Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Houmous with sweetener in ? Really ?
I thought it was a savory thing :hmm:
Do you have the "Truvia" brand or Stevia its self ?
I have Stevia its self. The one I have is manufactured by Canderel :)

Yes you are right, it is a savoury thing. But i'm a bit of a cooking buff and most of the time, flavours need a bit of balancing. There is sugar in savouries and salt in sweets. Not for you to actually distinguish but it rounds it off. And I would always put a tiny bit of sugar in something very tangy. But it went so wrong :D

It was pure Stevia I had from an American brand. A white powder, so strong that even when I opened the tub and an invisible dust would come out I would taste it in the back of my throat. It was uber-sweet. Very nice flavour though. I find the stevia tablets you can buy in aldi's aren't as good. They leave a sweet aftertaste rather than making it taste sweet altogether. I once bought the actual stevia plant powder. It is green. As you would imagine but I hadn't really thought of that. But it wasn't all that smooth, quite gritty, turned everything spinach colour and it made me think of when I had to drink Wheatgrass smoothies to cleanse my liver after a harsh medical treatment, blergh!! Horrid.

Morning Lynne, well done on the calorie counting, its a wise decision not to mess with TS if your not in the right place for it. What your doing is a healthy way forward and something we will all have to do when we reach goal to maintain. Love the pictures of your walk thank goodness for some dry nice weather think the whole country were getting cabin fever. :)

Yes you are right, it is a savoury thing. But i'm a bit of a cooking buff and most of the time, flavours need a bit of balancing. There is sugar in savouries and salt in sweets. Not for you to actually distinguish but it rounds it off. And I would always put a tiny bit of sugar in something very tangy. But it went so wrong :D

It was pure Stevia I had from an American brand. A white powder, so strong that even when I opened the tub and an invisible dust would come out I would taste it in the back of my throat. It was uber-sweet. Very nice flavour though. I find the stevia tablets you can buy in aldi's aren't as good. They leave a sweet aftertaste rather than making it taste sweet altogether. I once bought the actual stevia plant powder. It is green. As you would imagine but I hadn't really thought of that. But it wasn't all that smooth, quite gritty, turned everything spinach colour and it made me think of when I had to drink Wheatgrass smoothies to cleanse my liver after a harsh medical treatment, blergh!! Horrid.

Ah yes, I see what you mean about rounding the flavour off. A lot of savory recipes do have a pinch of sugar, or sweet bakey recipes have a quarter teaspoon of salt. But yes, I bet the stevia did make it go all too sadly wrong !
I think the stuff manufactured by canderel is not as strong as the brand you have :), but still worth it for the calorie deficit :). I also bought the stevia canderel tablets the other day. I haven't noticed an after taste with them. They were on offer in asda, for a quid :)

Lynne, sorry :eek:
We seem to be hijacking your thread again :eek:
But if you do need anything sweet I can recommend the Stevia that we talk off :p. On offer too ;). And will fit in with your calorie counting :D

Hi Lynne. Well done on your step count. You are doing amazingly well. What a difference a bit of sun makes eh.

Calorie counting going well too :) x

Hi Lynne hope your day has gone well and that work wasn't too :(

Hi Lynne, how are things going xx

Still 12st 6lb but doing rubbish so won't be surprised if I gain. Good steps today though - 11232. I think I'm going to have a restart on TS next week.

I know! Unfortunately I need the money. I was at a conference today about residential care for children and young people. There was a really nice lunch which fitted well with low carbing - some really nice salmon and cooked meats nut of couse guess who couldn't resist and had some of everything. I haven't counted calories for the last 2 days but am going to start counting again tomorrow. Aalso going to go back on exante next week probably.

A buffet style is always gonna be difficult. Why not combine the two? Pack for breakfast and tea and a meal at lunch time? Carb friendly! Xxx

That's sort of what I was originally planning to do but with packs for breakfast and lunch. I've just gone totally off the rails. Definitely going to do well tomorrow!

I WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are so many of us starting again Lynne and we are all in it together!! I am starting tomorrow though so I have no excuse to binge over the weekend - as I know I will otherwise! Jealous of all the losses and I want one too!!

Come on, we can do it :)

Lets do it together ladies xxx
I will make a monthly thread on ts.
We will update our new stats and see how much we can lose in one month.
lets do it lynn xxx

Back