Luv2BSlim's Slim & Save Diary

Day 56

Hmm I just added up my losses for my 2nd 'month' so far and I've only lost 8.5lb (5th, 6th and 7th week), as of tomorrow that will be my 8th week completed and will be my 8th weigh in. I lost 12lb in my first 4 weeks, which at first I wasn't pleased about but now I am totally cool with losing 12lb a month. But to lose 12lb in my 2nd month I'll need to have lost 3.5lb this week which I cannot see happening as my losses are always low each week. Argh here I go upsetting myself AGAIN. Oh well I'll just have to keep everything crossed for a 3.5lb loss when I get on the scales tomorrow morning... would be really awesome if it happens.

I always seem to overcook my porridge. Because it takes so long to cool down by the time I go to eat it a film has developed over the top and it's really dry and stodgy. I have been adding a little more water and cooking it for less time the past couple of days and it's more runny and I much prefer it that way

I had 100g of chicken breast covered in pepper and herbs on Mon, Tues and Wed for protein meal with some type of veg. Yesterday I had 2 boiled eggs but no veg. I'll most likely have 2 boiled eggs for my protein again tonight and I think I'll skip the veg again today too. I think I have had one cup of coffee this week so far. I've started using full fat milk, yep that sounds really naughty but seeing as the daily allowance is 150ml of skimmed milk and I only have 20ml max of milk in a day, having 20ml of full fat milk works out less in carbs and cals than 150ml of skimmed milk :) (more fat though). If I was to start drinking more than 2-3 cups per week then I would switch back to skimmed milk.

It seems as if all I am doing throughout the week is wishing the days away for my weigh in day. It's pretty much taking over my life. I think it's because my losses are pretty low compared to most so I'm always hoping 'is this going to be the week where I see a big drop or a whooosh?' but so far that hasn't happened. I need to stop thinking about it so much and just go with the flow but I'm finding it difficult.

Last edited:
wow just read through your diary, you are doing so well gz on sticking with it for so long! also I am glad to see I am not the only one who has has a small loss in their first week.

I really hope you get the numbers you are hoping for today :)

Have you been getting all your water babe??? Sometime your body just resists for a while!! You can do it hun!! Stick with it!! X

Can be discouraging when things slow down, but take a breather, focus on how well you have done and keep on trucking!

I agree on the water thing, mainly cos I am sooo bad at drinking water, I know I would loose more if I drank it my water!

Have a good weekend hun xx

Day 57

I have lost 2.5lb this week. Not quite the 3.5lb I wanted but I'm cool with that. So 23lb down in 8 weeks, was hoping for 24lb so only 1lb away!

I took all my measurements today to compare to the ones I took 8 weeks ago. I took a lot, not just my bust, waist and hips lol. I am going to list them all here in my diary...

Bust was 121cm, now 112cm: loss of 9cm
Fat pads (area just below boobs but above waist line, I call them my fat pads lol) was 111cm, now 98cm: loss of 13cm
Waist was 103cm, now 92cm: loss of 11cm
Lower waist (around belly button) was 122cm, now 110cm: loss of 12cm
Bum (around hip area) was 125cm, now 116cm: loss of 9cm
Left thigh was 76cm, now 68.5cm: loss of 7.5cm
Right thigh was 77cm, now 71.5cm: loss of 5.5cm
Left calf was 44.5cm, now 42cm: loss of 2.5cm
Right calf was 45cm, now 43cm: loss of 2cm
Left upper arm was 37.5cm, now 36.5cm: loss of 1cm
Right upper arm was 37.5cm, now 37cm: loss of 0.5cm
A total of 73cm lost (about 28.7 inches)

and the other ones people probably don't do :giggle:
Neck was 37cm, now 34.5cm: loss of 2.5cm
Left ankle was 25cm, now 24.5cm: loss of 0.5cm
Right ankle was 25cm, now 24.5cm: loss of 0.5cm
Bringing the overall total to 76.5cm lost (about 30.1 inches)

So it seems my upper arms seem to be the slowest and most stubborn. I hope they catch up soon because I hate my bingo wings!

