Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Lynne...how are you doing

Good morning Lynne, how are you feeling now? Hopefully much better xx

Hope all is well Lynne.

Hi. Thanks all for asking after me. I'm still not too good, I have a septic throat and despite taking a cocktail of painkillers my leg still hurts. I haven't been posting because I'm back at work and have been having early night s to try and get better - apart from last night which was a presentation evening at work. Hopefully I'll get more time to post at the weekend. Off to bed now!

Aw Lynne! Sorry to hear that, that's rough poor thing. Was your leg x-rayed? Don't overdo it hun, I know work mounts up and you feel so guilty for not being there but if you really need some rest, take it.

Thanks for your support Bee. I'm still feeling sh... I had an xray last week but won't know the result until next Tuesday when I see the GP. The nurse at work looked at my throat today and suggested I ask for a telephone consultation with a doctor. Did this but all he suggested was to gargle with aspirin. Gill our nurse thought he would prescribe an antiseptic spray. I'll just have to wait until I see the GP on Tuesday and he sees it for himself. It isn't normal to have a sore throat this long in my opinion! I feel like a serial moaner on here at the moment. I'm not someone who gets ill that much = usually just a cold which is usually followed by a sinus infection for a week. It's really getting me down. I'm supposed to be meeting up with a couple of friends tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I'll feel up to going. Still not back on the diet and I've been eating all the wrong things so I am dreading my weigh in on Sunday - I'm going to cancel out everyone elses losses on the challenges. Hoping to go through all the diaries over the weekend.

Sorry your feeling soooo poorly Lynn, I really hope it eases real soon and your back to your old self xxx

Lynne, that sounds really tough, I'm so sorry. Maybe especially because you don't get ill much, this hits you a lot harder, when you're used to being on the go all the time. I don't know if this will help you but I find that gargling warm salt water helps with a septic throat, and lots of good quality honey, both natural antiseptics. Oh and sage tea if you can get hold of it in the health food shop, that's a great antiseptic, it actually makes you sweat a bit if you drink it a lot, meant to flush out the toxins when you're poorly and it's always helped me a lot. Sorry to be in preacher mode again. But I can completely sympathise with you and how miserable you must be feeling right now.
You're not a serial moaner, you just have a lot to moan about right now :) and that's part of the recovery too. Do you sleep all right? Because that's usually an extra downer if you don't get the proper rest. Keep posting if you feel like it, maybe it'll cheer you up a bit. And don't worry about the diet right now. Your weight isn't the cause for your illness now, so trying to lose while you're ill won't make you better either. Just focus on getting well.
Sending you lots of get-well-soon hugs :bighug: :patback:

So sorry to hear you are still so poorly Lynne!
I hope you can really take things easy over the weekend.
lots of get well soon wishes coming your way,
xxxx

Lynne fingers crossed that once you see the doctor on Tuesday you start to get everything sorted out xx

Hi all. Thanks everyone for your concern. My throat doesn't feel as bad this morning although it still looks bad - hopefully it's on the mend! Leg still hurts - I'm just hoping it isn't something permanent as I want to start exercising. I've decided to restart on exante today because eating normally for me wasn't eating healthy and I've put 4lb on in a week!

Hi all. Thanks everyone for your concern. My throat doesn't feel as bad this morning although it still looks bad - hopefully it's on the mend! Leg still hurts - I'm just hoping it isn't something permanent as I want to start exercising. I've decided to restart on exante today because eating normally for me wasn't eating healthy and I've put 4lb on in a week!

Good luck with your re start ! Sounds like you've had a tough time recently. Glad your throat is starting to feel better lets hope your leg catches up!!
Hope today goes well for you x

Thanks Lil. I'm determined to do well this time!

So far so good. After a late lie in I had a banana shake for breakfast. Going to get dressed in a minute and then take the dog out for a walk. I haven't been walking him because of my leg (the boys have been doing it) but I'm going to give it a try. I really need to get moving more. I feel like I've been vegetating for the last couple of weeks. It will then be time for a delicious exante lunch.

Does anybody know if it's possible to edit diary titles?

Does anybody know if it's possible to edit diary titles?

Go to your very first post, and click "edit post"
Then at the bottom of that page click "go advanced"
It will let you change the title from there :)

Back