Maddie's induction diary

maddie_tc

So after almost 7weeks on the Cambridge diet I have managed to loose almost 2stones- loving my new self and I'm determined to maintain (although another 8lbs loss would be welcomed with open arms!) one thing that I noticed on my occasional "cheat days" on Cambridge was how carbs would physically make my belly and face(!) bloat!! Even my Cambridge consultant agreed that low carb is the right path for me!!

Going shopping for my new atkins life style tomorrow :) now the downside is that I had a total binge day for valentines day and just got my period (major chocolate cravings and mood swings) but that spurs me even more to try to get through this!!

I have to say u guys are a great bunch! I will try to upload as many pictures as possible with my meals- and plz feel free to criticise my choice of food (let me know if it's not really induction friendly)

Here's for a new low carb me :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welcome Maddie and well done on the loss !!!

When you start Atkins after a VLCD you might gain at the start but then it should drop off...

Lots of pics please and post often and good luck ! X

Hi Maddie and welcome, well done on that nearly 2 stone loss. I agree, looks like carbs are not good for you, I'm the same. :)

image-3507750379.jpg

Breakfast time :) both hubby and I have a day off today- while he was munching away on French toast I enjoyed my healthy option of a MIM! I skipped the cinnamon and the sugar as I was not after a sweet treat, didn't have anything exciting at home to have it with but it went well with butter. Omg was it FILLING!! now just have plenty of water - going grocery shopping now :)

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Interesting shape, what did you make that in :)

Jim, I made that in a HUGE coffee cup! Btw just realised that I forgot to buy decaf coffee- but I have also read that some ppl do use ordinary coffee- I'm just having one cup/day should be ok??

If you can it's best to detox properly over induction and avoid any of the cravings caffeine is supposed to cause in a lot of people.

I just have one cup in the morning and then follow with loads of water :)

Hi and welcome to this wonderful way of eating. Good luck:)

So then it was lunch time- made a yummmmmy vegetable fritatta (with aubergine, red peppers, chives and unfortunately milk...!)

I enjoyed it so much that I had a slice for dinner too, THEN realised I happened to put in milk instead of heavy cream...!!! Soooo gutted!!! :(

image-614088196.jpg

Wow ... Mim and frittata look amazing!! Yes, double or single cream next time!! X

Morning maddie, it's only a tiny blip love, cream next time :D

Thanks guys!!

So this morning I didn't even get a chance to make my MIM as I was running late! No breakfast today :(

Having lunch now- mixed greens with half a tomato, some mozzarella, basil, home-roasted chicken chunks with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil- it doesn't look very appetising but it's yuuuummm!!

image-3735899001.jpg

I'm starving and time to tuck into dinner

image-657608003.jpg

Salmon with cauliflower mash and a green salad

Back