M-Mouse's Droppings

Cheese is carb-free and I'll stick with 0% fromage blanc and skimmed milk - am used to them now!

Lots of walking helps fix the calcium as does a decent dose of sunshine!

and you don't have the wild fluctuations either (a little more at NY I notice)... but I've been messing with low carb for a while now...

Yep Jo :) a combination of takeaways and alcohol at new years and the days surrounding it :)....not the "norm" but gave myself a kick up the arse - I'd been so good through xmas and then sorta blew it with 6lbs gain around new years :eek: d'oh...still back in "the zone" :)

Thanks for posting the article, Vicky:). My main health worry is diabetes, it messed up my parents' health so much and my brother has T2 now (although he controls it well - with meds).

So low-carb for life it is then. I'll survive!

For me it'll be moderate/measured carb intake for life :) when the weight's shifted :)...will tinker to see what I can get away with while attempting to live healthily but not obsessively in the real world :) xxx

Wish I could say the same... but, realistically, I know I won't/can't.

Will you be following the full dukan plan forever Jo? :) I know you'd be Dudu's teachers pet ;) if we were in a diet class ;) can I pull your pigtails? :D xxx

If I were to say "yes" (I'd follow the full plan forever), at some point, I guess I'd have to do Conso (again), so I'd have to say "no" to that one...

But I'd be kidding myself and you if I said I'd low carb for life!

As for pigtails, I have it loose today... flowing stickyouty locks!

Hair sounds nice :)....

I don't think any of us "really" know where we'll end up :) but failing to plan is planning to fail :)...seen that in myself in the past....

plan plan plan :) and then review the plans when you reach them :D xxx

Evening everyone. You are all very welcome to chat away in here; it was really nice to catch up with it all on the way home on the train.

I should be out to play late tomorrow afternoon, but that's it apart from that for this week I'm afraid - bloody work!

Delivery arrived from Tesco this evening and I don't think I could get any more meat in the fridge if I tried! They sent me 4 bottles of leaking bleach so I got it all over my hands unpacking the shooping, and they ruddy sting now!

Food today (for Jo!)

B on the train 2 sausage and egg mayo
l rocket and chicken salad
s atkins choc bar, 50g cheddar
D I had cooked a duck but it's qute late now so don't really want anything - duck tomorrow then!

No exercise today, apart from walking to and from the station both ways, but back not up to a lot else.

Not sure what I am going to do for life? ...... after dukan and dieting that is. I was low carb really to start with. Something to think about anyway.

ouch at those hands - you MUST complain! (and, as a "Watchdog" viewer, check your bill as there are lots of errors apparently! always in the shop's favour, of course)

(and I'm intrigued to visualise your eating sausages and egg mayo on a crowded commuter train in the morning! yum yum!!)

You've not eaten much today mouseymouse... not so good...

your salad was just rocket + chicken? nothing else?????

I agree complain LOTS :) it's a hazardous chemical...they should bend over backwards to gag you over it :D.... free shopping next time perhaps? :D xxxx

JO :D

b - atkins choc shake
L - gammon again with rocket and avocado and mustard mayo
D - steak with kale
s - dunno
Ex - prob not
a - nope
w - yes but not as much as yesterday (6 litres again!)

Mouse yes complain i have before with fabric conditioner and i got refund.

This gammon - are you really eating 250g each day? (I love gammon with pineapple!)
Same question - just rocket? Or some other salad too? I can't imagine just eating greenery with no cucumber, tomatoes, celery etc...

This gammon - are you really eating 250g each day?
Same question - just rocket? Or some other salad too? I can't imagine just eating greenery with no cucumber, tomatoes, celery etc...

I've got some gammon in one of my freezers... brought it back from Blighty!

yummy. I boiled it in carb free calorie free ginger beer, its heavenly!

would need pineapple tho... so I'll hold off for that for now.

Did I tell you guys I bought an Atkins book in England? I forget which one (New Revolution maybe?). Haven't open it yet but it's good to know that I can have a bit more or this or that and not come out of ketosis, which I'm learning from you guys. OK my carbs are higher than you guys but not that high.

So Vicky, you said you wanted to up your carbs, why not do it with a galette or something? My oatbran + wheatbran isn't adding on many carbs (without even getting into the "do we keep it/should we count it as the oatbran is indigestible" discussion)...

Why don't you guys eat other salad ingredients? Aren't they allowed? Or don't you like a mixed plate of crunch?

Tomatos are higher carb so I'm skipping them for now, but I add celery to my spinach. Next week I'll probably have cucumber.
For me its a I get too much waste if I have multiple things to put in salad as I wont use it all up before it goes off.

oh I see... yes it's true that I've wastage trying to get raw and cooked veg into my week... OH obliges by finishing off the tomatoes, but the greenery he leaves (hence I switched to iceberg cos it lasts all week!)

brussel sprouts are very carby... apparently... according to MFP!

Back