MAC Cosmetics - worth the money?

From what I have heard, MAC cosmetics are wonderful, and I'd love to buy myself a few. The problem is the price tag :eek: are they worth the money?

IMO yes, I love MAC! I agree it is slightly expensive but worth it. stays very fresh looking all thoughout the day. The roll on eye coloursticks are brilliant! Vx

yes as they last ages !!! a majoritie of cheaper brands are actually 70% water!!!!! so its better to buy expensive....you can get samples/testers of mac from ebay which are half price!!!!!

More than worth the money - In fact I think they are cheap for what you get. because they are so well made and highly pigmented you use less make up in the first place and it lasts sooooo much longer than cheap and nasty makeup. Sorry I know I sound like MAC's PR woman but I love love love it!

I totally agree with the others, SO worth the money. I recommend if you have an outlet shopping centre near you which has a cosmetics store giving that a go. We have one in Portsmouth which sells designer/professional cosmetics at as much as 50% cheaper than the RRP!! I get most of my makeup from there! xxx

the difference between expensive make up and cheap make up is the quality of the ingrediants in.. typically they're made to a better standard.. and last a lot longer.. esp foundation.. it isnt really important which mascara you use because its all about how well you apply it.. important to have a good eye pencil.. with eyeshadow.. i just buy cheap powders cos like to make my own up.. like mixing things together.. always important to have good brushes.. and sponges.. :)..

x x

I think the eyeshadows, pigments, lipsticks, fluidline eyeliner and blushers are great! Though the mascara is pretty poor and the lipglosses are far too sticky for my liking and the skin makeup is brilliant but gives me spots. But the stuff I like is definately worth the money and it lasts for ever!

omg im a total mac-oholic! duno if im allowed to post links but theres a great website called specktra and it has thousands of mac lovers who post pics of their make up:p and latest news on collections! its a addictive collection!

i would deffo invest in mac items! they will last 4eva!

omg im a total mac-oholic! duno if im allowed to post links but theres a great website called specktra and it has thousands of mac lovers who post pics of their make up:p and latest news on collections! its a addictive collection!

i would deffo invest in mac items! they will last 4eva!

It looks like an excellent resource:

Specktra.Net

^oh most definantly it is! i sometimes get the members to order collections 4 me which we dnt get over here! its excellant x

agree! I love MAC! Unfortunately being a student I can't buy all I want to but I do like to buy a treat every so often, plus I find that the women in store are so helpful. I'm completely addicted to the lip glass. Super glossy and stays put for ages.

Some of the MAC stuff is very dissapointing. Their mascara for one, I bought it at full price, and my Rimmel £3 mascara worked 10 times better! The eye colours are very good, I don't really like the foundations as I can't seem to get my skin colour, or the blushers.

I think Bobbi Brown is a lot better than MAC for foundation and other base skin stuff like concealer and blusher.

if your planning on buying mac you can get a mac makeover for £25 and all that money goes towards the products and that way you get a good idea of what would be good to buy. i have a few mac products, i love the silicone eye liner and have a bright blue eyeshadow, had them years and still going!! paid about £10 each well worth the money

Some of the MAC stuff is very dissapointing. Their mascara for one, I bought it at full price, and my Rimmel £3 mascara worked 10 times better! The eye colours are very good, I don't really like the foundations as I can't seem to get my skin colour, or the blushers.

I think Bobbi Brown is a lot better than MAC for foundation and other base skin stuff like concealer and blusher.

i agree i have had better foundation i find the mac one flaky, but the eye colours and eyeliners and second to none

I think MAC are generally better for make up aimed at decoration (lips, eyes, blush etc) but for basic, staple make-up items such as foundation I suppose it depends on the kind of coverage you want etc. I don't tend to wear foundation so I'm a happy MACcer lol

if your planning on buying mac you can get a mac makeover for £25 and all that money goes towards the products and that way you get a good idea of what would be good to buy. i have a few mac products, i love the silicone eye liner and have a bright blue eyeshadow, had them years and still going!! paid about £10 each well worth the money

oo i did that for my 21st! i agree about the foundation but then again im not a foundation person as luckily i have very clear skin but it depends what sorta coverage you're looking for. im a eye and lip makeup person!

I use MAC concealer, studio fix foundation, the mineral powder and the blot powder on my T-zone. Yeah, I like MAC cosmetics :) .

MAC is wonderful stuff....both me and my daughter love the stuff...we both have very fair skin and MAC makes the only foundation we have ever found that suites us and lasts all day....also she used to suffer from acne and the studio fix foundation woeks wonderers and doesnt block her pores...also recomend using a MAC foundation brush to get a really good result. Also worth getting the make-over.

Back