Attack Making Savoury Muffins....

waterford

Starting saturday and planning on making some Savoury Muffins tonight just to be prepared.

I am new to baking so I have a few questions. Didnt see wheatbran in the supermarket. Should I be able to get it in the same area as Oatbran.

Also didnt have fromage frais. Is vanilla yoghurt similar.

have you read the book? if not i'd advise to delay your start till you've read it, cleared your cupboards of non friendly items and been shopping so you've a well stocked fridge as you'll need to eat plenty in the first few days.

wheatbran isn't allowed in attack anyway, but asda sell the jordans version. once you're in cruise you're allowed 1 tbsp per day, but it's a tolerated item so only to be used if you're suffering from constipation. you should be fine making muffins with just the oatbran though.

stay away from vanilla yogurts as they're usually loaded with sugars, unless they're muller lights but even then don't go overboard with them. can you get quark if not fromage frais? sainsburys sell their own brand of ff, and quark too, though asda sell a quark that's a bit better. if not stick to fat free natural or greek yogurt. i've found total 0% to be the best one as it has the lowest carbs.

thank you emma, just took the muffins out of the oven so will will hold off on them until I start cruise. Not starting the diet until saturday just doing a trial run today.

Unfortunately cant clear out my presses, have a hubby & 4 kids so will have to summon the will power from somewhere not to be tempted.

waterford, the muffins freeze well, but if you're not starting till the weekend there's nothing to stop you eating these ones before then!

Most people tend to find it helps to put their non dukan food in one cupboard, then stay away from it, once you're past attack you shouldn't really be craving anything you shouldn't but it might help.

Hi waterford this may seem like a strange question if the answer isnt a yes! but do you dibb by any chance??? :D

Yes I am a dibber, nice to see you over here, what is your dibb name.:D

well I have made the muffins and they are just divine. Guess I just need to make them without the wheatbran for my attack week.

Off to find the recipe for Galettes.

i had posted one somewhere but it had gotten buried, so i've unearthed it and put it up in the recipes section. you might need a couple of tries at it, but persevere!

Sorry that muffin recipe with wheatbran is mine... over here, we can have wheatbran on attack! haaa!

(but there are so many other thing we can't have so don't envy me too much!)

Hi waterford this may seem like a strange question if the answer isnt a yes! but do you dibb by any chance???

Hi Jezzebell and Waterford, I'm a Dibber too, it's a small world

Sorry that muffin recipe with wheatbran is mine... over here, we can have wheatbran on attack! haaa!

(but there are so many other thing we can't have so don't envy me too much!)

good to hear I can have the wheatbran.

hmm... did I say that? *I* can over here, cos there are lots of things YOU're allowed over there that I'm not! (So you have extra carbs in other foods that I have in wheatbran.)

I'd stick to the English rules 100% cos mixing and matching might get you (and me!) confused! It's not for long!

Back