Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

And now I've got tonsillitis! I feel absolutely rank.

I'm really sorry!!
Would it be an option for you to go working solution for a few days, just so there isnt any extra stress on your immune system for a few days and give your body chance to really recover?

I'm drinking lots of water but swallowing really hurts. I didn't even bother mentioning my sinus infection to the GP because I was more concerned about my leg and now the infection has spread to my tonsils and I can't swallow! I must just be really run down. I don't often get ill which makes it even worse. When I start taking the pain killers and anti inflamatory tablets my throat might feel better. I've not been in bed today - had to get up to go to the GP - but all I've done is lie on the sofa with my laptop watching daytime tv. Watching Deal or no Deal now. I think I'm going to try and do some work tomorrow if i feel any better. This is really frustrating. I'm not going to start taking the tablets until tomorrow.

I think you can leave work till next week you need to give yourself time to heal a bit. Or your body will find some other way to make you slow down. You may need to add antibiotics into the drug mix to sort tonsils though :(

Hi Fiona. You're probably right but I've got stuff that needs doing and I can do it at home on my laptop.

That is at home on your laptop in bed or with your feet tucked up on the sofa while sipping water or tea or a shake. Might be a good time to go back to iced shakes for your throat. :D

Wouldn't it be nice if a side effect was weight loss? Why do tablets never state that as a side effect!

i hope you feel better soon x

Hi Fiona, Shrimp and Tigs. Being ill has a side effect of weight loss - I don't feel well enough to be hungry! Tomorrow will definitely be a day on the couch with the laptop. My leg is too sore to do anything else and I already spent Saturday, Sunday and Monday in bed! Hopefully I'll be better soon and trying out that new bike.

Hi Tigs and Bee. Having another day on the sofa. Still not well but my leg doesn't hurt if I keep it up and still. Main problem is sore throat, blocked sinuses and headache - latter could be because on day 4 TS. My son is getting all my tablets after work today. On a positive note the diet is easy while I feel like this. Also, I've done loads of posting!

Oh Lynne, you poor thing. Hugs sent and I hope you start to feel much better soon xx

I'm not a good patient and my 2 sons are useless nurses! They're both out today. Going to have a long soak in the bath soon.

I hope you are feeling better soon Lynne :)

Lynne..I really hope you start getting some relief from the pain

Good morning lynne, hope you're feeling somewhat better today xx

Hi. Feeling much better today. The painkillers are clearly having an effect! I actually thought my leg was better but every so often it aches again and also i get a sharp pain in the back of my knee and it feels like it's going to collapse sometimes when I walk. Had an xray this am - really hope it doesn't show any arthritis. My throat has stopped hurting too so I don't know if that is due to the painkillers. Only side effects so far hve been feeling tired and a bit stoned!
Weight wise I hadn't lost anything today but I've still lost 4lb since Sunday which is good!

Back