Make me Stop!!

sandyk

Hi everyone, really struggling today :wave_cry:

I barely slept last night and now I'm having a really bad day....could do with some advice or words of encouragement :sigh:

It's barely 2 o clock and I've already gorged myself to the point where I'm disgusted with myself. I'm thinking that if I post exactly what I've eaten so far today I might shame myself and not end up overindulging into the night as well...

Here goes...

Breakfast - Bowl of Albran w raisins
coffee (started okay)

Throughout the morn (at work)- Banana, scone, 2 biscuits, Special K bar..

Lunch - Veggie Lasange & potatoes(canteen), thick slice of white bread,
chunky Kitkat, Diet coke....

I'm feeling out of control....Please help so that I don't go home and eat the giant toblerone sitting in the cupboard...Boyfriend is out tonight and it's times like this that if I'm left on my own I end up stuffing myself silly :cry:

Hi everyone, really struggling today :wave_cry:

I barely slept last night and now I'm having a really bad day....could do with some advice or words of encouragement :sigh:

It's barely 2 o clock and I've already gorged myself to the point where I'm disgusted with myself. I'm thinking that if I post exactly what I've eaten so far today I might shame myself and not end up overindulging into the night as well...

Here goes...

Breakfast - Bowl of Albran w raisins
coffee (started okay)

Throughout the morn (at work)- Banana, scone, 2 biscuits, Special K bar..

Lunch - Veggie Lasange & potatoes(canteen), thick slice of white bread,
chunky Kitkat, Diet coke....

I'm feeling out of control....Please help so that I don't go home and eat the giant toblerone sitting in the cupboard...Boyfriend is out tonight and it's times like this that if I'm left on my own I end up stuffing myself silly :cry:

Deep breath, Sandy! Unclench the gut muscles and de-stiffen. Please don't panic! You really haven't eaten too badly today at all, so don't beat yourself up. It's not like you've gone and locked yourself in a broom cupboard with a box of truffles. ;)

Your body and mind were craving something, probably rest and comfort, and you substituted with a few nibbles. Not the end of the world at all, and you realise it's not a good idea in the long term, so you know the issue and you're dealing with it.

And don't punish yourself. It's done and dusted, over and done with, just go home and think about rewarding yourself for how far you've come by giving your body good, nutrient-packed food, and maybe a nice long soak in the bath with yummy lotions and potions. Have a good meal tonight and try to get an early night, you deserve it.

One last thing - bin the Toblerone or give it to someone, anyone. While it's there it's just torturing you at the back of your mind, and you'll be looking for excuses to chuck in the towel and eat it. If it's not in the house, it can't torment you.

Chin up, you're doing great! :)

Iris thank you so much for your kind words, it means a lot to know that there are ppl out there that can understand and empathise with feelings that probably seem silly to a lot of others.

I don't know why I'm feeling so out of control. I know that I'm struggling at the moment cos we've got visitors staying for the next couple of weeks, and my routine has been shot to hell, but I don't know why I suddenly feel like throwing the towel in after a really good couple of weeks. :break_diet:

Iris you've done so well and lost a lot of weight - you must have some tips on how to adapt when things get a bit challenging... :eek: ??

Does anyone else have any advice on being more adaptable? Think that's the crux of my problem really. Any help would be gratefully received

Oh and I did get rid of the toblerone....gave it to boyfriend to share with his team - much better to be eaten by 10 people as opposed to one!

Already fantastic advice has been given, but thought I'd throw in my support. Pick yourself up & put today down as a bad day. We all have them & the trick is to not give up & put it down to experience.

Thanks Dramatic Star...I've the unfortunate tendency to be a person of extemes, so when I start to fall off the wagon I feel like I'm actually gonna fall off, roll around in the mud a bit, start travelling in the opposite direction, and then finally turn around and climb back on the wagon...if that makes any sense to y'all!

Back