Lux's diary - take 2!

Lux

Hi guys,
My second attempt at Exante TS, last time I lost about 20lb. A wedding and a baby later, I'd like to loose at least 24lb by Feb, which is when I go back to work after maternity leave.
Exante pack arrived this afternoon, so nice fresh start for me in the morning. Very excited! Am also interested to hear how much weight you guys lost in first two weeks? And some advice, am I allowed coke zero or diet coke on TS?
Thanks.

Hi. You're allowed coke zero but not diet coke. Welcome back and good luck with your weight loss journey.

I think you're allowed the tablets but not the granules.

Day 1
Had a shake for breakfast, just about to cave and have a bar 1.5hrs earlier than i had planned because I'm just so hungry. Can't wait for day 4... I hate the hunger of first few days. The worst part is not having a cup of tea or coffee :( I know I will get used to it but I had not anticipated struggling on the first day :(

You are allowed tea and coffee just with no milk in. A lot of people still add a little milk and it doesn't seem to make much difference. I sometimes make a vanilla or chocolate shake pack last the day by adding a heaped teaspoonful to my coffee. You have to mix the tsp of shake and a tsp og coffee granules with a little cold water before adding boiling water to avoid lumps.

Hi Lux, just replied to your post in my diary. I didn't realize that you're a re-starter, so my advice is wasted on you! :D

Hope it gets easier for you, hang on in there xx

Thanks for the tips Lynne, and giggle I am a restarted but last time was 2 yeas ago so it does feel like the first time, so v grateful for any advice!

I've had my 3 meals, can't face tea or coffee without milk (I usually have a considerable dash in every cup!!) so am going out in a bit to buy coke zero so I've got a change from water. I'm disappointed that I feel like giving up already :( it's harder than I remembered. I need to remember my reasons for wanting to do this. Hopefully I will feel more positive later :D

Good luck on your exante journey xxx

How have you done today?

Hello! I nearly lost my mind last night, I was so hungry when shopping for baby's food I bought myself slim fast pretzels. I traded 100kcals for my sanity, but it worked! I haven't even woken up hungry this morning! And I know I should stay away from scales, but I couldn't, I'm 2.25lb lighter than Monday morning! It's given me a boost, and am planning on starting 100% TS today, don't want to delay ketosis any longer than necessary. Thanks for asking :D

Yaaay 2.25lb lighter.
Whoop whoop well done you.
Yeah try to stay away from temptations.
Good luck for today xxx

Day 2

So yesterday wasn't amazing, but it was so much better than my usual day so I'm still quite pleased. I woke up today feeling far more positive, currently enjoying my banana shake and resisting the crumpets I made for K for breakfast! Very pleased so far :)
I'm out and about a lot today though, which in some ways is better because I'm not sat at home thinking about food all day. However I will be meeting up with friends for 'lunch'. Sitting there with a bar and black coffee will be challenging, but it's a test of willpower that will crop up regularly so I'd better get used to it! Here's to a fab day!

Hi Lux. You're doing great. Keep it up !

good afternoon Lux and a massive well done on the 2.25lb loss. Hope you're having a fab day xx

So day 2 nearly over, I had a fab day until 7pm. Went for 'lunch' with friends, where I had a coke zero and a toffee bar, and then visited a friend's house and drank sparkling water. However, I made the same mistake as last night with the slim fast pretzels once I'd put baby to bed. Even though I ate 95kcals more than Exante provides, I feel that today was a better day and easier than yesterday, so I'm sure tomorrow will be easier again and I will resist that packet of pretzels at the end of the day! Maybe I will try splitting the 3 exante packs in half so it feels like I'm eating more regularly.
I have also just read through my exante diary from 2 years ago. It was the same time of year I started, and reading it has inspired me to do better for the rest of the week. It seems the first week is the hardest so once I get through that, another 3 weeks will be a breeze?!?!

Hi Lux. If you're only having an extra 95 calories you should still lose weight but you wont go into ketosis if you have carbs. To be honest I think you've done really well so far.

Not that I'm one to advise - I had risotto for tea yesterday!

Back