MAINTAINING TIPS NEEDED PLEASE

Hello there all you lovely people! :)

I started my SW journey a while back and have successfully managed to lose a fair few stones. Now that I'm quite close to target I'm becoming quite anxious about keeping the weight off! I live in fear that I'll simple gain all the weight back!

Would anyone be willing to let me in on the secret at staying at target? Preferably those who have kept off the weight successfully for a considerable amount of time but any help is welcome!! I'd really appreciate it xx

Hi there, I'm not at target weight yet but the Slimming World info says when reach target to stick to the same plan but you have 1 extra HEB! Doesn't sound a whole lot of fun to me but i can see it working lol

Thank you @Firenze198 . I was thinking how that might work but then how does that work when you want to do an SP day? Do you have two or three HEBs? Also I want to feel some 'normality' back into my life (whatever that may be). I'm Tibetan so my family tends to either eat flatbread (made with wholemeal ground wheat and water) or rice (which is free). Do you think I could count 60 g of the wholemeal flatbread as my HEXB? Being more flexible would help maintain my weight (makes sense in theory)?

Thank you again for your response.

From memory, I agree with @Firenze198 that you add an extra HEB! I think if you wanted to do an SP day then yes you would have up to three- though aren't SP days designed to boost your loss? So probably wouldn't 'force' myself to do one if I wasn't trying to lose any more!
There's a bit of a divide with 'tweaking' hexb's, I think it's because the ones that SW have chosen meet certain requirements for fibre and nutrients.
Personally, I don't mind a tweak and treat 60g of anything wholemeal as a hexb- so I don't bother finding the bfree wraps etc. Just have 60g of any. So I'd take the 60g of flatbread quite happily (I love flatbread!!)

I've been at target over 5 years now. My big tip would be still go to class, that'll keep you on track.

Personally I don't have the extra hexb, I tend to have extra syns, I know that's now what SW say to do, but it works for me.

I'd have the flatbread as hexb, not every day but every so often, I do this with chapatis.

Still weigh hexs where needed, count syns and basically do what you've been doing.

Being at target I found messed with my head though, there was nothing to aim for, and I though whoa I can have what I want now, but realised I couldn't.

It'll take a while to find your own target balance but you'll get there.

Back