Since putting on all this weight I only wear trousers with elasticated waidts so I haven't noticed much difference, and no 'needing to pull them up' because of it... I wish I had tried on my pair of size 18/20 jeans when I started to compare to how they fit now! oops. I also still haven't taken any before photos. I have a video of me on my phone when I started so could use that I suppose.

I still don't trust my scales on my wonky bathroom floor so I am going to weigh myself at Tesco next weekend if my car passes it's MOT this week! (it better!) to compare to the last time I weighed there just to see if my scales are telling lies or not.

wow just read through your diary, you are doing so well gz on sticking with it for so long! also I am glad to see I am not the only one who has has a small loss in their first week.

I really hope you get the numbers you are hoping for today :)

Hi Pen87, thank you! Yes I did have quite a small loss in my first week and it got me down I must admit. It's if we can keep on going or not, I have managed to even though quite a few times my weigh in has made me really upset x

Have you been getting all your water babe??? Sometime your body just resists for a while!! You can do it hun!! Stick with it!! X

Hi Deezer, I must be honest... no I haven't :eek:. I have been really bad again. I dunno what's wrong with me it's like I need a kick up the a** or something lol. I am going to make it my mission to up my water this next week x

Can be discouraging when things slow down, but take a breather, focus on how well you have done and keep on trucking!

I agree on the water thing, mainly cos I am sooo bad at drinking water, I know I would loose more if I drank it my water!

Have a good weekend hun xx

Hi RebekahR, yeah it really can :( But I am determined so not given up yet. You are right, I have to remind myself how well I have done and that losing 23lb so far is better than gaining it if I hadn't started the diet and it keeps me focused.

So, the plan is to be constantly on the loo for drinking my water for the next week lol. Hope you have a good weekend too x

Last edited:
Day 58 - Now entering week 9!

Huge well done on weight and inch loss sweetie Xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thank you Loopeylou :D. Just read through your sig here, you've done amazing! so a huge well done to you :party0011:xx

Just a quick post to my diary before I go to bed. I have been thinking about it over the last couple of weeks but today I decided that I will have a weeks break after my 12th week is completed, so in another 4 weigh ins. I hope to lose 12 lb by then, fingers crossed. I cannot say whether I'm going to just up my calories or just eat whatever, but I do plan to meet up with an old friend who I haven't seen for a few years and probably have some drinks so will come out of ketosis for that. I must admit, the thought of not being able to get back on track afterwards is worrying me already so there is still a possibility that I wont have a full on break and will just come out of ketosis for the alcohol. My friend does not know I am on the diet and I prefer to keep it that way, they wont even know I've been on a diet because the last time I saw them I was lighter than I am now! so really they'll just see I've gained weight. I can't wait to get away! the last time I had a break away from home was about 4 years ago so I am really looking forward to it. I might buy a couple of new outfits seeing as my current/before clothes will be too bigger size and my goal outfits will be too small... I seem to have forgotten about buying the inbetween clothes.

Last edited:
Meeting up with friends sounds ace,have a break and enjoy!

I'm having a break for mini staycation be around my twelve week mark- unsure how much of a break, but deffo be enjoying a little carbs!

You can do 12 lb by then hun xxx

Day 59

I had a sneaky weigh in today, no change since Saturday I'm still 14st 0.¼lb. Ah man if I had dropped even just under half a lb I would have been in the 13's... what a tease.
I know it's only been 2ish days since my last official weigh in, but I am keeping my fingers crossed I see a loss of at least 3lb this week. COME ON body you can do it! lol.

I'm wondering where TOTM is? Ever since I can remember I have always had a period every 6 weeks and it will be 6 weeks this Thursday since my last started so maybe this diet wont interfere with my usual cycle and TOTM will start towards the end of this week. I had been thinking it would arrive earlier because it started in my 3rd week of starting S&S and it had only been 4 and a half weeks since the last. Not that I want it or anything! ergh it's such a pain in the... but I was honestly expecting it to start earlier.

