Madchef's Diary

I had the best night for decades last night, I packed up in a huge black bag, ready for recycling, all my old size 30 n 26/28 tops and replaced them with all new size 20/22 it was such a wonderful feeling, this weekend it is the turn of the trousers etc. :D:D:D

Its a fab feeling that's for sure, I've done numerous trips to the clothes recycler over the past couple of years :D
x

Mutton dressed as lamb!

Today I went out with my Sister and for the first time in my life, I am 67 next month 68, I went out in a pair of Jeans :eek: They are a pair of slimline pull on ones, size 24 so they are not too tight. I also had on a new pair of ankle boots with a size 22 top and a denim jacket, boy did I feel good:woohoo:

My sister assured me that I did not look like Mutton dressed as Lamb, that was what I was worried about, she said I looked good and she normally tells the truth. I have another wardrobe sort out to do this time to sift out all the over sized trousers n coats, it's costing me a fortune to keep tidy but it's only money :D

Aldi's food when on a diet

If any of you are lucky enough to have an Aldi's near you do try and visit often they really seem to be on our side. A new item I found this week was "Rice Cakes", the one I tried had a yogurt coating and they are gorgeous and even better only 84 calories each, 38g fat. They are a good size and nice and filling.

They seem to be adding things all the time,this morning I had a bowl of porridge with dried fruits in it, delicious, and.......... well they have so much all I would say is pop in, often and investigate as I can honestly say it is the selection of lovely food from them has been the secret of my success to date.

Hi Madchef, I know those rice cakes and they are absolutely delicous. Trying to find somewhere that does the ones with just the yogurt coating, only seem to be the chocolate coated ones and once I get the taste of that I am off on a road to "destruction"! lol!

Could really feel your great pleasure at being able to go out in your new outfit, just soo special isn't it? Makes me even more determined to get to my goal a.s.a.p.!!

Keep up the good work...:)

Well done Joanny, always love to peak at your diary hun, you're doing amazing!!

im trying on some of my clothes this week i have various sizes, and im hoping i throw some out this week,and never look back!

well done hun!!

Fantastic Madchef!!!! Well done!!!!

funny-new-year.gif

I hope you have all had a super Christmas n New Year.

I have had a lovely time and I am so chuffed with myself I could bust my breeches :D I have lost a 1/2" of my waist and have held my weight at just about 116.5 kilos, not a lot of weight loss but no gain :p

I ate really well, like Smoked Salmon, stuffed Bird for Christmas/Boxing day n New Year's dinner but cooked them wisely. My Smoked Salmon I had stuffed in a wholemeal Pitta with Cottage Cheese and must admit to preferring it to the high fat content Sandwich type. I had all the Roast goodies with my dinners but just "massaged" in a little bit of Olive Oil into the Potatoes, Parsnips
etc; for roasting I don't have gravy as a norm so that was no loss. Drank far too much but when I wanted to pick there was not any "baddies" about so I did well and am so pleased with myself, big head aren't I :rolleyes:

You are an amazing woman, i have just sat here and read all the pages..You have done so well its wondeful!! I started on monday, and all seems to be going well so far, i will definitely keep coming on here to check how you are doing its so encouraging. Keep it up, xx

How's its going lovely lady?

Thanks for asking Kes, in fact I had completely forgotten for the past 10 days to measure or weigh myself and I am so glad I did cos I got such a lovely surprise this morning :D

I weighed 112.3 kilos = 248 lbs and my measurements are 50" bust 44" waist and 51.5" hips, am I a happy bunny, you betcha :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Now I had better give myself another mini goal for February...........

wow well done... thats fab. bet you feel super chuffed with yourself...
i wish i could just forget about the scales...
morning and night... i usially forget what i am half hour later (so it means in dont take much notice) just a habbit ive gotten myself into.... :(

Well done for maintaining over christmas - I failed badly on that front and am still a couple of pounds heavier than I was before. Will get back to my pre-christmas weight next week!!!

Back