Making Crisps, Making Popadoms, What else is possible?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by happygal, 11 October 2006 Social URL.

1. happygal

happygal Banned

Diet:
    CD
    Hi Ya

Im starting CD on Monday and I have heard people on about making Crisps and Popadoms etc. How do you do that?

Also could anyone share some tips on how to make things interesting and ring the changes?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Cheb

Cheb Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.8%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet (SSing)
    Hi

If you take a look at Icemoose blog I think there are recipes and pics of the finished delicacies

See My CambridgeLife for details and some pickies.

4. happygal

happygal Banned

Diet:
    CD
    Hi Ya

Thank you. Can I ask though. Does cooking the sachets kill the vitamins and nutrients?

5. Cheb

Cheb Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.8%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet (SSing)
    Hi

Yes, some of the nutrients are lost in the cooking process so it is reccommended that you don't cook more than one pack a day. I had one pack made into crisps every day for 4 months and I was still thriving so I can personally vouch that whatever nutrients are lost, it's not enough to do any damage!!

Making crisps can be a bit tricky at first, there's a definite knack to it. First few attempts of mine I ended up eating soggy stogey soup mix and paper. Try to get a teflon baking sheet to use in the microwave as non stick grease proof paper/ baking parchment etc do not work!

Enjoy!

6. happygal

happygal Banned

Diet:
    CD
    Thanks for your help. Im really excited about it!! Didnt see the popadom recipe there but I take it that its just a large crisp. Am I right?

7. Brad0053

Brad0053 Silver Member

Yes that's right, it is essentially a very large crisp.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.