Maddie's induction diary

Just made a batch of flaxseed focaccia so that I never miss breakfast again! Having a major headache and craving coffee - is that really not allowed in induction?? It's weird eating all this food and still expect to lose weight (I'm an ex cambridge dieter!) - when should I weight myself?
Thanks for all the sweet support!
Xx

image-1407407584.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Note to self... Don't read Maddie's diary when hungry!!! Food looks amazing! X

Hahahaha alpaca u really made me laugh- I've always been a foodie-not even Atkins can change that lol!

Slaj I got the recipe of the internet (you have to try it- absolutely gorgeous!!!!)

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 35 minutes

Ingredients:

2 cups flax seed meal
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1-2 Tablespoons sugar equivalent from artificial sweetener
5 beaten eggs
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup oil
Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare pan (a 10X15 pan with sides works best) with oiled parchment paper or a silicone mat.

1) Mix dry ingredients well -- a whisk works well.

2) Add wet to dry, and combine well. Make sure there aren't obvious strings of egg white hanging out in the batter.

3) Let batter set for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken up some (leave it too long and it gets past the point where it's easy to spread.)

4) Pour batter onto pan. Because it's going to tend to mound in the middle, you'll get a more even thickness if you spread it away from the center somewhat, in roughly a rectangle an inch or two from the sides of the pan (you can go all the way to the edge, but it will be thinner).

5) Bake for about 20 minutes, until it springs back when you touch the top and/or is visibly browning even more than flax already is.

6) Cool and cut into whatever size slices you want. You don't need a sharp knife; I usually just cut it with a spatula.
Nutritional Information: Each of 12 servings has less than a gram of effective carbohydrate (.7 grams to be exact) plus 5 grams fiber, 6 grams protein, and 185 calories.

Hi Maddie

Atkins has loads of scope for foodies! Much more than Cambridge - although when I did CD you could cook a pack a day and I managed to make crisps and muffins.

Nicer to eat food though. I'm currently a big fan of the 'I breathe...I'm hungry' blog - her recipe for chicken wings has become my new fave food. Am going to give the pizza a go over the weekend if I get a chance.

Soraya said:
Hi Maddie

Atkins has loads of scope for foodies! Much more than Cambridge - although when I did CD you could cook a pack a day and I managed to make crisps and muffins.

Nicer to eat food though. I'm currently a big fan of the 'I breathe...I'm hungry' blog - her recipe for chicken wings has become my new fave food. Am going to give the pizza a go over the weekend if I get a chance.

Thanks soraya! I will check that blog out!! I thought low carb would limit what u can eat but as long as I can have my bread fix (flax bread!) I find this lifestyle amazing!!

Oh and so far:

B- one slice of flax focaccia with Boursin cheese & earl grey tea (is tea allowed??)

For lunch I have prepared same salad as yesterday cuz it was yuuumm!

I have had 0.5l water so far! Aiming towards 3liters/day!

Xx

Morning Maddie, have you checked out the recipe thread? they are not all induction friendly mind.

Tea is fine :) so is coffee but decaf is better. Originally Atkins believed that your body would use the caffeine for energy instead of fat, but that seems to have been disproved. I do drink decaf mind.

Jim said:
Morning Maddie, have you checked out the recipe thread? they are not all induction friendly mind.

Tea is fine :) so is coffee but decaf is better. Originally Atkins believed that your body would use the caffeine for energy instead of fat, but that seems to have been disproved. I do drink decaf mind.

Yaaaay I can have coffffffeeeee!!! I love the recipe sight soooo many things that I want to try!! Jim do u think it should be ok to have flaxseed muffin/bread for breakfast AND evening snack?? going gym tomorrow for some good cardio workout!! Can't wait!!

xx

Thanks maddie I will definitely try it over the weekend. I just love the people on here, everyone is so helpful and friendly. :)

Ur welcome slaj :)

Dinner time- and today it was shirtaki noodles with veggies and turkey! It's really tasty but Ive been extremely naughty today :( had flaxbread AGAIN as I came home and also 3sausages with cauliflower mash :( I think all this flaxbread might affect my losses??

Anyway here's today's dinner

image-3180602433.jpg

Morning Maddie, you may be lucky with the flax bread. I must say, your dinner looks fabulous. Yum Yum

Try and up your water intake when you have the flax hun or you'll get a bit bunged up :)

The stirfry looks lovely - how do you find the noodles?

So taking up ur advice and having a litre of water with my breakfast that consists of one flaxseed focaccia cut in half and toasted with creme cheese, scrambled eggs (with chives) and turkey rashers. It was sooooo good!!

image-3938426852.jpg

Definitely trying with smoked salmon next week! Just fingers crossed my wright gain stops :(

ladyfelsham said:
Try and up your water intake when you have the flax hun or you'll get a bit bunged up :)

The stirfry looks lovely - how do you find the noodles?

The noodles were surprisingly nice!!! I really enjoyed it- hubby said he want "real noodles" next time so I guess its very individual!!

OMG Maddie I've just made your flax foccacia recipe, minus the salt and plus a good shake of herbes de Provence.

Put it in a silicon loaf tin, and it is gorgeous!!!!!

Light, stays together, makes one big loaf so will 12 slices, and virtually no carbs (I'm using Flex Flax, carb free).

Oh it is lush, I've had two pieces already and am in danger of eating the whole lot today!

It would adapt beautifully to a spice loaf mmmm, maybe even could take a cream cheese icing.

You are a genius.

Flax bread1.jpg
Flax bread2.jpg

Going to tinker and leave the sweetener (hermesetas) out so it's more of a savoury loaf. Would be lovely with some nuts in it too :D

Last edited:
Back