Make Up advice for Novice

_Flower_

I need some help, I don't really wear make up and when I do it tends to look a mess.
I have pretty scarred face from acne and still get spots, I tend to get flaky skin on my forehead as soon as I put liquid foundation on, even if i moisturise.

I'm starting a new job soon and I really want to make an effort

I've seen adverts on the TV for sheer cover but I'm not sure about colours.
Can anyone suggest a good concealer and foundation that's going to cover a lot of damage?

I dont wear a huge amount of makeup either and I dont see why I have to . If I'm not comfortable with who Iam then I won't do a good job anyway .
But I do understand why you think you should wear make up. Look at www.lizearle.com I've worn her products for about 10 years and have great skin. It's all natural chemical free and it's very good for your skin. She has just brought out a tinted moisturiser which is getting rave reviews which will be good at calming your skin down.
Other than that, stay fairly neutral go for a couple of eyeshadows in light/medium browns and use a brush to put it on.
Buy a lippy that again is skin tones peachy/pink. Nothing too brash
As you get used to wearing makeup you can buy things according to your skin tones better and possibly brighter but makeup won't make you feel confident if you feel it's too obvious or stands out too much. So go muted till you're ready .
Good luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

A good idea would be to get a good skin care regime in place first - that can be just washing and moisturising gently every night. Then, perhaps go to a make-up counter (Bobby Brown if you have a bit to spend, Benefit if you dont!) if you have one near you somewhere and ask them for recommendations. They will do a FREE make-up trial with you and then you can buy or not buy what they offer. I also suggest at the very least finding a nice primer that will go over your moisturiser and under your foundation..it evens out the skin and helps the foundation do its job! Invest in a good one of these at the very least!! I love Primer | Smashbox Cosmetics (phot finish light one).
Good luck! :)

tanning salons
I need some help, I don't really wear make up and when I do it tends to look a mess.
I have pretty scarred face from acne and still get spots, I tend to get flaky skin on my forehead as soon as I put liquid foundation on, even if i moisturise.

I'm starting a new job soon and I really want to make an effort

I've seen adverts on the TV for sheer cover but I'm not sure about colours.
Can anyone suggest a good concealer and foundation that's going to cover a lot of damage?

My sister always has a hard time with makeup because she has some really terrible acne on her skin and she desperately tries on almost every trick on the book to cover it up with makeup. Her pimples were so severe, that they had burst out once and with all the make-up she had caked, it wasn’t a pretty sight. Anyway, her makeup woes continued for a long time before she decided on seeing a good dermatologist who gave her some specific acne creams. Now, her skin is great, and make-up looks stunning on her!

Last edited:
Bit late on the repsonse... but I suggest skin care is the best way forward. If you have a good skin care regime (demologica is good and tailored to your skins needs) - you'll have a less dry base to work with. Then it's about tailoring your make up to your skin - my best advice is to go around make up counters and get foundation samples if poss or any freebie makeovers. When I do my friends make up I tailor it to her face, good moisturiser, primer all over, then I tend to use a heavier coverage foundation on her acne scaring, and mineral foundation on her forehead which tends to be oily and then dust a light powder all over her face after blusher and bronzer. Spend some time practising in the mirror - you'll soon find what works for you!

Lisa mcfeldridge does some brilliant demos on YouTube for covering acne scarred an problem skin. She was the celeb consultant for Boots No7 and now does the same for Chanel. She is brilliant - def worth a look xx

Back