I'm not drinking any flavoured water anymore, just going to stick to plain water. I didn't have any coke zero this weekend, I've had it for the past 2 weekends so thought I would give it a miss.

I have been looking on the Yours website to buy something to wear when I start at the gym. I've found something that should do, it's just I don't know whether the size will fit. I've gone with the size/measurement guide and apparently right now I'll fit into an 18 wooooohooo!. I have also seen a top I like but wont be wearing that for another 4 to 5 weeks so thinking of buying it in a size 16... hmm maybe I'm expecting too much, but according to the size guide there's only a few cm's between the 16 and 18 so assuming I lose a couple of cm's in the next 4 weeks all should be good.

So now I'm having a bar every other day, so about 3 per week. Everyday I have an oatmeal porridge, sometimes 2. I also have a shake, sometimes 2 per day. Basically 3 products + my protein meal which is mainly 2 boiled eggs. I haven't got any left for today though and I don't have any chicken or anything so will have to eat the last tin of yukky tuna I have left. I might even end up just having 4 packs instead today.

I'm just sitting at home waiting for a phone call from the hospital about when my mum is ready to come home. She's gone in for colonoscopy and a camera down her throat too today, poor mum :( she's already had one colonoscopy a few months ago but the problems are still there. I hope she gets some proper answers this time! because they've been pretty useless to be honest and not helped her much, just left her to suffer with horrid symptoms. Prayingit's nothing serious xxxxx

Meeting up with friends sounds ace,have a break and enjoy!

I'm having a break for mini staycation be around my twelve week mark- unsure how much of a break, but deffo be enjoying a little carbs!

You can do 12 lb by then hun xxx

I'm the same, not 100% sure exactly how much I'll go off plan but plan to have some carbs. I think as long as we're able to jump straight back into it a break at 12 weeks is ok. I have no idea if I'll find it easy or not so will have to see. I remember wanting to have a break after 4-6 weeks but didn't because it's just too early into the diet, 12 weeks seems more reasonable.

Thanks Rebekah I hope so xx

Last edited:
Hope your mum gets on ok, I have regular colonoscopy and its not my favourite thing! Keeping fingers crossed

Yeah I think a wee break is a good thing, I know ill be worried about any gain mind LOL

Oo gym gear lovely, spandex is very forgiving as far as size!! I usually keep it comfy and functional, with a zip up top for when I want to cover up - handy when doing deadlifts( big boobs and bending over a clevage disaster LOL)

Chill and keep doing what your doing, things will start moving :)

This diet deffo plays havoc with TOM - am on my second in three weeks :-( wahh hope yours turns up soon!!

TTFN Xx

Hope your mum gets on ok, I have regular colonoscopy and its not my favourite thing! Keeping fingers crossed

Thank you x Oh no that doesn't sound nice at all :( I've never had it done but can imagine it is not at all pleasant

Mum has had bleeding from 'there' for over a year now and yesterday had her 3rd colonoscopy (I thought it was her 2nd). They originally diagnosed her with diverticular disease because of the awful stomach pains she gets. Well yesterday her results said no major diverticular disease found but she has colitus, hiatus hernia and possible barrett's esophagus. They took a biopsy from there and down below and depending on the results of the barrett's esophagus she will have to have the camera down there every 2 years to keep an eye. She's now got to see her doctor to see if she can prescribe anything for the acid reflux and colitis. I just hope they do because she's suffering all the time and I hate seeing her feel poorly.

Yeah I think a wee break is a good thing, I know ill be worried about any gain mind LOL

Lol I am worried about that too thinking about it! I think I'm going to avoid the scales until I'm back on plan for at least a week :giggle: eeeek!

