Lynn's Diary - My Big Fat Weight Loss Journey

Lynn I was reading your progress the other day and now that I see a current pic I can't keep my mouth shut, hehe. The thing is, you look amazing!!!
You don't look overweight at all; I'm sure you'll look very slim when you reach your goal;)

The belt is beautiful (I personally just buy fake leather - ethical questions) but I buy lots of fake leathers and furs and would totally buy the belt (if it was fake leather). Anyway you have been making an amazing journey so I think you deserve to give yourself that gift if you really want it:)

"No one can go back and start a new beginning but anyone can start today and make a new ending."

I love that quote, its so relevant to how I feel at times and how I can get stuck in trying to recreate old new beginings and getting lost in times way back whens

I saw the quote somewhere on the internet a while ago, and it resonates with me in many ways. There are so many things in my life that I would like to go back to and change, but thats not the way things work. You have to get on with life and enjoy what you have. Regrets are natural, but there were things in my life that were out of my control, especially as a child. These things have kind of haunted me all my life, and have occupied too much of my time in my memories. I cant change what happened then, or at other times in my life, but I can face today and not let it rule me anymore.

It also applies as well to having regrets about not dealing with my weight when I could have. Im on my way to a slim future now, and it feels pretty good. My life is good because i choose for it to be and that goes for keeping the weight off as well. If i choose to stay slim, i will be.

I do find it hard to accept how i look now though. I still distrust mirrors although i totally delight in them. Its the mental image thing. Mentally i am still around 14st or 15st, thats how i see myself. Im reluctant to change my profile pic because i was at a weight i can relate to (i was 15st then). When i was at my heaviest i still had a mental picture of me at around that weight, so seeing my reflection then was hard, now i still disbelieve it lol.

I ordered the belt today :) I could resist no longer haha

My life is good because i choose for it to be and that goes for keeping the weight off as well. If i choose to stay slim, i will be.

That's the way to go;)

And I'm glad you ordered the belt; you deserve it :)

You are looking really good Lynn. Really slim. You should be really proud, especially after eating a rich meal like that.
You're such an inspiration to us mortals!! lol

Oh the belt, you'll be stalking the postman lol

Yey glad you ordered the belt, totally deserved!

Lynn, you must get the profile picture changed, you are not that person anymore, and whilst I think you looked good, you look so different now. All part of the process of your head catching up with your body I guess, but how lovely getting to know your new body and fabulousness !

You're so right about regrets, not worth it and all our experiences make us what we are today.

Xx

Ohh my belt got delivered today! That was pretty quick, i only ordered it yesterday, got delivered by fedex and one of my neighbours took it in for me.

I had a thoroughly miserable day at work today, was in Wales and didnt leave till nearly 5pm, so it was a long drive home in heavy traffic which didnt help my mood any. So was really delighted to have a sparkly belt to wear! I keep asking son how it looks on me, i think he is sick of my new belt already lol. Serves him right for eating chinese takeaway tonight. I never did like sweet and sour much but it was a challenge not to steal a bit lol.

Ive given up trying to buy small sliced hovis, I think tesco get 6 loaves in a day and sell them all by 10am. I end up with the remnants of a stale loaf to make my lunchtime sandwich. So yesterday i bought a full size hovis loaf, its more calories and carbs (92 cals and 15 carbs a slice instead of 59 cals and 9.5carbs) but was so much more filling, and still only about 260 cals for a ham salad sandwich.

Im making a really delicious thai curry for dinner now, i posted the recipe in the recipe section but its about 30 cals more than the other curry i made. I quite like eating the same food every day, if its stuff i really like, i dont have to think too hard about food then and having a curry everyday keeps my longing for indian food under control.

Food today
B. exante shake - 200 cals 18.5 carbs
L. Ham salad sandwich - 260 cals 32 carbs
D. Thai curry - 330 cals, probably 8 carbs

Total 790 cals 58.5 carbs

I saw someone mention avidlite dietimeals on a thread, so i had a look at them. They do a chilli flavour protein meal that comes in at around 135 cals and 3 carbs i think, and some soy based nut type snack thing that i liked the look of, that are around the same count. Sometimes i get a bit hungry but dont want to eat anything much, just enough to take the hunger away. So these might do the job and next month i want to push my cals up to about 900 a day. Anyway i ordered 7 packs of each to try them.

Lynn, you must get the profile picture changed, you are not that person anymore, and whilst I think you looked good, you look so different now. All part of the process of your head catching up with your body I guess, but how lovely getting to know your new body and fabulousness !

Xx

I totally agree!

You really don't look like the same person. Now you look so much younger (around 45, not 55) and you look happier:) Embrace your new self and don't be afraid of change your profile picture;)

Oh dear, my delight at staying the same weight after the weekend has been deflated, i was 12.1 this morning...........sigh........

It does make you wonder how you can gain 2lbs!!!!! when you eat less than 800 cals a day lol. Still, I guess it was delayed reaction from the weekend. Nevermind, im sure it will go down again soon enough. My stomach feels very bloated today too, and looks bigger. Not much more that i can do than im already doing. Maybe more excercise..................thats a BAD word, bad bad word....

Ive been having a bit of a sort through my wardrobe. There are a number of items that are now too big for me, so ive been moving them out to the spare wardrobe, the one that used to contain all the clothes that were too small for me!
Im gutted that my lovely Monsoon chunky cardigan now wraps around me, Im still gonna wear it for a while until its hanging off me, I love it too much to discard just yet. I bought that in July when i was 15st, so i guess its time is coming to an end.

