Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Gentle walking will be good Lynne :)
At least you can see the light and the exercises will help :)

Thanks Marge.

That's better news Lynne

Morning Lynne, much better news. Happy for you xx

Morning how's the leg today? X

Hi Lil. It feels a bit better but it usually does in the mornings. I'm going to make sure I take the dog for at least 3 short walks today - on the flat which is difficult where I live - and maybe do some slow walking on the treadmill. I've got my pedometer on and ready to go!

Was 12st 4lb this morning which is the same as I was last Saturday before the party I went to last Saturday night. Hopefully it will be downward from here. Since coming back from Turkey the same few pounds have been going on and coming off. In fact, I'm still 6lb heavier than when I went to Philadelphia at the end of July - although I'm 1st 12lb lighter than when I started on exante at the end of April. If I'd stuck to it that could have been 4 stones a least! Although I think I would have loose skin if I lost it that quick. All this stuff with my leg has really been getting me down but I'm feeling much more positive now. SO.... it's back on track from today! I'm going to try for 100% TS and gentle exercise. So here goes with new start 2094837465k!!!!!

Hi Lynne, glad you had good news about your leg, you sound really positive today x

Thanks Gemma. Have just made a hazelnut latte coffee by mixing a heaped spoonful of vanilla shake with a small amount of milk and a heaped tsp of Douwe Egberts roasted hazelnut coffee and then added boiling water. Absolutely delicious! I really like the hazelnut coffee despite not being too keen on any of the beanies ones. Once I've had this it will be walk no1 with Billy (the dog!). How's your day so far?

Billy and I just got back from our walk. My leg is aching more than I thought it would but I've also stopped taking pain killers as they were making me feel quite ill. Pedometer reading 2235 so that's a start. I think it might be reading a bit high because I didn't measure my stride length and left it at the factory setting. (I thought it was probably about right since I'm so short!) Will reset it when I feel better. I'm going to rest up for about half an hour and then have some lunch (exante) before doing a bit of light housework.

Take is steady don't do too much! Could the pain killers be making you feel ill because you need solid food in your belly? I had to take metformin at one point and i just couldn't do that and Exante they aggravated my belly and made me throw up x
Either way look after yourself x

Yes don't overdo it! I am good thanks . Ended up eating a few bits yesterday but only chicken and a boiled egg so shouldn't do too much harm. Off to do a keto stick to see if I'm definitely in it

Thanks Lil and Gemma. I won't overdo it but I do need to start moving otherwise my leg will stiffen up. Last time I saw the GP he said just to take the painkillers when I need them now. (Not sure what that means since my leg hurts all the time!) The problem is that they made me feel ill when I was taking them and I was eating normal food. Also the co-codamol are really addictive. When taking them as prescribed I was having 240mg of codeine a day! They also cause constipation! The naproxen tablets can cause bleeding of the stomach lining so I wasn't too keen on taking them. I'm going to see how I go without the tablets today and tomorrow. My leg still hurts when I do take them so I don't suppose it's much different. I might try normal strength paracetamol and ibuprofen. Just had a thai chicken soup with lots of garlic granules added. Going to have another coffee then take Billy for our 2nd walk of the day.

Lynne I hope your pain eases soon.
Keep doing the exercises that the physio gave you.
I still do the physio exercises for my shoulder a year on !
They will be much more beneficial to you in the long run than the pain killers :)
And try to rest too :)

Thanks Marge. Absolutely agree with what you're saying! Haven't done my 2nd walk yet but will do as over resting my leg makes it stiff. I'm doing the exercises every time I get up.

Just ordered a yoga pilates foam roller from ebay to try on my leg. Let's hope it does some good. Won't do any harm anyway!

Last edited:
Just done walk number 2 with Billy. Steps up to 4693.

Fab :)
Was it easier ?

That's excellent! Hopefully you'll notice a difference soon in the leg. Xxx

Thanks Marge and Carrie. Yes, I think the walk was a bit easier. Hopefully it will be easier tomorrow too.

Back