Oo gym gear lovely, spandex is very forgiving as far as size!! I usually keep it comfy and functional, with a zip up top for when I want to cover up - handy when doing deadlifts( big boobs and bending over a clevage disaster LOL)

LOL oh dear I remember having that when I used to go to the gym before! I used to use the ladies only section though so that was a little better if anything 'popped' out lol. Yeah I want something that's easy to move about in, doesn't make me too hot but covers me up. I hate my upper arms so has to be at least 3/4 sleeved. I always got super super hot when I used to go to the gym so need things that wont add too much heat.

Chill and keep doing what your doing, things will start moving :)

This diet deffo plays havoc with TOM - am on my second in three weeks :-( wahh hope yours turns up soon!!

TTFN Xx

I am such a moaner aren't I :eek: hehe. Yeah I really thought it would continue with mine but not yet, not that I am moaning (did I just say that?! lol). Oh noo that sounds really crappy being on your 2nd in 3 weeks :( I hope yours start to regulate back to normal soon. Periods are a pain in the a** anyway, but if you suffer with the bad cramps it's even worse xxx

Day 60

Scales are still the same today, need to stop weighing in. Next time I get on the scales is Saturday like it should be. TOTM has to be around the corner surely seeing as the scales aren't moving and my tummy has gained a 1-2cm. Sometimes wish I was still on the pill.

Still trying my hardest to up my water and I'm getting there slowly. I read in a thread about the intake being a minimum of 3L a day and I was like EH?! so checked my S&S sheet and yup it does say that... how on earth do people drink that much I'll never know lol. I am really going to try and get mine up to at least 2.5L a day if I can.

MOT tomorrow, my car better pass! I've been without my car for over a week now and it's hit me just how much I rely on the damn thing even though it guzzles petrol :mad:. On the way back I am going to pick up some veg as I'm completely out and miss my cauliflower!!! yum yum.

Keep off the scale LOL I can't stop myself, hut during tom I know I'm only torturing myself!!

Ugg I know what you mean, I think ill ask for some hormones, can't handle this LOL

Hope your day been ok today Xx

Hey Hun Deffo keep away from the scales lol try u best to stick with once a week, I know it's hard! But Astleast then u won't be getting worked up through the week ;)

My mums the same she diverticulitus aswell as many other things! It's rubbish! Hope she is sorted soon xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Day 60

Scales are still the same today, need to stop weighing in. Next time I get on the scales is Saturday like it should be. TOTM has to be around the corner surely seeing as the scales aren't moving and my tummy has gained a 1-2cm. Sometimes wish I was still on the pill.

Still trying my hardest to up my water and I'm getting there slowly. I read in a thread about the intake being a minimum of 3L a day and I was like EH?! so checked my S&S sheet and yup it does say that... how on earth do people drink that much I'll never know lol. I am really going to try and get mine up to at least 2.5L a day if I can.

MOT tomorrow, my car better pass! I've been without my car for over a week now and it's hit me just how much I rely on the damn thing even though it guzzles petrol :mad:. On the way back I am going to pick up some veg as I'm completely out and miss my cauliflower!!! yum yum.

3L! eek I didnt realise that shows how much attention I pay. I can barely make 1.5L I don't get how people can guzzle so much down :/. Good luck on trying to increase your intake!

Hope your car passed btw :)

Keep off the scale LOL I can't stop myself, hut during tom I know I'm only torturing myself!!

Ugg I know what you mean, I think ill ask for some hormones, can't handle this LOL

Hope your day been ok today Xx

Hey Hun Deffo keep away from the scales lol try u best to stick with once a week, I know it's hard! But Astleast then u won't be getting worked up through the week ;)

LOL I have succeeded! I haven't weigh in since ;) xx

My mums the same she diverticulitus aswell as many other things! It's rubbish! Hope she is sorted soon xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you Stef. Yeah it's pretty horrid :( I hope I never have to suffer with any of these stomach problems xx

3L! eek I didnt realise that shows how much attention I pay. I can barely make 1.5L I don't get how people can guzzle so much down :/. Good luck on trying to increase your intake!