Im also gutted that I finished reading The Help today, loved that book. And I only bought it just before the weekend.

I bought a suit for a wedding in July and that's a gonner now. Only wore it once! I'm doing the full wardrobe trawl this weekend. Might find some nice stuff that fits me again but i will lose the suit and two jackets.

Don't worry about the 2lbs, the same thing happened to me last week for no apparent reason.

By the way, you look great in the new photo!!

Hello Lynn,

Do you eat 800cals always or just when you want to loose weight quickly? I'm asking because it seems little, but I also now that metabolism decreases as we age, so maybe it's just right for you... Anyway, I think you need a lot of self-control to make it, so congrats for that;)
And yes, exercise will help you loose:p

Just for curiosity, what does "The Help" talks about? I think I never heard about that book...

Hello Lynn,

Do you eat 800cals always or just when you want to loose weight quickly? I'm asking because it seems little, but I also now that metabolism decreases as we age, so maybe it's just right for you... Anyway, I think you need a lot of self-control to make it, so congrats for that;)
And yes, exercise will help you loose:p

Just for curiosity, what does "The Help" talks about? I think I never heard about that book...

Hi Aline
Ive had an 'interesting' journey weight wise over the past few months. I never actually 'went' on a diet, it kind of got foisted on me by my doctor. Frankly I had given up hope of ever losing the weight, especially as im post menopausal and it gets harder to lose weight then. I was diagnosed type 2 diabetic about 6 or 7 year ago and ive faffed around with various meds trying to get it under control. My doc was basically at her wits end with me, how she didnt boot me out long ago ive no idea. She has a lot of patience with me i guess. Anyway, she put me on a new injectable med that wasnt insulin, neither of us wanted for me to go on inuslin, especially at the weight i was as insulin is dreadful for trying to keep your weight down. This new med works great, except it makes me very very sick. So i suddenly had to learn how to exist on very little food in order to keep anything down. As a result for about 4 months i could only get through around 400 cals a day, and carbs just made the sickness worse so i avoid them to a greater degree now. And of course the weight dropped off me. Which was wonderful. In the last month ive been trying to increase my calories, and im upto around 800 a day now. If i dont have the injections i dont get sick, but of course i run the risk of blood sugars getting out of control. So i miss the occasional one in order to have a meal out for instance, or go away for the weekend, but i still avoid the carbs as much as possible so that i dont put myself back at square one again.

Having lived on such little food for so long now, i cant eat a great deal now anyway, which is also good for keeping the weight off long term, but i do recognise that i cant go on eating so little. I take supplements such as vitamin pills and cod liver oil, and ive really noticed a benefit from them. My skin and hair hasnt suffered from eating so little, which is pretty good. So now i have to find a balancing act between not getting sick from the meds and eating enough, but at the same time i want to hit my target weight. At the moment eating little suits me, as im still (mostly) losing weight. When i get to my target weight, thats when my problems will start, but ill worry about that when it happens. Over time i will get better at tolerating the medication and im already way better than i was. I dont want to come off these meds because in 7 years its the only thing that has worked for me blood sugar wise, and the fact that it has made me slim is just a miraculous bonus.

The Help is a fiction writen by Kathryn Stockett, but loosely based on her own experience. Its about segregation in America in the 1960's focussing on black woman working as maids for white families. An utterly compelling book, I would urge anyone to read it.

Don't worry the 2lbs will vanish in no time, loved your last post, so nice to see a summary of your journey as its a reminder of how incredible your achievements have been. Have a fab weekend xxx

Oh my goodness i feel sick and bloated today. I had a shake this morning for breakfast and wish i hadnt. My stomach feels like it has a rock in it. Fortunatly i was working fairly close to home today and finished early so im going to bed, gonna wrap up in my warm fluffy dressing gown and read my new book, Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger. Its pretty absorbing so should take my mind off how im feeling today, which is just yucky.

Have you read Journeys in the Dead Season by Spencer Jordan? It's an amazing book, a tad creepy in places.

OMG that picture is amazing! How much further until your goal? You look fab as you are now, I'd freaking kill for your legs!

Have you read Journeys in the Dead Season by Spencer Jordan? It's an amazing book, a tad creepy in places.

OMG that picture is amazing! How much further until your goal? You look fab as you are now, I'd freaking kill for your legs!

Aww thanks Pink! thats cheered me up no end. I dont have far to go, 10lbs now. It WAS 8.5lb but my weight is playing games with me again lol.

I just looked that book up on Amazon, its not in Kindle format unfortunatly but i was able to buy a copy for the bargain price of £1.39 with free delivery. Its gonna cost them almost that much to send it lol. It sounds fascinating, gets good reviews on Amazon so ill look forward to reading it.

Having lived on such little food for so long now, i cant eat a great deal now anyway, which is also good for keeping the weight off long term, but i do recognise that i cant go on eating so little. I take supplements such as vitamin pills and cod liver oil, and ive really noticed a benefit from them.

I think you're on the right way. Avtually, I believe most peopple should take supplements, mainly those who diet. I think the fact that you're taking supplements just shows you're a sensible and wise person.
For example, I'm vegetarian and I also make sure to check my blood levels once a year and I take a multivitamin (Solgar V2000), just in case.
As I use to say, I'm all for being thin and make diets, but only if done adequately:p

Just keep up taking suplements and check your blood levels from time to time and I'm sure everything will be fine;)

Back