Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Hi all. Had 2 boiled eggs for breakfast and forgot to take my exante bar to work so bought some chicken drumsticks. Had a bar for tea so not too bad. My leg has been very painful today and one of my colleagues suggested I try a knee support. I bought a Boots sport firm knee support at lunch time and have put it on tonight. I have to say my knee does feel a bit more comfortable so that's positive. I also bought a pedometer today - it wasn't that cheap at 5.99 half price! - and guess what I can't get it top work. The challenge is now going to have to wait until Thursday for me as I expect the one I ordered from Ebay to arrive tomorrow. I hope Tigs and GP had done well today! Must admit I'll be struggling to do too much hobbling along with my sore leg!

Oh Lynne. I do hope your leg get better soon. You need to rest it, not walk about on it !!
What is the doc saying about it all ?
:)

Thanks Marge and Tigs. The doctor thinks I've got a torn tendon behind my knee and splints down the front of my leg but he doesn't really know what's wrong. The only thing we know from certain is that the x ray showed that I haven't got arthritis which is a massive relief! Off to work now.

That sounds painful. Have a good day at work

So, can the docs not recommend any treatment then ?
It seems to me that they are letting you wing it :confused:

Good afternoon Lynne, hope your knee isn't as painful today xx

Hope your knee get better soon Lynn :)

Sounds painful. Hope it gets better soon for you.

Bloody legs's been killing me today. Spoke to the head of service about doing some work from home if I need to and about a referral to healthcare so that if the physio doesn't know what is wrong with my leg I'll get another opinion. I'm also thinking of seeing a different GP if the physio can't help. Food wise I had a bar for breakfast, four chicken drumsticks and some cheese fro lunch and I'm just enjoying a coke zero now so not too bad. I hope everyone's had a good day.

You do need to see someone else...your doctor seems a bit of a waste!,,,

Sounds like a good day foodwise, hopefully you'll get referred as you certainly can't carry on like that xxx

Hey Lynne, so sorry to hear you're in so much pain with your leg. If your doctor is right and it's a torn tendon, then an x-ray doesn't help anyway, you really would need an MRI. Stupid doctors honestly, they faff around for ages hoping that the problem will go away on its own. Push for a referral I would!

Good afternoon Lynne, I'm with the others in that you should push for a referral. You've been in pain for a while now, it's not on xx

Echo others.
Hope you get some help. Hugs xxx

Thanks all. I'm going to see the physio tomorrow so hopefully they'll be some help. If not I'm definitely going to see a different GP. There's also the option of the healthcare department at work. Set off to go to work this morning and had to turn back because my leg hurt too much. As a result I've spent the day lying on the sofa feeling sorry for myself and have eaten all the wrong things for comfort. Never mind, will try making a fresh start tomorrow. I'm starting to worry in case I've got something incurable. I've still got the couch to 5k to do and marathons to run!

Sweetie...you will be up and about soon.

see what the physio says tomorrow x

Thanks Shrimp. The physio thinks it is nerve damage which means it's curable. She thinks its the nerves that go down my leg and into my foot which is why all my leg and foot hurts. She's given me some gentle exercises to do and I've got to go back again next week. It could be sciatica and she's going to look further at my back in case it is. Although I've got to be careful and only do gentle exercise and rest my leg I've not got to take to my bed or the couch totally - as I have been doing - as I do need to have some movement. My pedometer arrived today so I'm going to do some short walks tomorrow and gradually build my steps up.

Hopefully that'll help matters, certainly couldn't get any worse for you. Xxx

Hopefully Carrie! I'll be doing Bobby Blanks by next weekend!!!!

Back