Maintenance...

jools1986

Silver Member
Well, last night I was asked a very good question "how are you going to keep the weight off?"

I have been researching this morning and I have narrowed it down to a few options..

After xmas move over to cambridge and work up the plans and get to goal weigh this way

Back to atkins and move up the plans

A whole food holistic diet (I am from a holistic background work wise) and love the idea of eating whole foods and completely retraining my palette, I was thinking the food doctor in particular.

Has anyone else thought about this? Has anyone made any decisions. I know I still have a fair way to go but I would like to be fully prepared for it

Also considering changing my goal weight to 10 stone :)

Hi Jools,

My Hubbie has been off TFR for 2/3Weeks now, he followed refeed instructions (lipotrim) Now using Patrick Holford Low GL We've found low Carb works best for Us in the past, South Beach Diet CookBook great, So will likely concentrate on High Protein, but also Lowfat and portion Control having a wee look at weightwatchers/slimming world. (I have their cookbooks/diets from previous adventures in dieting)!

My weight had roughly maintained over that last few years (Obese but still steady).

I would definitely reintroduce food as Exante recommend, I've just come of AAM Week, I was a bit relaxed (eating healthy ish) Put on 4.5lb but feels like I've put on much more.
So am following to the letter next time! :D

Good Luck with whatever you decide.

I am planning on wholefood. In my case, thats my 'normal' diet anyway (I have never eaten 'junk' whilst training, only my comfort eating whilst injured!) and I find I can pretty much eat as much as I like that way without gaining weight. I also don't like processed foods really, nand try not to eat anything with a long ingredients list!

How tall are you Rachael? 10st might be a good weight for you, or maybe to see how well you maintain with view to lose a little more after 6mths or so if you want?

I'm planning on cutting down on carbs and sticking to non processed meals. My hubbie needs his cholestrol watching so I've decided to make lots of veg soup and have it before our evening meal every night as there is research that says that keeps you in check along with eating proper brekkie and low carb lunch -then I just need to kepp away from the choclate!

Back