Lyonsie's Dukan Experience

Lyonsie

First of all I would like to thank you all for the support and information I received since I started on this 'journey' on April 16th, 2012.

Special thanks to ChrisR, CaledoniaDreaming, Paulinegin, CPL, Jojo25, ellie1969 and a lot more too. Ye have been great to encourage and its been good to read your experiences too.

I found out about this diet while in France for Easter from a guy who did it last year and has kept the weight off. My OH had a few stone to loose (I would never have suggested it to him) and he had the idea to loose but lacked the motivation until he met Gasbard again. I decided to do it with him and we havn't looked back.

We have been very rigid with the diet and foods allowed but did 'tweek' some things to suit our taste and did not suffer from doing this re. out weekly weigh-in.

That's a start to the Dukan Experience for us, will fill in the 'tweeks' in recipes over the next few days.

Thank you Lyonsie!

Cyberspace is a funny old place sometimes but this forum is just brill - friendly, helpful, fun and addictive! :D

Love my MM pals :D

P x

Delighted with myself, 1lb down this week. I can't believe it really. Thought it would all settle down with the re-introduction of veg every day except PP day and having my own wholemeal soda bread every day too.

Anyway, the confession about my 'tweeking' of Dr. Dukan's allowed foods.
I have never 'dry' fried anything.... sometimes just oil and sometimes butter and oil.... Still lost weight!!!
I have always used 'low' fat everything... milk, yoghurt, creme frais, philli.... bought quark and hated it!!! Still lost weight!!!
Not really a porridge lover so until I reached True Weight Date I used to have my oatbran in yoghurt every morning, and as this is not a thing I could carry on with for the rest of my life.... I started to have a weetabix with my oatbran and sweetened with Agave Syrup every morning with low fat milk... Still loosing weight.... OH has his oatbran in regular porridge.... and he is still loosing weight too.

That was some confession! I think as this is a 'Life Plan' as the good Dr. puts it, we have to be able to maintain it for the rest of our lives and doing/eating something that is alien to us will get us off the 'track' sooner rather than later. As they say 'a little of what you like is good for you'...

Thanks Pauline, and I had a peek at your facebook page, loved the wedding photo's with the T.Shirts (so original). That is one gorgeous little guy you have there, hope all goes well and there will be two of them on the beach next year...

Awwww great to see you are still doing well & love the confessional :)

great to see your doing so well :)

Glad to say I have gotten my sister and mother following Dr. Dukan also. They are just amazed at the transformation in my OH (he has lost 2.5 stone)... he hasn't been this size since a young teenager. Havn't seen him for almost 3 weeks as he went to France while I stayed to 'babysit' my 'baby' (19 yrs old) through his exams!!!! Going out on Sunday morning with our grandaughter (5 yrs) and looking forward to it. Hope the weather picks up!!! It has not been the best over there but sure its better than here...
Bought him a lovely 'jumper' for want of a better word in the sale today. Two sizes smaller than usual, so he will be delighted. He says all his clothes are falling off him and I believe him. They were loose on him going, some didn't even make the trip (went into a charity bag) they were swimming on him.

Another confession..... something I very rarely do..... I did today.
I had an orange aero chocolate bar, then two cakes (buns) not creamy ones though, then 2 slices of brown bread with butter and egg mayonaise and then some 'spicy' chicken thighs.... Sinfull or what?

Thats my confession, it will be all systems go tomorrow and strict from sunday as OH is a stickler.... and he is still on cruise till 9th July even though he reached his TW a month ago....

Weigh in on Monday morning!!!

Oh my !!!!!! "Another confession..... something I very rarely do..... I did today.
I had an orange aero chocolate bar, then two cakes (buns) not creamy ones though, then 2 slices of brown bread with butter and egg mayonaise and then some 'spicy' chicken thighs.... Sinfull or what?" Very sinful Did it affect your wi today ?

I just had to take a break out of this scorching sunshine, so instead of checking Facebook I am going to update my 'experience'.
Came over to France with my granddaughter on June 24 and have been reasonably good. I have had wine, cheese, baguettes, meals out, biscuits, nibbles, ice-cream and anything else I wanted (all in relative moderation) and guess what..... I am 9st 4lbs. :thankyou: Thank you Dr. Dukan for the regime and all of you for the inspiration and helpful hints and recipes.

There was the week I put up 3 lbs and the week I lost 2, the week I stayed the same at my 3lbs up, but I just did an extra PP day and it all returned to 'normal service'. I am lucky here in that there are great cycles paths and walks, and a great Aqua-gym session every weekday morning so I can keep active and exercise even when my back is in bits. The Aqua-gym is great for that.

I finished Conso on 17/7/2012 and was 9st6lbs on the day (we had visitors!!). OH has lost so much that he will be on Conso until late Nov, so that is basically me type of on it too (great supporter I am). He has lost 3st and when we calculated his TW on the 'Dukan' site it was recommended he get to 13st12lbs, he is now 12st9lbs. Looks fab too and is loving getting a new wardrobe over here in the sales.... got a few nice bits myself too....

Thanks for all the support and will keep updating (if only to remind myself that this is for life)....

You'd better keep us updated Mrs, or Im after you LOL

I find its - 2 or + 2 when im 110% Dukan when I have too much of whatever e.g. champagne (the other week) Ive put on an extra 2 .......... Im only getting weighed at the weekend so do hope some of it has gone. Its real life though Lyon if you get what I mean .............

Thanks for all your kind comments. I have always been of the opinion that 'a little of what you like is good for you' though it's hard to limit yourself. I am still of the same opinion but know better how to limit myself.
I brought a Toblerone with me from Ireland and have still to open it. Will do it some day soon!!! I only take a square at a time, so not worried. The best thing is making my own wholemeal bread. I use fat free yoghurt instead of butter milk and it works great, and agave syrup to add a little sweetness. I use agave in the morning in my weetabix too, have used it since we discovered it last year.
Have had some 'savage' headaches after wine and champers, so its a good deterrent!!!! Love the odd glass of Pineau and will keep having them, a little of what I like.... It's common sense I think and making it work for yourself, I am glad I stayed with the half-fat stuff and the odd extra addition as its what I would normally use in cooking and its no point loosing weight using 'stuff' you would not usually use and put it all back on again when you go back to 'normal' as the good Dr. advises....

Don't know if this works, but am going to try to upload a recent photo of ourselves looking slim, tanned and happy....

115.jpgfrance 2012 005.jpg

It worked......:0clapper:

Back