Maccalenny's diary

A lovely ud, veggie full English for brunch, a 9 bar flax and some veggie crisps as snacks, and tea will be salmon and cheese fish cakes (Morrisons, not mine), with roasties and cauliflower cheese and veggies, with trifle for pudding if I have any space. Then kids to bed, a nice open fire, bottle of red and a bit of peace and quiet with OH. Feels like the only time in the week we see eachother!

Loved my up day yesterday..I did manage to go for a walk, only a couple of miles, but it is the first exercise I've been motivated to do for a while. Hopefully today I'll get some yoga in.
Dd today. For the last couple of dds at home, I've been avoiding food till about 11-12, then having 4 snacks/meals between then about about 6pm, which is normal tea time. That stops me feeling too hungry, and I go to bed early as I get up early, so no worries about evening munchies. Today may be rather different, as my daughter kept waking me up from 3am onwards to know if it was time to watch strictly come dancing yet...really wishing I had just let her watch it last night! So now I'm very tired and really hungry, and its only 7.30am.
On the plus side I'm starting to shift the cold and cough, so am looking forward to feeling better next week.

:wow: Congratulations on being overweight :D you are doing so well, 5lbs in 8 days, awesome.:stickdance:

Thank you, I am rather happy about it!:happy036:

Ive had a lovely day today...not that down, sadly, but a lovely day! I took daughter to Kenilworth Castle and we had a great time. We were there so much longer than expected, we had to get something to eat, which for me was a scone with butter and jam. :doh:
Oh well, that cancels out the need for tea...

two up days for me now, then an intermediate on Weds.

Wow that is so good well done 5lbs! Woo hoo for being overweight, hopefully i'll be joining you soon!

Made laugh re club penguin, my son (who is nearly 6) ha just discovered it but he's not really old enough to be able to do it properly. He's so desperate to play it though! My 11 year old had 3 years of being obsessed with it too from age 7-10!

What are the flax bars like and where do you get them from? I do really need to stop eating mr kipling xmas cake! Its only 157 cal a slice but not very nutritious.

Where does the idea for an intermittent day come from? I'm going back to 5:2 this week as 3 fasts for me last week was just too much.

Well done again! x

well done for the weightloss and the walk!!! I struggle with exercise motivation, my excuse is that I have no time with the kids etc. So tonight I'm going to the opening night at a new gym with activities for kids while parents exercise. Lets hope the boys like it!

Wow that is so good well done 5lbs! Woo hoo for being overweight, hopefully i'll be joining you soon!

What are the flax bars like and where do you get them from? I do really need to stop eating mr kipling xmas cake! Its only 157 cal a slice but not very nutritious.

Where does the idea for an intermittent day come from? I'm going back to 5:2 this week as 3 fasts for me last week was just too much.

Well done again! x

Thanks!

The 9bars were from Morrisons, you can get smaller ones at 200 calls or larger at 260cal. I know that's a lot but they are so filling and have lots of good stuff in them. They do also have some sugar and honey unfortunately but they are great as a slightly healthy treat!
the ID....I'm not sure where the idea came from, I can't remember whether it is the book or not but a few people on here seem to do it. I think I will struggle with full-on dds at work regularly, so the option of a few more calories is one that might work better for me.

well done for the weightloss and the walk!!! I struggle with exercise motivation, my excuse is that I have no time with the kids etc. So tonight I'm going to the opening night at a new gym with activities for kids while parents exercise. Lets hope the boys like it!

Good luck..it is really hard to motivate after a day at work after sorting out the kids, chores etc. I did some yoga last night, but nothing tonight....too tired from work! Hope the gym thing works out well.

The gym was good, but they're not quite ready yet. Not all the classes are up and running, and they haven't got the kids club set up yet either. I'll give them a call next week and aim to join for December.

Yoga is great and is the only form of exersice I ever enjoyed! why I don't do it more often is beyond me :confused:.

Are you on an UD today? Enjoy xxx

I'm the same with yoga..I love it, I feel great when I do it, so why don't I do more? Daft! Hopefully I'm rediscovering some motivation now.
glad the gym sounds positive for you. What sort of classes are you thinking of doing?

im up today, then intermediate/down tomorrow. What about you?

My aims for the next little while:
1. For my work trousers to feel a bit looser. One of my main reasons for restarting this was to avoid needing to buy some bigger ones!
2. To get under 13 stone.
3. To get under 12.8....the lightest I have been since my daughter was born 7 years ago.
4. To get under 12.4 ....the lightest I have been since my son was born 11 years ago.
5. To get under 11.10...the lightest I have been in about the last 20 years!

I'm in no big rush for all this, but it is nice to plan it out and think I might really get there! I'm also looking forward to rummaging through some bags of clothes in the loft, as and when I fit back in to them. Plus the fun of buying more, of course...

1. For my work trousers to feel a bit looser. One of my main reasons for restarting this was to avoid needing to buy some bigger ones!
3. To get under 12.8....the lightest I have been since my daughter was born 7 years ago.
4. To get under 12.4 ....the lightest I have been since my son was born 11 years ago.

I'm in no big rush for all this, but it is nice to plan it out and think I might really get there! I'm also looking forward to rummaging through some bags of clothes in the loft, as and when I fit back in to them. Plus the fun of buying more, of course...

Loving this! Am going to copy :) You'll get there!

I'm the same with yoga..I love it, I feel great when I do it, so why don't I do more? Daft! Hopefully I'm rediscovering some motivation now.
glad the gym sounds positive for you. What sort of classes are you thinking of doing?

im up today, then intermediate/down tomorrow. What about you?

it is yoga that interests me the most, and maybe Zumba. They have a cool cycling studio as well but I don't see myself using the rest of the gym TBH.

It is nice to have small, achievable targets, you can do it! You'll soon get into those vintage clothes and be buying loads of new stuff too :)

Thanks...I like the idea of lots of short-term goals that may only take a few weeks, I'm much more likely to stay motivated that way.
A good day today for my ID. 2 pieces of toast for breakfast, fresh salmon salad for lunch and a tub of skinny soup for tea, with a few cups of tea. I've no clue on calories but I'm calling it intermediate! The hardest bit of the day was that there was home made rice pudding for lunch at work...I was so nearly having some when I remembered I was on a dd..sooooo tempting! Hope there is something nice tomorrow when I'm on an up.

Sounds like you've had a good day calories wise today!
Well done for resisting the rice pud - although I have to say I feel the same way about that as you do weetabix! :yuk:

Those work trousers will be feeling loose soon :)

Back