Maccalenny's diary

Two nsv this week! I haven't worn my proper wedding ring since the start of the summer holidays, when it was getting too tight. It fits fine again now! Also, I wore a pair of trousers to work this week that I only just fitted in when I was 13stone, half a stone lighter than I am now.

:happy096: for the NSVs!!! Also good luck for your new targets, I'm sure you'll make it xxx

Weird...I've been 13.7.2 for 3 days now, despite a very large curry and a fair bit of cider last night. True weight still thinks I'm 13.7.4 though.

I know lots of people aren't keen on daily weighing, but I know that for me it is the only way I will stay on track. If I don't weigh, I'll wander off plan very fast. And I'm fascinated by the changes....or no changes!

I was saying how I still feel a bit stressed going into a dd.....well that was different today, completely forgot about it and was on the way to the kitchen this morning to get breakfast...only just remembered in time! The day is going well....it's just gone 11am and I'm really not very hungry yet. I'm aiming for two snacks and a main meal tonight, so the day is looking fairly easy.

Im started to pack for the Christmas holiday.....the challenge of taking presents to and from in laws without going over weight restriction on the aeroplane! We have explained to the youngest that Santa will be delivering some here, some there, and we've asked in laws for small light gifts only!

Wow sounds like you are getting ready for a big whoosh :) Where are you going for christmas?

So happy you are less stressed about your DD.

Funnily for me today's DD feels really hard in a weird way, I haven't eaten anything yet but i feel kind of hungry and nauseous at the same time and a nagging feeling that fasting is just not good for you. My first week of dd I felt a little bit liek this kind of spacy and not well but had a very bad cold, I am wondering if it is becuase I am coming down with something (hope not as go on hols on wednesday) or it is because part of me wants to be in the christmas holiday eating mode and feels like I should be having something yummy. I am determined to just ride it out .

Teresa

Wow sounds like you are getting ready for a big whoosh :) Where are you going for christmas? So happy you are less stressed about your DD. Funnily for me today's DD feels really hard in a weird way, I haven't eaten anything yet but i feel kind of hungry and nauseous at the same time and a nagging feeling that fasting is just not good for you. My first week of dd I felt a little bit liek this kind of spacy and not well but had a very bad cold, I am wondering if it is becuase I am coming down with something (hope not as go on hols on wednesday) or it is because part of me wants to be in the christmas holiday eating mode and feels like I should be having something yummy. I am determined to just ride it out . Teresa

I too think you're in for a good whoosh soon Maccalenny!
Teresa Im doing a DD/ID today and I too felt like that, AND I'm full of cold. So I bet that's it x

Thanks both...a whoosh would be nice!

i felt spaced out and nauseous on my first few, but the feeling has gone now. I did have a cold coming that first week....I hope it's not that, so your holiday is not spoiled!

A very comfortable dd. ryvitas with laughing cow cheeses and salad for lunch, quorn cottage pie and veg for tea. Feels too easy today, not like a dd at all!

some aims for the week:

to do 2 exercise sessions
to drink more water, particularly on dds
To only have one pudding at work this week
not to eat biscuits at breaktime
not to eat mindlessly when I get home from work.

I aim to do these most weeks, and manage most, but having them written down might help me focus on them a bit more.

A very comfortable dd. ryvitas with laughing cow cheeses and salad for lunch, quorn cottage pie and veg for tea. Feels too easy today, not like a dd at all!

some aims for the week:

to do 2 exercise sessions
to drink more water, particularly on dds
To only have one pudding at work this week
not to eat biscuits at breaktime
not to eat mindlessly when I get home from work.

I aim to do these most weeks, and manage most, but having them written down might help me focus on them a bit more.

Good aims :). Well done on a nice DD x

Ended up as an id as I'm feeling a bit unwell..think I've got the bug my kids had last week. At least it's out of the way before Christmas.

Thanks! I've stopped feeling so sick but tummy is rather sore.

I'm bewildered at my daily weighins at the moment. I've been exactly the same weight now for FIVE days!! Through 2 uds, 2dds and an id with a dodgy tummy, my scales are firmly stuck at 13.7.2. This morning it did briefly show 13.6.6, then 13.7.0, then...... Yeah, it's 13.7.2 again.

Since I started, my weekly weighins have been

13.9.0, lowest 13.7.8, highest 13.9.8
13.7.8, lowest 13.6.2, highest 13.9.6
13.7.4, lowest 13.6.4, highest 13.7.6
13.7.2, lowest so far 13.7.2, highest so far 13.7.2

So as far as I can see, my official weight in dropping very very very slowly, my lowest weight is going up, my highest weight is coming down. My concern is than my true weight graph is converging at about 13.7, and my body clearly really likes this weight!
I'm away from 22nd to 27th, then OHs birthday, then away again 29th and 30th, during which time it's going to be hard to juddd at all, so while I might try for a couple of ids, it's basically going to be a break from juddd. I'm thinking my body might need one already, as the dds don't seem to be doing much for me at the moment. Then once I'm home again I can reassess and try to break through to below 13.7! I know I'm likely to go up a bit in that week off, but my in laws, who we are staying with over Christmas, will have planned every meal down to the last pea, and will be quite upset/offended if I don't eat.

So the rough plan is: dd 21st, id 23rd, dd 27th, id 30th. Then back to normal, probably with a bit of extra weight to shift, but maybe my body will sail straight past 13.7 without even noticing it this time!

any thoughts very welcome....

I bet after that break from judd you'll break the plateau. It must be annoying being stuck at a weight, but at least the scales aren't going up :)

Been doing some thinking.....I've realised that over the last 2 weeks my eating hasn't exactly been low GL on uds, although dds have been better. I haven't been cooking much, there have been a few ready meals etc on ud evenings. So that is something else to focus on to get my weight moving. After Christmas I think I'll do some menu planning to avoid the lure of the ready meals. My family are a pain to cook for....son is typically picky, hubby doesn't like fish or tomatoes or too much veg, I don't eat meat. Lots of quorn may be the way to go!

Today was supposed to be a dd, but I was back at work having been off for 2 days with a bad stomach....I was feeling wobbly at the start of the day so decided to leave the dd and just eat sensibly. Next dd will be Friday.
Gues what the scales were today......yep, 13.7.2. No change there then!

Today was supposed to be a dd, but I was back at work having been off for 2 days with a bad stomach....I was feeling wobbly at the start of the day so decided to leave the dd and just eat sensibly. Next dd will be Friday.
Gues what the scales were today......yep, 13.7.2. No change there then!

Hope ur feeling a bit better now. It's hard doing a DD when ur not well x

Back