Maintenance products after refeed

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Refeeding' started by Claudiaking, 22 September 2008 Social URL.

1. Claudiaking

Claudiaking Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim TFR
    Hi Everyone

Me again, I was just wondering how many of you use the maintenance products after re-feed? One of the things I am missing and cant wait to have is my bowel of porridge in the mornings, then salad for lunch with some lean protein then fish or chicken for dinner. Surely as a bowel of low GI porridge with skimmed milk no added sugar is less cals / sugar / fat then the maintenance caramel bar and will be just as good for me?

Please help!
    Claudia

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. trimlee

trimlee Love God; Love People

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(8.24%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating!
    Hi Claudia, you can certainly have your porridge. I think the maintenance products are helpful so that we can keep tabs on what we eat -stick to a set number of calories when we have a maintenance product; and it keeps us in the mindset that we are still on a food monitoring programme. We also still have to weigh in at the pharmacy which adds structure and further support. I intend to keep using the maintenance bars till I am comfortable with maintaining and confident that I know how and that I can. You can try having the maintenance products at a different time of day. Sometimes I have a regular breakfast and then have a maintenance bar for lunch.

4. angie-bum

angie-bum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(8.87%)
    Diet:
    Vlcd/lchf
  5. trimlee

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(8.24%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating!
    freudian slip or what??!!:D

6. Claudiaking

Claudiaking Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim TFR
    Thanks guys!

7. TheMilkTrayMan

TheMilkTrayMan Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3.0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    What is low GI porridge? Is that something you can buy anywhere, or is it a specific brand through a health shop?

8. liberty_girl

liberty_girl Peace Love Happiness

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    AFAIK low GI porridge is the one made with jumbo oats
    Ocado: Organic Jumbo Oats Waitrose (Product Information)

Not the instant kind, if that makes sense.

xxx

9. trimlee

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(8.24%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating!
    You're right liberty girl. I read somewhere that instant oats -the microwavable type have a very high GI, while the good old fashioned big oats are low GI
    (I wish it were the other way round as I like the microwave ones but find the other ones too gooey!). I plan to have ban flakes with hot skimmed milkwhen i want a hot breakfast...

10. pinkiepie

pinkiepie Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st0.1lb(-0.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The reason the instant porridge is high GI is because it's already broken down so the sugars go straight into you bloodstream whereas with the jumbo oats your body has to work at breaking it down so the sugars are released into your bloodstream slowly therefore you dont get that dip in your bloodsugars & want to eat again soon after. Thats how i understand it anyway, so you dont have to get special GI porridge just get the jumbo oats. The same with bread, dont get white bread get the seeded granary breads.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.