Hope your car passed btw :)

I know right! 3L sounds like a seriously huuuuge amount. I am the same, actually at the start I struggled to make 1L a day but gradually built up to 2L then just over 2L... then it slipped :(. I have been having a horrid headache the past couple of days and the same feelings I had in early week 2 so know I'm not drinking enough still

It passed! YAY :giggle:. I was not expecting it seeing as how much they have to check now in an MOT test ergh. I did get an advisory this time so got to change the front tyres before the next MOT, but that's better than a fail xx

Day 63... I think

Still no sign of my period. Oh come on already, is it seriously going to be over 6 weeks now? WAPITA. I bet it starts at the most inconvenient time... like at the weekend so I'll have to stay in because of the bad cramps! My last two times I had the most awwwwffffulll back ache and cramps, I haven't had them that bad since I was a teenager.

I haven't had any veg since the weekend and I have no idea why lol maybe too lazy to cook it. Still doing 3 packs + protein, oh actually, one day this week I did 4 packs. It's weird feeling frustrated about how I'm going to eat my packs because I really just don't feel hungry enough but I do force myself. Of course my emotional 'hunger' has not disappeared but I have actually noticed it getting less than before which is brilliant. I can actually sit and watch cooking things on TV or food adverts and not constantly think "mmm I wish I was eating that!".

Yesterday was a really busy day and that's when I would normally get a take away on the way home for quickness, and because of being so busy I would be extra hungry so order more than I should. I must be honest, yesterday I did really feel like giving in and getting a McDonalds but I managed to stay strong and didn't. Once I got home I had my packs and felt rather chuffed with myself that I didn't give in and I stuck to plan... I was proud of myself. It didn't last long though... I caught a glimpse of my boobs in the mirror when brushing my hair. The stretch marks on my right boob look worse now I've lost weight and the skin is really stretched and loose :(, it got me really down all evening to the point where I kept thinking "so I'm gonna lose weight but I'll still be gross because of the loose skin and stretch marks". I felt trapped almost like what's the point in all this! But today I'm trying not to focus on it and doing ok so far. If once I'm at goal I feel that bad about it all I'll get a loan out to get a boob job and a tummy tuck ;).

Day 63... I think

Still no sign of my period. Oh come on already, is it seriously going to be over 6 weeks now? WAPITA. I bet it starts at the most inconvenient time... like at the weekend so I'll have to stay in because of the bad cramps! My last two times I had the most awwwwffffulll back ache and cramps, I haven't had them that bad since I was a teenager.

I haven't had any veg since the weekend and I have no idea why lol maybe too lazy to cook it. Still doing 3 packs + protein, oh actually, one day this week I did 4 packs. It's weird feeling frustrated about how I'm going to eat my packs because I really just don't feel hungry enough but I do force myself. Of course my emotional 'hunger' has not disappeared but I have actually noticed it getting less than before which is brilliant. I can actually sit and watch cooking things on TV or food adverts and not constantly think "mmm I wish I was eating that!".

Yesterday was a really busy day and that's when I would normally get a take away on the way home for quickness, and because of being so busy I would be extra hungry so order more than I should. I must be honest, yesterday I did really feel like giving in and getting a McDonalds but I managed to stay strong and didn't. Once I got home I had my packs and felt rather chuffed with myself that I didn't give in and I stuck to plan... I was proud of myself. It didn't last long though... I caught a glimpse of my boobs in the mirror when brushing my hair. The stretch marks on my right boob look worse now I've lost weight and the skin is really stretched and loose :(, it got me really down all evening to the point where I kept thinking "so I'm gonna lose weight but I'll still be gross because of the loose skin and stretch marks". I felt trapped almost like what's the point in all this! But today I'm trying not to focus on it and doing ok so far. If once I'm at goal I feel that bad about it all I'll get a loan out to get a boob job and a tummy tuck ;).

Ooooooh I've having no veg either!!!! TOO HOT!!! Lol.....

Hope your feeling better today!! X

Back