Made it till 6pm yesterday

AbbieK

And then I binged :cry:

Today is a new day, and I'm going to try and learn from my mistakes.

I think I let myself go too hungry by planning 3 meals. I'll stick to 4 packs today, and I'll avoid having a bar.

So, 9am Shake, 1pm Shake, 5pm Shake, 8pm Shake.

Any tips on how to get through the first day?

Oh AbbieK ..not so good, but that was yesterday. Don't let it taint today! I went to bed at 9pm cos I was famished....so I empathise. Keepy busy. I find evenings the hardest. Try painting your nails or organising a cupboard, play a game....anything!! :)

I am with you there....I have a hubby and 2 kids to cater for. Not to mention a house full of kids treats!!

1) water water water
2) tell o/h to make his own bloody tea! :D

I am with you there....I have a hubby and 2 kids to cater for. Not to mention a house full of kids treats!!

Yes Toby (16 months) keeps rooting through the cupboards and offering me things! Plus he is at that stage of trying to feed me whatever he is eating!

OH is out tonight, so hopefully it'll be easier. He said this morning that this diet obviously doesn't suit me and we shouldn't have bought so much stuff. I'll show him!

grr! i hate it when i read about o/h's with attitudes like that. prove him wrong and rub it in his face!! HARD!! xx

grr! i hate it when i read about o/h's with attitudes like that. prove him wrong and rub it in his face!! HARD!! xx

I wasn't incredibly supportive when he gave up smoking a couple of years ago, so I think he finds it hard to be supportive to me!

He did say yesterday that perhaps this diet is too restrictive. I know I just need lots of support to get through the first 3 days, then it'll be so much easier.

A couple of years ago, I was sugar free for 7 months, so I KNOW I can do this.

I'll have my first shake when OH leaves for work.

I can relate, yesterday was my first day and I was ready to throw in the towel last night and eat a piece of shortbread. instead I just chugged lots of water and a couple of sugarless milkless coffees. It can only get easier right?

Good luck today x

thing is (and i'm no angel so am prob being really hypocritical here :D) that no food tastes good enough for long enough to be worth going off track for! all those foods will still exist at the end of your journey, albeit in moderation ;)

Your OH's attitude is reason enough to stick to Exante. I know how you're feeling but don't let it wear you down. It's not easy esp when feeding the masses but it does get easier. Think of how good you'll feel in a few short weeks when you're bagging up all your old clothes cos they are far too big. Imagine what your OH will say then.

I must admit I was incredibly tempted when making the kids dinners last night. Both of them had different meals and both of them were eating favourites of mine so it was incredibly tough. Especially as DS wasnt planning on eating his right away. I had to make it and put in the microwave extremely quickly so it was out of sight.

I tend to make the kids dinner and then make my soup so at least Im eating at the same time as them. Doesnt feel quite so bad then.

I did CD before (pretty successfully) and to be honest it was cos I wasn't really hard line with myself. If I needed some chicken, a small bit of cheese or a bit of fish in the evening...then I had it. I still lost 42lbs in 6 weeks. Just keep it in moderation. I have a lot of weight to lose so this has to be workable long term...you can do it. You know you can. Don't let yesterday knock you.

Stick in there it does kind of get easier but temptation of nice things is hard. It's just a question of finding ways of distracting yourself. I now do waist exercises while boiling the kettle in case I look in the biscuit tin or the fruit bowl. My waist is shrinking!

I'm having a strawberry shake for lunch, and it feels better than yesterday. I think the bars aren't right for me just yet, perhaps when I'm in ketosis.

Just drink lots and lots of water and have fizzy water / coffee / tea / boulion, when the hunger pangs hit.

I am constantly struggling with keeping my head focussed (and ignoring that little voice) but I know that once you are in the zone it will be easier, you just have to get there i'm afraid.

Glad to hear today is easier.

I don't get food hunger but I do get boredom hunger and I usually distract myself with a "delicious" black coffee. It's vile (imo) but it breaks up the boredom of the water.

Keep persevering - you can do it :)

This is when it started getting difficult, so I'm having another shake. Will have another before bed, I think 4 in a day is the right way to go for now.

Thanks all for the support!

water! drink a pint!!

Back