Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Hi Carrie. It's calorie counting today and packs tomorrow.

Thanks Carrie. Not too bad.

Thanks Carrie and Fiona. Porridge for breakfast and shake for lunch and on my way for inspection preparation!

How's the leg going?

Hi Shrimp and Bee. The leg is slowly getting better but still hurts and I'm still limping - I need to do the physio exercises! Dietwise I'm just about doing damage limitation. Had packs fo breakfast and lunch them pasta in tomato and basil sauce with cheese and a chicken drumstick for tea. Having a glass of wine now.

Hope you get well soon hun.

Oh Lynne...the glass of wine sounds good. I could just go a cold glass of rose!

best not!...as I would drink the bottle...

Hi. Did rubbish today. Boiled egg for breakfast and then at least 1000 calories for lunch! Doing without tea to make up for some of it!

Thanks Carrie. I'm fine. Work is stressful because of the impending inspection. I'm just having long tiring days and I'm tired and keep eating all the wrong things!

Hope you are OK Lynne and work gets better for you and the inspection goes well. That's the worse time for dieting when you are stressed with work so I do feel for you - well done though on stopping at the lunch and realising the calories it's great that you are still keeping an eye on them despite work being the way it is - hope you are feeling better and less stressed really soon x

Right this is a definite NEW START. Was 12st 5lb this morning. Enough is enough! I'm feeling much more positive at work! Went across to Manchester yesterday with another manager and 2 deputy managers to visit another organisation like ours to see what changes they put in place after having an inspection like the one we're due to have. Apart from train related nightmares - nothing new there - had a good day. Set off at 6.45 am dressed in business outfit, makeup on for once and looking like a 'real manager.' I tend to be really easy going and not bother about 'looking the part' normally but have decided I need to become more assertive and take less crap. (There has been a lot of back stabbing going on in our organisation recently and I don't intend being a victim. It hasn't just been directed at me - mainly at another manager - but I think it is time to take action.
I do think that feeling good about how you look does make a difference so I am going to make a concerted effort to bring about change. Image has a lot to do with it and I am going to have to 'power dress' more often. Not all the time - being approachable is seen as one of my strengths - but I am definately going to have more emphasis on looking the part and less on having a totally open door policy. Mae a start by dying my hair light brown. It had been getting blonder and blonder and after coming back from Turkey was far too light and was very dry. I used a dark blond dye (one of those new ones with oils in ) and it came out light brownish. I usually get it done at the hairdressers but I'm also economising and thought I would have a try myself which worked out OK.
Diet wise I'm still going to have a bash at 4:3 as I never really did it properly.
So far today I've had 184 calories. I'm going to try and stick to net calories of 1200 on calorie counting days and 600 on fasting days. I'll copy my food and exercise diary onto here to try and hold myself to account.
I have 25 days until Christmas day and am trying to lose a stone by then. It's definitely doable.

I'm off to get ready and put my pedometer on to walk the dog to use up some of those calories before having anything more to eat!

Back