Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Keep going Lynne. Its working x

Well done Lynn. Hope you have a good day xxx

You're doing well Lynne. Keep at it :) x

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4 -5 BMI 31.6 no WI till April sometime!

It's the Piccadilli Hilton Sarah. Apparently they use the Hilton and the Novotel. My colleague stayed at the latter when she did the training and reckons it's nicer there.

Today has been really hectic at work. I've been chairing risk management meetings for most of the day and then 2 15 year olds were remanded in custody at Court and went beserk lashing out at the security guards. Our Court Officer was badly shaken and quite upset when she got back to the office. I think it was a frightening experience for her When she rang me from Court I could hear the pandemonium and alarms going off etc. Then we had to stay late to complete all the paperwork. I'm shattered so doubt that I'll manage to get round all the diaries tonight!

Diet wise have had 2 shakes and my pasta carbonara is cooking as I type!

It's the Piccadilli Hilton Sarah. Apparently they use the Hilton and the Novotel. My colleague stayed at the latter when she did the training and reckons it's nicer there. Today has been really hectic at work. I've been chairing risk management meetings for most of the day and then 2 15 year olds were remanded in custody at Court and went beserk lashing out at the security guards. Our Court Officer was badly shaken and quite upset when she got back to the office. I think it was a frightening experience for her When she rang me from Court I could hear the pandemonium and alarms going off etc. Then we had to stay late to complete all the paperwork. I'm shattered so doubt that I'll manage to get round all the diaries tonight! Diet wise have had 2 shakes and my pasta carbonara is cooking as I type!

You know when the young people kicked off in court and lashed out at the officers? Well thats me!
im the one who has to restrain prisoners and take them down!

Not a job I would like! Apparently all 3 security guards today were women. Apparently one of them was very large and managed to restrain one of the people and prevent him really damaging himself by headbutting the dock.

Not a job I would like! Apparently all 3 security guards today were women. Apparently one of them was very large and managed to restrain one of the people and prevent him really damaging himself by headbutting the dock.

Its difficult but interesting!
But the paperwork afterwards is a nightmare.
Hope the young people and the custody officers were all ok though.

Blimey... That sounds interesting! X

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4 -5 BMI 31.6 no WI till April sometime!

Its difficult but interesting!
But the paperwork afterwards is a nightmare.
Hope the young people and the custody officers were all ok though.

Fortunately they were. The yp were very tearful - they moved them into a cell together because they were so upset. One of them had some bruising to his head where he'd been headbutting the side of the dock. They apologised to the custody officers afterwards - they were shaken by what they had done. The custody officers were thankfully unscathed. It must have been very fightening because our court officer cried when she got back. One of the difficulties for her was that she felt it had been a bad decision to RIC in the first place (for breach of bail and going equipped) and the whole thing shouldn't have happeed.

STS again today!

Good grief Lynne, my work gets exciting when I drop a paper clip!!

Well done on keeping up TS. I know what you're saying about being so tired, although with me it's not my job but the rest of my life that's exhausting me, but I wish I had more drive in me to exercise. Apart from the total lack of time, I find myself just wanting to actually sit down at night. And vegetate. Last night was a typical evening, what with doing some cleaning, then putting dinner on, writing a few cards and wrapping pressies (family visit soon), then ASDA delivery, I didn't have dinner till 8.30pm which is late for me coz I get up at 5am. The thought of actually doing something physical then is totally repulsive :D

When it kicks off it really kicks off by the sounds of it. . Then all you can think of is was there anything that could have been done better to prevent it from happening in the first place . Then the risk management, paper work, action plans !! Life eh.

Sounds like a good day diet wise, so well done Lynne. Hope today is gentler on everyone xx

Lynne, what make of treadmill have you got. I have managed to persuade my hubbie that we need one :).

Doing a bit of research first cos they're not cheap & don't want one that's not very good. x

Good good what a busy works place! Hope it's much calmer today. Sounds like diet-wise you're doing well, fab! xx

Hope you are OK Lynne - my job is so dull compared to what you have going on in yours but maybe I shouldn't complain - it must be stressful hope the ladies involved are now OK. Well done diet wise you are going great x

To be fair it was many years ago I was in the Hilton but never been in the Novatel there I don't think......

Sounds like you have had an action packed time!! and here is me just sat waiting to start my new job! lol x

Fortunately they were. The yp were very tearful - they moved them into a cell together because they were so upset. One of them had some bruising to his head where he'd been headbutting the side of the dock. They apologised to the custody officers afterwards - they were shaken by what they had done. The custody officers were thankfully unscathed. It must have been very fightening because our court officer cried when she got back. One of the difficulties for her was that she felt it had been a bad decision to RIC in the first place (for breach of bail and going equipped) and the whole thing shouldn't have happeed. STS again today!

To be fair the custody guidelines for juveniles are very strict these days and they are only normally sent to custody as a very last resort.
Magistrates seldom go against the YOT recommendations either so maybe your officer just had a very tough bench and there would have been little else she could do about it!

Hope you are having a great diet day x

Oh dear rubbish day today! I'm not even going to tell what I've eaten!
My treadmill is a reabok Susie. It was expensive but I bought it half price in the argos post Christmas sale.
It was a tough bench MM but also, they had breached their bail numerous times before and just been rebailed. You're right about a lot less yp going to custody. Our numbers in custody are very low compared to a few years ago.
I'm too tired to spend long on here so will try and catch up tomorrow night.

Hope tomorrow is better Lynne x

Ditto what Sarah says, hope tomorrow is much better xx

Back