Madchef's Diary

great diary i will be popping in and seeing how you are getting on from time to time.. keep it up and congrats on the dropping bra back sizes.. i like how your counting the loss in inches rather then obsessing with weights xx

Well I went to the Doc today and one of the reasons was to get my weight check, this was disappointing as it was on a different set of scales and he didn't think they were right but I was down 125k- 268.5lb I then went to my Sister's as she has a good set of scales and she said it read 120k = 265.2 lb so I am losing but I am not quite sure how much BUT measurements are great and to me that is what matters.

I'm a bit disappointed at present cos I don't seem to be moving at all, definitely on a plateau. Weight n measurements have not changed for a week or so. What I don't understand is Women's clothes sizing, I was wearing size 28 in trousers but they now hang off me and are dangerous to wear as the leg length is soooooo long, yet here Marisota | Plus Size Clothing | Plus Size Women’s Clothes and Fashion | Marisota I should be wearing a 28/30 I don't understand it and am quite depressed as I wanted to treat myself with some size 22 off the peg from Asda's at Christmas :cry:

I have just got on, comfortably, a size 26 trousers, that have no give and a size 24 top but that has some give, I give up :confused:

I've had a wonderful day

I've had a wonderful day and you will never guess what I have been doing :p Well I have gone thro' my wardrobe sorting what I can wear and what is now too big, heehee. I have found 6 pairs of tailored trousers that I can wear size 24
6.gif
the multi size baggy ones 26 - 32 have been relegated to a black sack until I can settle and then I will alter them accordingly. I altered a couple or pairs, taking up the hems and elasticated the back of the waistbands so they fit better. This weekend I will tackle the blouses n tops, can't wait
3.gif

It was a lovely day :D

we must be on the same wavelenght i did the same thing about 3 hours ago. i threw out a lot of clothes i hated, determined i wont fit into them again. (hope im not presuming anything or ill be out rooting in the dump this time next year:D)

dont feel down about sizes, my mother was a dressmaker and she always told us not to go by sizes, as every dressmaker is different, to try them on instead.

good luck. your doing great :)

its great when you can have a wardrobe revamp isn't it , i am looking forward to when i can do that too , i have differing sizes to choose from lol
you are doing great , keep at it , the plateau will move

I must admit to finding it a lot easier just lately to stay on my diet I think it is because, 1 - the Fall prevention Class exercises are making movement so much easier so I have been able to put in some moderate walking and 2- the Calorie counter program is really helping me keep an eye on my intake and as I am finding it quite easy to keep under the 1500 cals per day that I set myself. On top of that my waist measurement is creeping down, lost another 1/2" this month, September, already :D

:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance: My waist measured 46" this morning so I am doing well this month, my official weigh is next Tuesday so it will be interesting to get the results.

I did have a day out with my Patchwork group on Monday, fabric sale :D and we had lunch out and I had a lovely fish, chip n mushy peas lunch. I know that must sound daft but I intend to stay on new way of eating for life and there is no way that I will give up my favourite meal, along with my wine, for life so they will have to be incorporated into my lifestyle, with common sense of course. Oh n yes I did take my blue pill, I take them with me in my purse, and yes I got Tango'd the following day but the lunch was worth it :p

I love reading your diary,great inspiration :) i too have a dodgy knee,it grinds and crunches and its a pain when walking up stairs :( other bits of me ache and really hurt sometimes,my doctor is doing some tests...im convinced that im going to need something doing with my knee,and im only 30 :(

wish you luck with your op and good luck for tuesday :D

Hiya Bunny, has the doc recommended anything for you to take for your knee, I had a lot, and still have a lot of relief by taking Omega 3 and Glucosamine, but I do find it is worth paying a bit extra and buy the good ones of the WWW, even the lady in Boots says there's weren't much good :( You are really young to be getting such probs with your knee, take care.

just popping in to say hello, hows it going?
hope things are good, and that you have a lovely weekend planned...
:)

Nope boring me.. we have been do busy if late that we have got a free weekend and intend on relaxing and maybe catching up on housework and ironing. bboooo

My mum is a very big quilter. and my hubby worksfor the company that distributes clover. and a lot of other haberdashery products.

You are just like my mum.... she is the same :)

Hi Joany,my doctor wants to get all my blood results back first before giving me anything,i had the lost lot took yesterday so when i go back in 3 weeks i should have all the results back.im a terrible bleeder and my veins arent that good so always need to go twice :(

How you feel about your quilting is exactly how i am about books,i love my books :) i treated myelf in waterstones yesterday :D its nice that people have hobbies and can be passionate about them ;)

have a fab-u-lous weekend (i went a bit craig revel horwood then of strictly come dancing, i love that,i used to dance ) :D

Hi everybody I haven't been on for a while as I have not been too well. Went to the Docs as I have been having giddy turns and he thinks it may be Blood Pressure probs so come next Monday I start the rounds of blood tests and pressure tests :sigh:

I have been fighting with my diet as when I have a bad giddy turn I have an uncontrollable hunger urges so I have probs. My waist is down to a comfortable 46.5" and on my scales my weight reads 122.5 kg = 271 lbs so although I am struggling and I have lost ground a bit this month I am still positive.

sorry to hear you have not been well.
hope you get well soon, and that they find out why..

keep positive. and as soon as you are feeling better get back to the diet :)

awww, sorry to hear youve not been well...

really,hope you feel better soon, take care :)

Back