Mad Ramblings of a Yo-Yo Dieter......

Popping in with one more good luck wish for tomorrow maisie :D

Positive thinking girl!!!!!

Rx

Fingers, arms, legs, toes and eyes crossed Rose :D

Wooohoooo! Jeans! That's wicked! It has to be the best feeling being able to gently slide into something that only a few weeks ago would have needed some sort of pulley device rigged up to the side of the wardrobe to get in to.
Best of luck for tomorrow.

Good morning all :wavey:

2lb off for me :) of course, was always secretly hoping for more, but am quite pleased with that! Better than 1!

It does mean I've got to my first mini-goal so have gone from 'obese' to 'overweight', which is nice :D

I've just changed my goal weight slightly too, I was aiming for 9st which I think was just too low for me...... I've never actually been 9st in my adult life, the lowest I ever got to was 9st 6lb a few years ago so I've changed it to 9st 10lb, which I think is a bit more realistic.

Fingers crossed for all the other Monday weigh-ers :cross: I'm off now to leap about with Jillian for half an hour :rolleyes:

Hi Maisie

Welldone 2lb is still something to cheer about and its enough to inspire for another week you must be pleased:)

I was thinkng about getting 3stone in bags of sugar.
Put them in my lounge and im not allowed to move them unless i lose the wieght of eachbag.

Wonder if they would drive me insane enough to do it better. lol

I think i will try some Jillian bouncing:D with you.

Not sure if its your thing but theres some recordings of a man who was preparing for a 25k run.

He made recordings and he talks and runs you through each week up to 9.

You run and when a beep goes you walk. im thinking of giving it a go. Theres a thread on here with it in i can find the link if you like.

Your right with your wieght expectation Maise.
I was 12 stone at 13yrs old and i was on the athletics team at school. with out an ounce of fat in sight.

These predicted wieght graphs are nonsence in my eyes.

GL for this wk bud, keep up the good work:). xxxx

:woohoo: maisie

well done, I am so pleased for you..see mystic rose was right ;)

Now on to another week for us all :)

look how far you've come already maisie, that goal will soon be within touching distance :D..and all that exercising is paying off for you :)

Well done again and have a good day!

Thanks guys :)

LFM, I think I've heard of that, is it the "Couch to 5K" thing? I've got slightly dodgy knees, not sure if that would make them worse? I would like to look into it though, I've always fancied being able to run...... :eek: Sounds like a good idea with the bags of sugar lol, I'd end up moving them though, they'd get on my nerves!

I actually did Level 3 this morning on the Shred :eek: and it was effing brutal. Still loving it though, it's definitely working :D

I had some good news this morning too which I think I can credit Jillian with ;) I have a torn tendon in my right shoulder, had a scan about 3 weeks ago on it and I was back seeing my GP this morning to discuss it and I was telling him about the Shredding and how actually I think it is helping my shoulder and he agreed when I explained the sort of exercises I do, push ups, plank jacks etc.... lots of which are floor work so using my upper body. He got me to do some exercises with him to test my shoulder's strength (last time I saw him about 6 weeks ago I could barely do them without being in alot of pain), there's one where he held his hands up in front of him and I had to push my hands against him..... well, I almost sent him flying across the office :eek: He said my upper body strength was "very impressive" and said he might need to get the DVD for himself :8855:

So the upshot is I don't need to go for Physio now, he told me to just carry on with what I'm doing and it sounds very much like the tear is healing itself (with the help of Jillian!) :D

:D great news, no more physio needed, see what a difference your exercising is doing to you, changing your life in all kind of ways :)

Bet your doctor regrets asking you to join him in a couple of exercises now :eek: lol, well done superwoman!!!! ;)

Time for lunch for me, then a jog (ha ha KIDDING :eek:) a briskish (is that a word:confused: :)) walk around the village.

Keep up the good work!

Oh yes, "briskish" is definitely a word...... well, it is now ;)

Lol @ "superwoman"..... I am She-Ra, hear me roar!! ;)

Maisie what excellent news, life without pain is so much nicer and what a bind having to get to physio each week too.

You have me concidering that dvd now. i have a bursar problem in my shoulder. They wanted to inject it...i said no way.
Its healed now but took 10 weeks.

Push ups!!! i didnt realise you were doing those, my god, i dont think i could do 1.
You go girl:D

Lol Sugarblomme, why thank you very much! I do try not to take too much notice of the BMI charts (even my GP says they're only to be used as a very rough guide) but it's nice to have my first mini goal done :D

LFM - press ups are horrific and I'm not very good at them :eek: I can only manage 2 or 3 before I have to drop to my knees and do the 'easier' version so don't be too impressed lol ;)

Heya! Congrats on the loss, that's wicked!
It's amazing that you've managed to heal your shoulder on your own! The dvd must be really good.
I'm well chuffed for you, keep it up!

Thank Pink and Lift :D

Hi Rose :) <waves>

God, what a day! Have been at my friend's house ALL day helping her move bedrooms around as she's due to have baby no. 2 in 3 weeks so can't do much heavy stuff. I must have burned off a few hundred cals I reckon hoofing boxes and furniture around :eek:

Grrrrr, I've just phoned up about the Spinning class tomorrow to see if I need to book a spot (never even thought about it before tonight) and yes I do and no there are no spaces for tomorrow :cry: Am gutted! Have been looking forward to it for nearly 2 weeks and had my gym bag packed and everything <stamps feet>. Am most cross! Mostly with myself for not thinking before that I'd need to book a bike :eek: Nice lady on the phone told me you can only book 7 days in advance so advised me to call first thing tomorrow to book my space for next week.

Oh well....... I've still got my Shredding to keep me going and swimming on Thursday too.

Hope everyone's had a good day, off to catch up on some diaries now :)

Back