Maccalenny's diary

Madness..how can you prefer mushy weetabix to gorgeous rice pudding? My mum used to make it when I was little...happy memories! My OH eats weetabix, heated in the microwave...the smell makes my stomach turn.

Mmm stop talking about weetabix you'll give me the munchies! If I get hungry I'll just think of rice pudding.....! My mum used to make it too and I think its the thought of the skin that used to form on top that I don't like.

Have to agree with you there actually.....my dad considered it the best bit thankfully, which spared the rest of us!

No more mentioning weetabix, I promise!

A nice ud today...toast and honey for breakfast, spicy rice and Prawns with salad for lunch, a flapjack for pudding, and spelt spaghetti with quorn meatballs for tea, with a couple of Nairns oatcake biscuits..the dark choc chip ones. And a few cups of tea. Very busy at work today, so I'm worn out and ready for a day off tomorrow, even if it is just to do the cleaning and washing! I've eaten all my skinny soup, so the first job tomorrow will be a trip to the shops to stock up...can't face dd without one!

Your food is sounding very good to me right now in the final stages of my dd!

I have a recipe that needs spelt spaghetti so thats reminded me to get some. I've never had it but I enjoy spelt bread so will give it a go.

Have a good dd!

A nice ud today...toast and honey for breakfast, spicy rice and Prawns with salad for lunch, a flapjack for pudding, and spelt spaghetti with quorn meatballs for tea, with a couple of Nairns oatcake biscuits..the dark choc chip ones. And a few cups of tea. Very busy at work today, so I'm worn out and ready for a day off tomorrow, even if it is just to do the cleaning and washing! I've eaten all my skinny soup, so the first job tomorrow will be a trip to the shops to stock up...can't face dd without one!

That was a nice UD, well done!

Today got a bit more complicated than expected when I realised this morning that a party I thought we were going to tomorrow night is actually tonight. I'm dd today and ud tomorrow, so considered swapping, but then I'd have a ddd which I don't want to do. Then I thought about scrapping the dd completely....noooo, bad thought!....so I think I'm going to still aim for a dd but if it comes in as an id, not be too worried. I know I've not lost any this week, and am probably going to be up a couple of lbs, so it's not about the weight. I just really want to feel like I'm in control of my eating, not the other way round. If I choose not to eat, I don't want to feel pressured, by myself or anyone else, to do so. If that makes sense!

ive been keeping an eye on my weight through the week and I'm guessing its totm. I say guessing because I don't have periods due to the type of contraception I use. I sometimes get some indications.eg wedding ring feels a bit tight, a bit crampy etc, plus I hang onto weight for a week or so. So it's not about a loss this week for me, just about keeping on track to improve health long term, and fitting it into my life.

So tonight I want to prove to myself that just because food is there I don't have to stuff myself! I think it is a buffet rather than sit-down meal, so hopefully I won't look rude if I don't eat. Really hoping they haven't got veggie stuff in just for me.... Think I'll drive us home to avoid the drink temptation too.

Keeping on track is what will get you where you want to be in the end. Last week on another diet would have been the point I threw the towel in after a sts so early on. I think the losses with fasting are better to look at over a month than weekly. In fact next time its totm I'm not even WI, don't need that low feeling when I see the number on the scale!

p.s even if you do end up indulging tonight its not the end of the world, even one fast a week is beneficial. Enjoy your weekend!

Good loss so far, and don't fret if you don't lose this time, it's only a number for an odd week in the general scheme of things, and won't have a significant affect on your long-term & short-term goals

Hope you enjoy the do tonight, have fun

Thanks both, lots of good sense!

it went fine actually! Yesterday was a strange day...I felt much much less hunger than usual. I did decide to eat just before we left for the party, not because I was starving but because I wanted to avoid that later. That brought me to about 300cals for the day. At the party, just to be polite, I had a boiled egg and a tuna sandwich. I drank diet coke, which I never normally drink but it looked less odd than tap water. I know I could have just eaten and drunk nothing but this felt like a good compromise. It was a great evening, met up with lots of family that we haven't seen for ages and really enjoyed it.

Im really pleased because I was concerned at the start of the day and nearly wrote off the dd altogether...in fact it was my easiest to date!

Now I need to get out of bed and WI. Not rushing because I know I haven't lost, but, like Louise said on her diary, it is not sending me off course at all, while on other diets I might have wanted to give up .i feel so in control of my eating.....I love Juddd!

Sounds like your doing really well. It's a nice feeling when your DDs click into place and you don't feel half as hungry as you'd expect :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well the scales did surprise me. From what I've been at through the week, I was expecting to be a couple of lbs up, but in fact it was just 0.2 lb up. So I was 13st 9.0 lb. very pleased! And celebrated with a lovely big cooked breakfast... Saturday morning treat!

Ooh a nice surprise again today! Had a lovely ud yesterday...veggie breakfast in my favourite cafe in town, a few nibbles through the day, then a huge Chinese takeaway in the evening with the family. So I was fully expecting to see a couple of lbs up, as usual after a good ud, but I have sts at 13.9. Happy days!

Back