Lydia's Slimming World Diet Diary

Thanks guys, yes SW does seem to be the diet for me! Very happy on it. Did a 8 mile walk this morning in 2 hours 3 mins - extremely pleased with my time!!

Did Kate's Cardiocombat dvd this morning, picked it up last week for £1 - bargain and its brilliant, it might be old (6 years) but its really good, its hard but I feel all that much better for doing it this morning. THen made the syn free pancakes for brekkie - OMG they are scrummy!! Had them with chopped banana, yoghurt and 1 teaspoon honey!!

mmmmm syn free pancakes, I MUST go find that recipe now and have a go.

Well done on the cardiocombat, I've got a DVD thats quite old that works on bums and tums and I love that still, even though its ancient. You feel like you get a real good workout. I must hunt that DVD out and prove myself right and stop procrastinating.

Have a great day Lydia :D

Did my long walk today, 14.09 miles! Did it in 4 hrs 27 mins, not a brilliant time but wanted to keep a steady constant pace throughout the whole walk which we managed with only essential toilet break. Waiting for my huge pile of slimming world chips to cook now!! I am so hungry!!

Well done on your long walk thats great. The sw chips are my fav i love them so so much :)

Well done on you big walk x

Thanks hun!

Not a happy bunny, last week I had a major binge mid week and lost 1lb this week, ive been 100% good and lost nothing in my weigh in this morning!!! That dieting law call "Sod" I think needs to be revised, I'm going to petition government over it!! Not got a good week ahead either, whilst I got loads of exercise planned ive also got two meals out!! Will just have to do the best I can and try to make senisble-ish choices

Had a terrible weekend!!! The plan was to do a 8 mile walk Saturday then 6 on Sunday, did my 8 on Saturday but struggled all the way round and nearly gave up at 4 miles, just felt really tired, aching and no energy. Did it in 2 hrs 12 which isn't bad going but I really had to push myself. Got home and fell asleep sat upright on the chair, got woken up an hour later by Mr British Gas wanting to read the meter. The meter is located behind a book case full of dvds and videos, he refused to help me move it (Health and safety reasons he said) so I had to move it myself and pulled something in my back in the process, so back is killing me now, feels similar to when you hit a nerve in your teeth!

Did get out doing any walking yesterday just resting up, hoping to do 4 miles tomorrow night - but just want I don't need 5 days before the big night!!

On a lighter note went to Pizza Express Friday night and ate off the new Legarro range (WW and diet friendly all under 500 cals) - can highly recommend it, it was lovely. I had the margaretia pizza and the middle is cut out and filled with salad!!

Morning girls.

Well I did it, I finished the moonwalk but not without drama!!

The night was freezing cold and I had 3 layers on (I can't function when I am cold)!. Got called to the start line at 2350 hrs but due to some unexplained hold up, didn't set off until 0010 hrs which I was annoyed about because it was so cold the warm up was totally wasted!

Set off ok, some of the route was very badly lit and lots of people fell and tripped, once lady even broke 2 fingers and her nose but still made it to the finish line!!

Queues to cross over the roads were horrendous - at one by Westminster we were stood still for about 20 minutes, again not good in the cold, muscles start to tighten etc.

There definintely wasn't as many loos as last year (although the organisers assure me there were more this year but I just don't believe them!). I had to make 3 emergency loo stops (servere deli belly sorry I know too much information) in total I queued for 1 hour to use the loo!! I even took Imodium at the start of the race but still was ill!!

At the half way mark I was done, I just wanted to give in, it was here that it really hit home that my fitness levels were very much depleted compared to last year and maybe I should have listened to everyone's advice and given the moonwalk a miss this year after my glandular fever, whenever I tried to up the pace there was nothing there to give - energy stores were empty!!

I was desparately trying to replace whatever was missing with glucose tablets, high protein bars, rehydration drinks - you name it I tried it - nothing was working.

At mile 15 I was trying to over take a lady who then stepped into me and I had to do a funny wriggly movement and felt something ping in my left knee.

I could feel blisters forming on my toes even though my lovely mum had invested £10 in a pair of Twin Skin socks (complaint email has gone off to them!!).

I struggled on, sometimes limping badly sometimes being able to compose myself enough to walk normally.

There didn't seem either to be as many water stations as last year and toward the end I had run out of water and really needed a drink. By the time I got to the fruit buckets I had one of the last quarters of orange - I felt sorry for those coming through behind me, they had run out of fruit - after 18 miles its amazing how much a quarter of orange helps!!

The heavens opened for the last 3 miles, I was trying to put my weather protector on but got in a muddle and a very kind lady stopped to help me put it on!! Bless her heart!

I finally saw the finish line and decided "sod it" I was determined to powerwalk across the finish line even if it killed me, I was crying my heart out. But it was lovely that my mum and aunty were there to see me across the finish line. I did it in over 9 1/2 hours a really terrible time and I am very disappointed with myself.

Been to docs first thing Monday and have ruptured cartlidge in left knee! Elevation, rest and ibuforen gel been prescribed, if its not better by tomorrow or Thursday I have to got back, but its feeling a little easier today so thats good. But no exercise for at least a week!

I don't think the organisation was a good this year as last, but they don't want to hear that, they are a charity afterall. I don't think I'll do another nighttime marathon again, but might be persuaded to do the half marathon sun walk in Bristol next summer.

So thats my drama from Saturday night, there were some highlights from the weekend though, whilst on the tube some idiot thought he'd be clever and jump on the tube just as the doors were closing, unfortunately the door smacked him in the back of the head - I couldn't surpress my giggles I'm afraid!!!

I'll post a couple of photos once Ive downloaded them, afraid there isn't one of me crossing the finishing line, I was way too emotional and a bit of a wreck!

Oh and I lost 1lb last week!!

Wow what a post hunny, well done on your amazing efforts on the moonwalk this year.
And brilliant on loosing 1lb. look forward to seeing the pictures x

Wow!! You've got me with tears in my eyes reading that post. A massive well done to you, you've got stamina hun, I'm really proud of you and you've put me to shame.

Highly deserved rep flying your way. xxx

Thanks both, means a lot to me x

Well done hun, you are an inspiration and well done on your weightloss too x

Weigh in day today. STS which I am happy with because its TOTM and I stuffed my face constantly when I was in London for the weekend :eek: and came back 2lbs heavier (despite walking a marathon!!) so had to work hard to get that off. Hopefully a good loss next week.:)

wow Lydia, well done for completing the moonwalk, I had no idea it was so long! Sounds a huge challenge so well done for getting through it:)

Thanks hun x

Had a lovely swim this morning, did 36 lengths in 45 mins, not brilliant but its a starting point. I time the first 400m which is what the sprint triathlon swimming section is and did it in 18 mins so I need to at least halve that time in the next year, at least its something to aim for.

Going to see my pappy soon - who is doing really well at the moment.

Had yummy syn free pancakes this morning for brekkie with banana, strawberries, 0% fat greek yoghurt and honey - felt totally indulgent!

Going to make a savoury lentil roast for dinner with roast potatoes, veggies and gravy might even push the boat out and make the slimming world Eton Mess for puds!!

Back