomach is being pretty stubborn but I'm sure it will get smaller seeing as I still have at least another 4 stone to lose. I live in leggings most of the time so not really noticing much as the waist band is elasticated hehe. So comfy!

Thank you, I do too. It's a shame some doctors just fob us off when really they should at least look into stuff a little more.

xx

Day 37. Sooo, week 6 is now here! woow can't believe it.

Weigh in day was on Saturday, I lost 3.5lb YAY so glad! I was on one earlier in the week. So now I have lost 15.5lb and I weigh 14st 7.75lb.

I had chicken yesterday, but I had way more than I was meant to :eek:. Instead of having 100g, I ended up having about 300g eek.

I have about 8 days worth of packs left (if I do 4 a day), but I'm going to buy some tuna, chicken and fish so I can do 3 packs a day until they run out, then they'll last a little longer. Either way it looks like I'll be making my 2nd order from S&S towards the end of next week.

On Friday I decided to try and make the oatmeal 'biscuits'. They were extremely yummy! so much so I had 2 packs of porridge that day made into the biscuits. Here's what the first set came out like (one broke as I removed it from the foil):
View attachment 47757

I have a porridge as my first pack every day, today I had a shake first so I am going to have my porridge pack in a little while, not sure if I'll have it normal or biscuit style lol. I am not sure if we're not really meant to do this too often though.

I received my weightloss plaque earlier in the week. Love it!
View attachment 47758

There was another one that I wanted, it had weight lost this week and total weight loss with cupcakes on it but it sold out before I got a chance to buy it :(

I've decided that when I've lost about another stone I am going to get my hair done. I am thinking bright red lol. I haven't been brave enough to do anything daring with my hair since gaining all this weight! I have really let myself go. I dye my hair brown at home (I am naturally brunette) every now and then so I often walk around with faded brown dye and my natural brown roots, ergh. Maybe I'll change my mind and just have a normal colour, but we'll see.

I wish the oatmeal porridge and the shakes came in a different type of packet. I can never seem to open them without the powder flying everywhere and making a mess. I much prefer the style of the exante sachets as I could tap them and the powder would drop down. My S&S ones the powder is just stuck at the top and no matter how much I shake it wont go down :rolleyes: :giggle:.

Day 38

Still can't believe this is week 6! Proof that I find S&S a lot easier than exante :)

For some reason I am craving coke zero like mad. I will get some, but not yet. Maybe in a week or two.

I had my porridge 'biscuits' again today, slightly addicted maybe? lol.

I am off to Sainsburys later as I need to buy some meat for protein as I have nothing in. Tonight I'll probably have a tin of tuna. I might also get some lettuce and spring onions so I can make a tuna 'wrap' (wrapped in the lettuce) for a bit of variety :drool:.

Wishing the days away again and wanting Saturday to hurry up. The sun was out today, was nice seeing as for days now all we've had here is rain. The sun reminded me of the previous 3 summers where I have hidden myself away or looked ridiculous in jumpers because I was too embarrassed of my body because of my weight. I am determined to be slimmer for this summer. I have just been browsing the YoursClothing website as I shopped there quite a bit since being this big, I have seen a pair of denim boyshorts reduced to £15 and very tempted to get them, they only have them left in a size 14 which is perfect because that's the size I would be comfortable wearing them at. I am hoping to fit into 14's by August, maybe I'm too keen but oh well.

I still haven't taken any before photos, I will try and get them done this week. I have also been slacking on my water for the past week too... I was doing so well with that as well.

It's weird, even though I've lost 15.5lb and I have also lost inches and I feel that my hips, boobs and stomach feel smaller... I don't really notice much difference (in the way my body feels, I totally avoid any mirrors!). I think at my short height and heavy weight it will take a 2 stone loss at least for me to notice more of a difference.

Back