Maccalenny's diary

Congratulations on doing day 1. If you are still able to move after a few days I may give it a go. Though I don't think I've ever looked forward to exercising in my life! Well, I did like walking on the treadmill but that was because there was a huge big tv on the gym wall right in front of it :)

Even with the tv, I never much liked the gym! I think it was the sweaty smell....

I ordered some pterostilbene ages ago, they finally arrived today. I think I'll take one a day starting tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous about them as they lower or control blood sugar I believe, and I don't want low blood sugar on my dd at school. But there are so many good reports about their effects that I really want to give them a go.

I ordered some pterostilbene ages ago, they finally arrived today. I think I'll take one a day starting tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous about them as they lower or control blood sugar I believe, and I don't want low blood sugar on my dd at school. But there are so many good reports about their effects that I really want to give them a go.

I love my supplements but never heard of that one before... I just googled them and they do sound promising. I hope they work for you.

An intermediate day today in the end, as I had a headache this afternoon after work, so decided to eat to avoid it getting worse and ending in a migraine. Don't know if it was due to dd or the pterostilbene but I don't think so, more likely to just be the busy day. So I had about 500 cals, leaving me at about 850 for the day. The headache has eased a bit but I'm in bed early, going to get an early night.

Hope you're feeling better today?

Hi, yeah, feeling ok today, but a bit lethargic following bad head yesterday. Thanks for the kind thoughts!
pterostilbene is a version of resveratrol, which is recommended in the book I think. Some say it is a better version. As I forgot to take it today, I'm not in a position to report it's usefulness yet!
I've eaten tonnes today, a bit of a reaction to the headache as well I think. Quite looking forward to dd tomorrow.
no shred today, aiming to do it tomorrow, early on in the day before I'm too hungry!

school Christmas play tomorrow....my little'un is Mary! It's one of those inclusive jobs where everyone in key stage one is involved somehow....loads of sheep, shepherds, angels etc, performing lots of songs. Mary has one line, she's been practising it for weeks!

Christmas is coming too fast, I'm so disorganised this year. Getting a bit stressed about it!

How sweet for your little one enjoy the nativity :) i still remember my lines from the only speaking part I had in a nativity 40 years later :)

Her line is 'Come at look at the baby, Morris'. Unfortunately, at dress rehearsal, 'Morris' had sat in the wrong place, so there was one of those classic pauses apparently, when they all look at each-other, and then in stage whispers tell Morris to sit where he should be so Mary can deliver the line to him. Today I've suggested she just says it anyway, whether Morris is sitting next to her or not. She's not convinced....

Weightwise this week, my lowest was 13.6.2 yesterday, back up to 13.8.2 today, so hopefully after a good dd today I should be on for about a lb loss.

Nice NSV today....back into an old pair of jeans!

Aww bless her the 4 year old i take care of is star number 6 and all her lines our shouted at an ear perforating level but i bet on the day she loses her nerve and whispers

Good luck with your down day to day and fingers crossed for the scales tomorrow

Oh oh oh cuteness! I already know I'll be an emotional wreck when my little one is in the nativity. I feel emotional just thinking about it!

It was very very cute. Bless her, she sat beautifully, didn't pick her nose, wave her skirt around, have a row with the shepherd next to her (yes, all of these were going on elsewhere on stage) and she said her line nice and loud. I was very proud!

also proud that shred went well, despite it being a dd. I am feeling a bit of pain in my knees, that I remember having when I did Davina a couple of years ago. So I'm hoping that 3 times a week will be ok, although I know I won't be 'shredded' in 30 days! I can feel some new muscles developing and a bit less of that 'loose skin' feeling.

WI tomorrow!

Mines a nose picker at the most inappropriate times! Ha.
Good luck for WI! X

Thanks! Today has been a good dd, and felt quite easy. 9bar for elevenses, some carrot and cucumber mid afternoon, and a quorn cottage pie for tea. About 500 I think. Lots of herbal tea....no more wasting cals on milk in tea on dds!

the cottage pie was gorgeous, and really filling. If I'd been bothered to do a few veg to go with it I'd have been stuffed! It may be my new favourite thing.

It was the school Christmas fair tonight...lots of cakes and chocolate for sale, and wine and beer....didn't really feel tempted!

Last edited:
Scales showed 13.7.2 today, which is a loss of 0.6 lb since last week. A bit low, but a loss nevertheless! Two days ago it had me at a lb less than that so I'm happy I'm going in the right direction! I think the reasons for the smaller loss may be

1) doing the shred...a bit of muscle has definitely appeared, which can only be a good thing.
2) I've done 2 dds and an ID this week, as Wednesday was difficult. Need to aim at a proper 3 for next week.
3) my uds have been a little more up than usual i think.

So the plan is: to use the mfp calorie counter on a couple of uds just to see what I'm coming in at....it might be way over, I really have no idea. To keep shredding as I like it, and I don't mind a bit of muscle weight! And to get a better dd midweek.

Today is an ud, parents are driving over from Norfolk to deliver Christmas pressies. We are having lunch, then putting up the decorations. Tonight may be a takeaway, if hubby gets his way. And there will be wine involved! Maybe not the best day to start calorie counting.....

Well done on sticking with the shred. You're right, i bet that's the reason for the smaller loss. I'm the same as you, I'd rather lose slowly and know its just down to muscle gain.
Have a lovely UD x

Mum and stepdad have left, we did a pre-Christmas Christmas Day, as we won't see them till January now. So, in keeping with tradition, I've eaten much too much and feel a bit sick. The icing-topped mince pie, which sounded like such a nice idea, is making my stomach churn a bit now. Can't say I would recommend them, really sickly-sweet.
Thank Christmas it's a dd tomorrow, I really need one!

Back